Go 50" ?? - New Plasma

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Well - I went and did it. I broke down and purchased a new 50" pani. I have to say I was a little leary going plasma. It was mainly the price that boggled me. :eek:

After about 3 weeks now of watching it I have to say. UNREAL! I absoultely love it. You know fellas when you go out and you buy something that is pretty pricey (car,truck,stereo) and sometimes you have that tick in the back of your head like "hmm maybe I shouldnt have done that". Well everytime I play my xbox on this or watch HDTV on it or DVD I dont get that tick. Im like "OH YEAH".

So I say to each of you. Go get a plasma tv. Make sure you research them real well and get a nice one. You can get what I have now for about 3500$ off the internet. Shipping is about 400$. I got mine for 3600 new and a nice 300$ wall mount kit thrown in.

I did some googlin after I typed this out. Some of these you can get for $3100. They are refurbs tho. Beware!

Panasonic TH-50PHD7UY

pani.jpg

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Don't really care for plasmas. I think they look like they have a haze to them most of the time. Except the ones that cost $10,000+. I think the DLP and other projection ones look better.

k19

Reaction score
Can I borrow 72 bucks to fill my Honda up in ATlanta. Come on Daddy Warbucks getting to works a better cause then watching a bigger tv :D

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
That is a decent price for an HDTV 50" plasma. I've always liked Panasonic TVs. I'm not sure how they do in mags like Consumer Reports, but if you go TV shopping, you can usually notice a better image on Panasonic products.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
That is a decent price for an HDTV 50" plasma. I've always liked Panasonic TVs. I'm not sure how they do in mags like Consumer Reports, but if you go TV shopping, you can usually notice a better image on Panasonic products.

They are top rated by most accounts...

Duane

Reaction score
Good price on that TV. Glad you're enjoying it.