God, they obsess over us...

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
WOW....

http://extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112242

Which team has the upper advantage with each starting player? I'm basing these starters from both teams depth charts.

OFFENSE

QB: Ramsey vs Bledsoe - I'd say a tie just because if you flip flop them around (with Bledsoe on the Skins, Ramsey on the Cowboys, you could get the same results)

HB: Portis vs Jones - We have the advantage here. No doubt about it. Jones may be an up and coming player, but who wouldn't want Portis?

FB/H-Back: Cooley vs Polite - Polite, WHO? Next position!

TE: Royal vs Witten - Not even a challenge. Dallas by a mile.

WRs: Moss/Patten vs Johnson/Glenn - Another tie. Moss and Johnson can both make game breaking plays. Patten and Glenn are both above average.

OTs: Samuels/Jansen vs Adams/Petitti - I think we have the better advantage here. Samuels and Adams may be close, but Jansen is just way more superior than Petitti.

OGs: Dockery/Thomas vs Allen/Rivera - Cowboys, only because both Allen and Rivera have been proven to be efficient guards before. Thomas is solid but Dockery can struggle at times.

C: Rabach vs Johnson - I don't know much about Johnson, but all I can say is that Rabach is a very good center (much better than Raymer) and is quite an improvement.

DEFENSE

DEs: Wynn/Daniels vs Ellis/Coleman - Tie. Wynn and Daniels combined may equal Ellis' performance, but Coleman isn't that much better.

DTs: Griffin/Salave'a vs Ferguson/Glover - You can't really compare this because of the Cowboys' 3-4 defense, but if Ferguson and Glover are combined, they are a far better pair than Griffin and Salave'a.

OLBs: Washington/Arrington vs Ware/Singleton - I know a lot of Dallas fans may be hyped about Ware, but you can't deny that the combination of Washington and Arrington is deadly.

MLBs: Marshall/Holdman vs James/Nguyen - Like with the DTs, this isn't really fair to compare. I'd say the Cowboys' situation and depth at MLB is better than ours though.

CBs: Springs/Rogers vs Newman/Henry - As of right now, Rogers isn't starting yet but even with that to note, he hasn't proven anything. I don't think my perception of this will change even with Harris going in for Rogers. Dallas upgraded their secondary (at least cornerbacks) in the offeason and there's no doubt about Newman and Henry being a better pair.

FS: Taylor vs Davis - Do I really need to explain this one?

SS: Williams vs Bowen - Let's flip the "Do I really need to explain this one?" to Dallas' side.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreed. As far as many Commander fans are concerned, the success of their season hangs strictly on beating the Cowboys--regardless of their overall record. Their attention should be focused more on beating the Eagles twice, not Dallas.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
They had a thread a while back where at least half of them said theyd rather beat us twice and miss the playoffs than lose twice and make the playoffs. Pathetic

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
Their obsession's gonna hit them smack dab in da mouth come the second MNF...

Gordon

Reaction score
The comparison really don't work considering we run different offense and defenses pretty much. Polite will rarely be on the field. Considering Cooley is pretty much a TE, it'd be more fair to do Royal/Cooley vs. Witten/Campbell, which isn't even close.

I wouldn't call WRs a tie, ours are better, and Ramsey = Bledsoe is laughable, which I'm happy to see a couple Commander fans agreed with in that thread from reading only the first page.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Who wouldn't want Portis?

How about his college coach (Butch Davis) and the coach who drafted him (Mike Shanahan).

Butch likes everybody, especially his own guys, yet he chose a headcase like William Green over Portis.

And it didn't take Shanahan long to see what a disruption he is.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HeavyHitta31 said:
They had a thread a while back where at least half of them said theyd rather beat us twice and miss the playoffs than lose twice and make the playoffs. Pathetic
Hate is too strong a word. I despise the Commanders, but football is football. If I had their attitude, I would have hated the fact that Dallas lost both games to Washington in '95, but won the Super Bowl.

Commander fans. Ya gotta luv 'em. :banghead:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought the observations were objective enough. Even admitting he doesn't know much about some of the players being compared.

It's no more than what we do here when comparing ourselves to the Eagles. The skins aspire to be on our level. We aspire to be on and surpass the Eagles level.

roughneck266

Reaction score
I agree with alot of it. The Bledsoe/ Ramsey comparison is friggin hilarious! Ramsey has done nothing nut lay on his back! Bledsoe is what Ramsey ASPIRES to be!

Grizz

Blogging The Boys
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
They had a thread a while back where at least half of them said theyd rather beat us twice and miss the playoffs than lose twice and make the playoffs.

This isn't a choice, it's an no solution conundrum because both equations are impossible. They won't beat us twice and they won't make the playoffs so neither condition can be satisfied.

In simpler terms, they stink.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WoodysGirl said:
I thought the observations were objective enough. Even admitting he doesn't know much about some of the players being compared.

It's no more than what we do here when comparing ourselves to the Eagles. The skins aspire to be on our level. We aspire to be on and surpass the Eagles level.
But, if you aspire to be the best, should you not try to compare yourself only to the best? Pending the results of this season, Washington fans know that the Eagles are the class of the division and the conference. Yet, they still worry most about us. I don't get it.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DallasEast said:
But, if you aspire to be the best, should you not try to compare yourself only to the best? Pending the results of this season, Washington fans know that the Eagles are the class of the division and the conference. Yet, they still worry most about us. I don't get it.
I can agree with that. But for the skins, the Eagles have probably been so far out of reach that the Cowboys are the only team they feel like they compare to. Even though we've beaten them over and over in any number of ways; they feel like that in many of the losses they were close enuff to beat us. And more than likely, for them, maybe they feel the only way to get over the hump to get to the eagles is to beat Dallas.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WoodysGirl said:
I can agree with that. But for the skins, the Eagles have probably been so far out of reach that the Cowboys are the only team they feel like they compare to. Even though we've beaten them over and over in any number of ways; they feel like that in many of the losses they were close enuff to beat us. And more than likely, for them, maybe they feel the only way to get over the hump to get to the eagles is to beat Dallas.
Well, good luck to them because they're in our rearview mirror. They'll need a police officer to stop us from speeding for them to catch up with us. :p:

blindzebra

Reaction score
Gotta love the irony of title of this thread considering someone has been hanging out there, reading their forum, and taking the time to start a thread about them. :D

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Gotta love the irony of title of this thread considering someone has been hanging out there, reading their forum, and taking the time to start a thread about them. :D

They are always good for a cheap laugh

dwmyers

Reaction score
The problem with Offense versus Offense and Defense versus Defense comparisons is that you're comparing the wrong things. Our offense doesn't play theirs, our defense does. Further, they're just comparing nominal starters. On the defensive line at least, we'll be using a rotation. Finally, this kind of comparison is just a raw talent comparison, and not about quality of fit and understanding of the scheme (or, for that matter, the caliber of the coaches).

David.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dwmyers said:
The problem with Offense versus Offense and Defense versus Defense comparisons is that you're comparing the wrong things. Our offense doesn't play theirs, our defense does. Further, they're just comparing nominal starters. On the defensive line at least, we'll be using a rotation. Finally, this kind of comparison is just a raw talent comparison, and not about quality of fit and understanding of the scheme (or, for that matter, the caliber of the coaches).
Excellent points.