Glenn starting to run... *Merge*

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
theogt;1781828 said:
Anyone think he'll be around next year? If he's healthy, I don't see why not. He's only scheduled to count about $2 million against the cap.

Honestly I agree with you.

the only way I think he isnt is that he struggles in the offseason and they use a 1st round pick on a wr. then I think it would be either glenn or austin's roster spot would be used for the new wr.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theogt;1781828 said:
Anyone think he'll be around next year? If he's healthy, I don't see why not. He's only scheduled to count about $2 million against the cap.
If healthy, yes.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Didn't see this so sorry if it is a repost.

Injured Terry Glenn tests leg on practice field
BY MAC ENGEL
STAR-TELEGRAM STAFF WRITER

IRVING -- Receiver Terry Glenn might have made his first real step toward returning Wednesday.

While his teammates practiced at the Cowboys indoor facility, he walked out to one of the outdoor fields with a team trainer. He's been running for a few days, and the Cowboys hope these are the first steps to building his leg strength back so he can return.

In his place, Patrick Crayton has started. But his status is uncertain for Thursday's game after he suffered a sprained left ankle during a punt return in the first quarter against the Washington Commanders on Sunday. He said he will be a game-time decision.

"I will have a field test and see how it feels. I haven't run on it yet," Crayton said. "The quick turnaround is what is getting in the way of getting this thing healed the way I need. If we're not ready to go tomorrow, we'll get it ready for Green Bay."

Glenn said he's not pushing himself so he can play in Thursday's game against the New York Jets (3:15 p.m.).

"It ain't because Patrick [Crayton] is hurt," Glenn said.

Glenn hasn't played a snap this season because of two surgeries on his right knee. The first one was Aug. 1. The second was about six weeks later.

Sam Hurd, who in two seasons has 13 catches for 216 yards with one touchdown, would start in his place. Second-year receiver Miles Austin, who has no career catches, would be the third receiver.

"I already know all the stories about guys having great days on Thanksgiving," Hurd said. "It gives me chills. It's going to happen again. I'm just thinking positive."

Green Bay game maybe?

And Im an idiot. Found the other thread. My bad.

Aikbach

Reaction score
Don't sweat, someone will merge them, I think GB would be too soon however.
Give him another month.

Ironically maybe let him stretch his legs in the season finale and get reps in the bye week.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Aikbach;1782125 said:
Give him another month.

Ironically maybe let him stretch his legs in the season finale and get reps in the bye week.

I could live with that. If he can be 100% ready to go entering the Playoff run, his roster spot would have been well worth it IMO.

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
Aikbach;1782125 said:
Give him another month.

I like this plan very much. No sense to get in a rush right now.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
theogt;1781828 said:

Money wise, sure. But if the reports i've read are accurate, he'll need the microfracture after the season to ensure his health for the rest of his life. Then it comes down to, does he want to go through the rehab it would take to play at this level, and risk another serious injury after the micro. I remember hearing as far back as 2 years that his knee was in a degenerative state, so IMHO all bets are off on TG.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
I just hope that he has been taking his time off to get very acquainted with the playbook and Garrett's offense so that he can be effective immediately upon getting playing time. Great news to hear about him running though. For a while, I was starting to believe the original diagnosis of Glenn being out for the season was the correct one. The only thing that gave me hope was that he wasn't place on IR and the Cowboys made no attempt to get Chambers. Hopefully he will contribute in a huge way for us.