Go, Hogs, Go!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My, my, first 3 game win streak in a long long time and I am going to take this moment to celebrate it because the Hawgs is playing the Dawgs in Athens on Saturday and the dream is likely to end.

I gotta tell ya, after enduring some of the worst seasons imaginable, I am really proud of this team, full of fight they are.

Best part is beating the Horns and Aggies is going to bring some recruiting gold.

Worst part is they're likely to lose both coordinators in the off season.

MizzouCowboy4

Reaction score
My, my, first 3 game win streak in a long long time and I am going to take this moment to celebrate it because the Hawgs is playing the Dawgs in Athens on Saturday and the dream is likely to end.

I gotta tell ya, after enduring some of the worst seasons imaginable, I am really proud of this team, full of fight they are.

Best part is beating the Horns and Aggies is going to bring some recruiting gold.

I think Sark going to get Texas going. Jimbo Fisher is overrated. Be intresting when hogs met Dawgs.

MizzouCowboy4

Reaction score

Odom would be wise to jump after this year to a head coaching gig if it comes up. Not sure it will, but he's greatly improved that defense. Think he'd do okay in a program like VT, UVA or NC state. Not saying those jobs will be open but that level. He can get area/region 3 star kids and win 65-70% of games in a league like that. The Missouri job while his dream job proved too much (SEC factor) as a first time head coach and think it was added pressure for him as a alum. He may realize a big time D-Coordinator job is the right place for him and make a good living and not have the demands of a HC.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Odom would be wise to jump after this year to a head coaching gig if it comes up. Not sure it will, but he's greatly improved that defense. Think he'd do okay in a program like VT, UVA or NC state. Not saying those jobs will be open but that level. He can get area/region 3 star kids and win 65-70% of games in a league like that. The Missouri job while his dream job proved too much (SEC factor) as a first time head coach and think it was added pressure for him as a alum. He may realize a big time D-Coordinator job is the right place for him and make a good living and not have the demands of a HC.
He has a lot of light shining on him right now and has shown he can field a competitive defense without a bunch of 4 and 5 stars and I think that puts him up there on the coaches list.

AR is not known for paying coaches a lot but with the season they might have, they could make it worth his while to stay.

Yesterday snapped a 9 game win streak A&M had and the Hogs gave the Dawgs all they wanted last season but that was not in Athens. They can lose but they need to keep it competitive.

But there's one thing about Pittman, he won't let his players think UGA is better, they're scrappy as any team and won't back down from any team, including UGA and Bama.

Pittman is an interesting hire as he wasn't really on the radar until a bunch of ex players contacted the AD about Pittman when he was their OLC. They all had the same thing to say about him, "he will get the most out of every player".

He's got his work cut out for him with that TE. Yesterday he had a penalty, dropped pass and wasn't in the game when he was supposed to be on the punting team and they had to use a TO....... all in a row. Not sure I've ever seen that before.

They should give UGA a good game and their D reminds me of the Cowboys in 92-93, swarm to the ball only they call it "race to the ball". They are fun to watch play D in the era of the O.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How many RB's did Ark use, what 12?
I can't keep count but they ran for 334 against Texas and didn't have a 100 yard rusher.

The real pizazz of that team is their QB Jefferson and Birks, their WR1, and that defense.

RaZon

Reaction score
I can't keep count but they ran for 334 against Texas and didn't have a 100 yard rusher.

The real pizazz of that team is their QB Jefferson and Birks, their WR1, and that defense.

Really looking forward to Arkanssa vs Georgia and that will be 9am west coast time, breakfast and football, cool. Yep, love that QB.