Go Venus!!!

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Won her semi 7-6; 6-1

Whether she wins it all, I think it's great she put herself in contention. I can't wait to watch the recap.

From what I read, even tho the first set was close, Venus just badly outplayed Sharapova. Which is not what you expect from a defending champion.

Props to her.

Don't know how many of you are into tennis, but that's ok I just wanted to share.

Hoov

Reaction score
WG i love to watch womens tennis, dont really know the names of most of the grils though. But man they really go at it, plus those skimpy outfits and the way they groan when they hit the ball.....Wow....it is the only sport that can keep my attention, other than pro football. I was just watching in the break room at work.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hoov said:
WG i love to watch womens tennis, dont really know the names of most of the grils though. But man they really go at it, plus those skimpy outfits and the way they groan when they hit the ball.....Wow....it is the only sport that can keep my attention, other than pro football. I was just watching in the break room at work.
The women do play pretty hard. Funny thing is I was listening to the radio a couple weeks ago and they were talking about implementing some sort of grunt rule, cuz some of the ladies were getting too loud. :D

I actually like men's tennis, but it's rare I find it as intense as the women's game. Altho I did like the men's olympic tennis matches. Those were intense. Plus I liked the crowd factor.

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
It's about time Venus came around, she hasn't been in the winners circle in quite some time. Hopefully she wins it all and kick starts a series of wins. Personally, I think womens tennis is far more entertaining to watch than the mens. Seems like the men just want to absolutely murder the ball nowadays, instead of picking spots.

Hoov

Reaction score
Seriously though, i do like watching the womens tennis matchups, they play with intensity. i dont follow enough to know when all thematchups are and who's who, but when i am watching tv (which is rare) and i come across womens tennis, i'll stop and watch, and i do enjoy it.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hoov said:
Seriously though, i do like watching the womens tennis matchups, they play with intensity. i dont follow enough to know when all thematchups are and who's who, but when i am watching tv (which is rare) and i come across womens tennis, i'll stop and watch, and i do enjoy it.
That's kinda how I am with men's tennis. I keep up enuff to know who are supposed to be top draws, but not very closely.

I'm just glad Venus really is doing her thing now. She hasn't played well in a long time and injuries really put her career on pause. Whatever the outcome of this match, hopefully she can sustain this run to other matches.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mucho Props to Venus for winning it all. That was an awesome match and should go down as one of the greatest women's tennis matches of all times.

Davenport was just as great. It's bad that one of them had to lose, cuz the match was just that great. Davenport was hurt, but still didn't play like an underdog. She won games even when I thought it was over.

Awesome awesome match.