News: GM's Predict Cowboys Pick At No. 10: NFL Draft Tracker

J-man

Reaction score
wow, I know they like him and he fits what they want to do but that seems like a reach, unless they have him graded that much higher than we think.

morasp

Reaction score
Sorry everyone I posted the article but it got removed. The GMs thought Horn was the guy.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
wow, I know they like him and he fits what they want to do but that seems like a reach, unless they have him graded that much higher than we think.

I don't get that reach deal... If you like a player that is rated by some to be the 15th player in the draft I'd take him at 10.. Why does it matter? You not going to get him in the second.. if that's the player that best fits your system go get him

Verdammung

Reaction score
I wouldn't judge the Cowboys for drafting Horn over Surtain. Surtain is certainly safer, but should a team picking at #10 overall pick a high floor player or a high ceiling player?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wouldn't judge the Cowboys for drafting Horn over Surtain. Surtain is certainly safer, but should a team picking at #10 overall pick a high floor player or a high ceiling player?

“For as much as I loved Surtain’s high floor, I wasn’t sold on his ceiling being very high. Without above average speed and athleticism, the potential is capped for an NFL cornerback (yeah, sit down Richard Sherman, you’re the exception to the rule). If I’m picking in the top-10 of the draft, I’m looking for someone who mightbe an All-Pro, not someone who’s just guaranteed to be a starter.

Then the Pro Day happened…”

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/sp...as-cowboys-draft-patrick-surtain-pick-10/amp/

phildadon86

Reaction score
“For as much as I loved Surtain’s high floor, I wasn’t sold on his ceiling being very high. Without above average speed and athleticism, the potential is capped for an NFL cornerback (yeah, sit down Richard Sherman, you’re the exception to the rule). If I’m picking in the top-10 of the draft, I’m looking for someone who mightbe an All-Pro, not someone who’s just guaranteed to be a starter.

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/sp...as-cowboys-draft-patrick-surtain-pick-10/amp/

Yeah I dont know why people dont realize how good Surtain is. Not to mention hes been coached by a great CB his whole life in his dad and his technique and fundamentals are better than anyone ive seen coming out of college in a long time.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah I dont know why people dont realize how good Surtain is. Not to mention hes been coached by a great CB his whole life in his dad and his technique and fundamentals are better than anyone ive seen coming out of college in a long time.

His character and willingness to work is also off the charts.

And by whatever measurement one wants to make, it would be a plus to reunite him with Diggs as well.

visionary

Reaction score
I don't get that reach deal... If you like a player that is rated by some to be the 15th player in the draft I'd take him at 10.. Why does it matter? You not going to get him in the second.. if that's the player that best fits your system go get him

so you won’t complain if the Cowboys take Moehrig or Barmore at 10?

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
so you won’t complain if the Cowboys take Moehrig or Barmore at 10?

if your Scouts and coaches tell you that who's best for your team... get them. but if they are going to be around in the second then no..

Verdammung

Reaction score

I didn't really say anything about his measurables. I just saw a higher ceiling player on tape with Horn. /shrug.

The Realist

Reaction score
Jaycee Horn at 10

Fortunately or unfortunately relationships matter. Will Muschamp was South Carolina’s DC 2016-2020. Muschamp hired Dan Quinn to be Florida’s DC in 2011.

I despise the idea of taking a CB at 10, but Horn is a better fit for Quinn’s scheme than Surtain and has alpha male leadership qualities that our D desperately needs.

Sydla

Reaction score
I could see Dallas going Horn. Despite Surtain testing well, Horn is still viewed as the more "toolsy" guy. So I could see the Cowboys falling in love with that thinking they can coach him up. Surtain is the only CB I'd take at 10.