Glenn starting to run... *Merge*

sjordan6

Reaction score
It has finally been reported that Terry Glenn has started to run. No he has not practiced and he is still a few weeks away from some serious thoughts about getting back on the field but it is promising to hear that he has made that first step back. I hope he can get back by that Phili game and get a couple of games under his belt. He is a veteren and his speed will only help in the playoffs, especially if we play N.E.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
sjordan6;1781717 said:
It has finally been reported that Terry Glenn has started to run. No he has not practiced and he is still a few weeks away from some serious thoughts about getting back on the field but it is promising to hear that he has made that first step back. I hope he can get back by that Phili game and get a couple of games under his belt. He is a veteren and his speed will only help in the playoffs, especially if we play N.E.

If they used the word "run", I think that is step2. I believe step one was "jog". I think it was mentioned that he started to jog a week ago.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
That is awesome news!!!! If he is up to speed come for the playoffs, that will add a huge weapon to the arsenal!

burmafrd

Reaction score
If he is running NOW it depends on if it is half run or full out. If he is full out running then the next step is making hard cuts; stopping and starting. Once he starts doing those, then he is about a weak away from playing.

sago1

Reaction score
From what I've read, our trainers were intent on ensuring that his leg strength surrounding his knee area was rebuilt back (or as close as possible) to the level it was before the operation. Until that was completed (supposedly at least 2 weeks necessary but entirely possible it took much longer), Glenn wouldn't be running.

I think your estimate of a Eagle appearance (only home game we have) in December is probably pretty good if Glenn has no setbacks. Won't be surprised if that's the date he's targetting so he'll can play in front of Cowboy home fans.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
November 21, 2007

Terry Glenn closer?

It was neither a bird nor a plane, but receiver Terry Glenn was seen walking out to apparently workout with a Cowboys trainer on Wednesday. While the rest of his teammates worked inside the practice "bubble" Glenn walked out in shorts and a windbreaker on one of the outdoor fields. His right leg was covered in a "leg sleeve".

"It's ain't because Patrick (Crayton) is hurt," Glenn said as he walked onto the field. Crayton did not practice on Wednesday, and his sprained ankle may keep him from playing on Thursday against the Jets.

This may be the first solid sign that Glenn is actually making progress towards returning to a game.

He's been out since having surgery on his knee on Aug. 1.

He had another surgery on the same knee the next month.

The Cowboys have been hopeful he'll return, but never set a date.

- Mac Engel

http://startelegram.typepad.com/cowboys_corner/2007/11/terry-glenn-clo.html

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Hindsight is 20/20 but Glenn should of been put on IR preseason. And his spot should of been given to WR Jerheme Urban.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Vinnie2u;1781810 said:
Hindsight is 20/20 but Glenn should of been put on IR preseason. And his spot should of been given to WR Jerheme Urban.
Who? Urban? :laugh1:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Anyone think he'll be around next year? If he's healthy, I don't see why not. He's only scheduled to count about $2 million against the cap.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
theogt;1781828 said:
Anyone think he'll be around next year? If he's healthy, I don't see why not. He's only scheduled to count about $2 million against the cap.
If he is healthy, I don't see why he couldn't play another year or two with the 'Boys.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Vinnie2u;1781810 said:

Urban has 13 catches for 176 yards and one touchdown of 42 yards. Playing behind Fitzgerald and Boldin. He Ran back a punt 80 yards during preseason.
Cowboys could use a punt returner right now.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Vinnie2u;1781861 said:
Urban has 13 catches for 176 yards and one touchdown of 42 yards. Playing behind Fitzgerald and Boldin. He Ran back a punt 80 yards during preseason.

Against backups and players that got cut the next day not to mention it was the slowest one in NFL history.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Vinnie2u;1781861 said:
Urban has 13 catches for 176 yards and one touchdown of 42 yards. Playing behind Fitzgerald and Boldin.
Hurd has 10 catches for 169 yards and one TD of 51 yards, playing behind TO and Crayton.

Urban is nothing special.
He Ran back a punt 80 yards during preseason.
Preseason? What have he done during regular season?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Vinnie2u;1781810 said:

Ladies and gentlemen: proof that not all hindsight is 20/20.

sago1

Reaction score
Urban is definitely not a WR we want. About 2 weeks ago Cards reportedly not pleased with production from their #3 WR (Urban) because he drops too many passes in tight quarters. Why would you replace Glenn with a "dropsie" WR like Urban. Besides he's too slow which is something we don't need.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
sago1;1781932 said:
Urban is definitely not a WR we want. About 2 weeks ago Cards reportedly not pleased with production from their #3 WR (Urban) because he drops too many passes in tight quarters. Why would you replace Glenn with a "dropsie" WR like Urban. Besides he's too slow which is something we don't need.

He was inactive last weekend and ineffective before that....