GMFB-Dak Prescott vs. Carson Wentz: Which QB is in a better situation

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Where do we have a big depth advantage?

OL depth is pretty similar (we may have a little bit more depth) now that the Eagles brought back Wisnewski as a backup and drafted Dillard in the first round at OT. WR depth seems similar, maybe we have a slight edge if you buy into a guy like Tavon Austin, who I won't be fooled again into thinking will be a factor. TE depth? They have Ertz and Goeddert so they have decent depth at TE as do we (granted they probably have more talent).

TB? We have the best TB but both teams are going to be likely relying on rookies (Sanders - 2nd round for them, Weber - late round for us) to provide depth.

I guess I just don't see how we are so much better off depth wise than them? Both teams seem to have decent depth now on offense.
You're right. Tight end is still a little shaky with us. When I was talking about our depth I was thinking more of total team depth. As in our defenseive depth looks good but if we lose one WR (19) to injuries this year we might be in trouble their too.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Staying healthy is a big part of job security. Dak has been able to avoid injury, Carson...not so much. If he gets hurt again this year it could be the guillotine for Mr. Wentz. The eagles have a lot invested in wentz. Franchise qb.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I used to think I wanted to work for one of the sports networks but with 24 hours to fill they spend a lot of time going on about nothing - fake debates and speculation about a season that is 4 months away.
Yeah..

But this stuff pays the bill with the advertisers.

And we have a newsworthy team even in the offseason.

It's all good.

:huh:

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
People don't realize I'm not sure why. Prescott was on the job training his first 3 Seasons. He should have been on the bench learning NFL defenses. The experience was priceless for the youngest starting team third-youngest overall. I take Prescott any day of the week before Carson Wentz. I think he's the best 4th quarter quarterback in football right now

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
People don't realize I'm not sure why. Prescott was on the job training his first 3 Seasons. He should have been on the bench learning NFL defenses. The experience was priceless for the youngest starting team third-youngest overall. I take Prescott any day of the week before Carson Wentz. I think he's the best 4th quarter quarterback in football right now
I believe it also.

But I wish he would come to the game sooner than the 4th Qt.

This can't last for ever.

Sooner or later they start to go against you.

If he loses a few close games this season..

watch that quote disappear from his resume.

He needs more solid 4 qt play.

He has not shown that much so far in his career.

A lot of late wins but not a lot of early leads to protect turned into wins.

I want to see this from him. That is a sign of a good QB in the NFL.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I believe it also.

But I wish he would come to the game sooner than the 4th Qt.

This can't last for ever.

Sooner or later they start to go against you.

If he loses a few close games this season..

watch that quote disappear from his resume.

He needs more solid 4 qt play.

He has not shown that much so far in his career.

A lot of late wins but not a lot of early leads to protect turned into wins.

I want to see this from him. That is a sign of a good QB in the NFL.
I think Kellen Moore he's going to change that. I don't think they'll wait until the fourth quarter to turn Prescott loose. It'll be more like the Jacksonville and the Giants game. Least I hope so

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Nick Foles in my opinion is just another Kirk Cousins. I followed his entire career he's an interception waiting to happen. If the Eagles didn't have that great running game they don't go to the Super Bowl
I took notice early on that Philly's O.C. had/was calling plays designed to maximize Carson's chances for success, as I recall seeing one play where upon him rolling out to the right & firing off the ball,all in the course of about 3 seconds,dude had two targets in a tandem string 4 or 5 yards of downfield depth between them, *BOOM* instant first down,,,and it was such a simple design too.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
When Wentz is healthy, I believe Dak and Wentz are very comparable to one another.

But questions of durability come into play with Wentz far more than they do with Dak.

Last edited:

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Wentz. Right now the Eagles know how to get to the SB, they arent scared, they arent geared to play for ticket sales.

Dallas isnt looking to win, even if the league rigged it for them , JJ still has the ghost of Jimmy. Bad personel moves, if the ST coach sucks, u keep him, LVE playing beter than Lee, you put Lee back in. need a third and 5, you bring back Witten to go 4 yards.

Cowboy fans in Jan: dunno what went wrong. my super duper calculator said we were winning.