Glover is gonna have a monster year IMO

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
To all of the non-believers in Glover's ability to be an effective 3-4 NT...

I truly believe Glover is gonna have a monster season. He straight up beasts guys off the snap and there is no C in the league who can stop him. On passing downs he will be 1 on 1 with the Center and will immediately manhandle him and get to the QB faster than anyone else.
JMO.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
To all of the non-believers in Glover's ability to be an effective 3-4 NT...

I truly believe Glover is gonna have a monster season. He straight up beasts guys off the snap and there is no C in the league who can stop him. On passing downs he will be 1 on 1 with the Center and will immediately manhandle him and get to the QB faster than anyone else.
JMO.

I am not so sure of this. I think he will continue to do well in passing sitos but in a 34, you really don't want your NT shooting the gap, per say. You want him holding the line against the run. It all depends on Ferguson. If Ferguson goes down and Glover has to take on the role of NT, he will wear down.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
I am not so sure of this. I think he will continue to do well in passing sitos but in a 34, you really don't want your NT shooting the gap, per say. You want him holding the line against the run. It all depends on Ferguson. If Ferguson goes down and Glover has to take on the role of NT, he will wear down.
True.
I do think he will come up a lil short in the run stop because he will get doubleteamed everytime then but what I mean is in terms of QB pressure/sacks, I think he is going to have one of his best seasons yet as a Cowboy- if not his best.

He and Ferguson are the perfect marriage in a 3-4. One for rushing plug and one for pass rush. Both rested throughout the game.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
True.
I do think he will come up a lil short in the run stop because he will get doubleteamed everytime then but what I mean is in terms of QB pressure/sacks, I think he is going to have one of his best seasons yet as a Cowboy- if not his best.

He and Ferguson are the perfect marriage in a 3-4. One for rushing plug and one for pass rush. Both rested throughout the game.

LOL..

It's funny, I felt the same way but in a 43 allignment. Felt like with both those guys on the field at the same time, they would be like Hannibal and the Elephant Crew. Pillage everything!

Looks like it's 34 now but I sure would have like to have seen Glover and Ferguson playing stickly in a 43.

Derinyar

Reaction score
Seems to me we are going to be able to put together a pretty mean 4-3 DL. If we are doing a lot of nickles we will see a lot of that 4 down linemen.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Derinyar said:
Seems to me we are going to be able to put together a pretty mean 4-3 DL. If we are doing a lot of nickles we will see a lot of that 4 down linemen.

It's possible but who can really say at this point. I do know this, we won't see as much of it as we would if we were playing a 43 straight out. Regardless, time will tell.

TheHustler

Reaction score
I agree he's going to have a great year, but it won't be while we're in the 3-4 alignment, it'll be on passing downs when we have 4 on the line. He's be fresher, have more energy and be able to beat his man more effectively.