Video: Godzilla Dust Cloud

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
(Reuters) - A massive plume of dust whipped up from the Sahara desert will hover over the U.S. Southeast this weekend, forecasters say, shrouding the region in a brown haze and raising more health concerns in states where the coronavirus crisis is worsening.

The 3,500-mile-long (5,600 km) cloud, dubbed the "Godzilla dust cloud," traveled 5,000 miles (8,047 km) from North Africa before reaching the region stretching from Florida west into Texas and north into North Carolina through Arkansas, the National Weather Service (NWS) said.

aria

Reaction score
I remember living in Austin ~20 years ago and there were large uncontrolled forest fires in Mexico that caused a permanent haze over Austin (and several other cities) for months. It sucked, started making me feel kinda claustrophobic. It even happened more recently, even as far north as Dallas, but it was to a lesser extent and didn’t last as long.

InTheZone

Reaction score
when the world is about the end I wonder how the news can hype it up beyond what we're used to at this point

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Sahara dust cloud was a disappointment for me. I was all hyped too. I wanted to run outside when it was at its thickest and yell, "GODZILLA!!! GODZILLA!!! GOD *COUGH*GAG* ZILLA!!!"