Going for the Whole Draft. No videos,No Trades

timb2

Reaction score
I fully understand the need finding a future tackle, but I don't even think Carmen is one on the next level, more of an interior player that fits a power scheme. With all the talent available, this pick makes little sense.
It makes all the sense. You have guys like Zack Martin blasting holes for Elliott. Carman is a load and a Mountain of a Man to get around. Cowboys are not a finesse team. We are break you down with our run game type of team Parcels had it right when he was here. We had Flozell Adams,Larry Allen,Andre Gurode,Leonard Davis,and Marc Columbo for a Oline. Jimmie Johnson had the same thing .

JBS

Reaction score
I fully understand the need finding a future tackle, but I don't even think Carmen is one on the next level, more of an interior player that fits a power scheme. With all the talent available, this pick makes little sense.

I'm with you entirely...I'll take every player you mentioned in your previous post over this guy

Bigdog

Reaction score
Appreciate the effort and the mock. As always a good job but the only picks I like are Surtain and Slaton. That is just my opinion. Keep up the mocks.

timb2

Reaction score
I think fans would tear the stadium down if they took Carman over Grant, Bolton, McNeil, Browning, etc.
The four guys you mentioned

Why not Ritchie Grant?
I like Ritchie Grant,but something got as a red flag in my mind on him. Nothing bad. Grant is gifted,smart ,intelligent. In fact so smart he is majoring to be a Medical Doctor. Which is great,but is he going to want to be a Pro Football player knocking his head in to get CTE ,overcoming a nagging knee or shoulder injury playing ten years in the NFL or do a safer profession? Reminds me a few years ago of Myron Rolle Safety Florida State. Studying to be a Nuero- Surgeon. Rolle wasn't as talented, but the same outcome. Get drafted in the pros use the money to get out of college debt and become a doctor instead of getting your head knocked in.

Alim McNeil- A lot of guys are high on him,but he looks short with short arms. I have only seen a few of his highlights and need to see more. I think he will struggle with leverage issues vs bigger guys.

Baron Browning- Not a bad player,but is there much difference between Baron Browing vs Cameron Goode who I drafted in the 4th? It's about the same.

Nick Bolton- Small Linebacker,will have trouble holding ground. Think how Dat Nguyen played for us. Some of you liked Dat Nguyen, but Nguyen constantly was a ankle biter, he couldn't hold ground for nothing ,bigger runningbacks would steamroll him. Bolton has some big pops,but that's gonna catch up with him physically . You think some of these TEs that are pushing 260- 270 lbs are going to worry about this Gnat or just truck him?

Last edited:

timb2

Reaction score
Alim McNeil(6-2,320) vs Tedarrell Slayton(6-5,345) They're stats are pretty well the same. For me it comes down to one thing. " SIZE DOES MATTER". McNeil is listed at 6-2 which really means he is 6'1". McNeil constantly played over Centers who had comparable height and reach. But they are some big Centers guys like Travis Fredrick's size who have a reach advantage and are big boys also in the league . Reach where this guy gets his hands on you and moves you at will because you can't reach him.

timb2

Reaction score
I'm with you entirely...I'll take every player you mentioned in your previous post over this guy
So when do you get a Left Tackle that can start? By the 3rd round the best Left Tackles are long gone. Don't count on Tyron Smith coming back playing a
Full season. Tyron Smith hasn't played a full season since 2015 . You need a Left Tackle at some point and he most likely starts Day 1 next season. Cameron Erving is a bum and Brandon Knight is better suited for OG and elite pass rushers can get by him

Last edited:

Cowboyny

Reaction score
It makes all the sense. You have guys like Zack Martin blasting holes for Elliott. Carman is a load and a Mountain of a Man to get around. Cowboys are not a finesse team. We are break you down with our run game type of team Parcels had it right when he was here. We had Flozell Adams,Larry Allen,Andre Gurode,Leonard Davis,and Marc Columbo for a Oline. Jimmie Johnson had the same thing .

Why not Ritchie Grant?
I like Ritchie Grant,but something got as a red flag in my mind on him. Nothing bad. Grant is gifted,smart ,intelligent. In fact so smart he is majoring to be a Medical Doctor. Which is great,but is he going to want to be a Pro Football player knocking his head in to get CTE ,overcoming a nagging knee or shoulder injury playing ten years in the NFL or do a safer profession? Reminds me a few years ago of Myron Rolle Safety Florida State. Studying to be a Nuero- Surgeon. Rolle wasn't as talented, but the same outcome. Get drafted in the pros use the money to get out of college debt and become a doctor instead of getting your head knocked in.

Alim McNeil- A lot of guys are high on him,but he looks short with short arms. I have only seen a few of his highlights and need to see more. I think he will struggle with leverage issues vs bigger guys.

Baron Browning- Not a bad player,but is there much difference between Baron Browing vs Cameron Goode who I drafted in the 4th? It's about the same.

Nick Bolton- Small Linebacker,will have trouble holding ground. Think how Dat Nguyen played for us. Some of you liked Dat Nguyen, but Nguyen constantly was a ankle biter, he couldn't hold ground for nothing ,bigger runningbacks would steamroll him. Bolton has some big pops,but that's gonna catch up with him physically . You think some of these TEs that are pushing 260- 270 lbs are going to worry about this Gnat or just truck him?

Big assumption about Grant.

timb2

Reaction score
Big assumption about Grant.
When he starts getting injuries that require surgery,basically look at Tyron Smith back surgery,neck surgery,has been banged up knee injuries,ankles,and who knows of CTE or you can make good money after your first contract is over in 4 years as a doctor and save your body, the hell.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
When he starts getting injuries that require surgery,basically look at Tyron Smith back surgery,neck surgery,has been banged up knee injuries,ankles,and who knows of CTE or you can make good money after your first contract is over in 4 years as a doctor and save your body, the hell.
Just stop it! You get yourself in trouble making assumptions, just cause the player studied medicine.

timb2

Reaction score
Just stop it! You get yourself in trouble making assumptions, just cause the player studied medicine.
I know the answer, just like Myron Rolle when he came out. I said he won't be in the Pros for long . Remember that Linebacker for the 49ers Chris Borland? Retired after playing one season after got his signing bonus. Look at Travis Fredrick just upped and retired. Some of these players see older players like Earl Campbell who can barely move and losing it in his head. Bernie Kosar with early Dementia most likely from CTE.. Brian DeMarco who struggles to just get into a wheelchair from physical toll . If you could make good money in another profession instead of being crippled by 50 from years of physical punishment from football . Then we can talk of guys like Tony Mandaric with steroids and painkiller addiction..

...I like Ritchie Grant,but think what the future holds. Do you think Grant will risk after his first contract being like safeties like Dave Duerson or Andre Waters that CTE made their minds mush? If I had a Degree in Medicine I'm not risking my future so I can drool in my oatmeal by 50

Last edited:

warroom

Reaction score

Why not Ritchie Grant?

One big big difference between Baron Browning and Cameron Goode - Goode isn't in the draft.

https://www.si.com/college/cal/news/goode-drayden-return-for-2021

warroom

Reaction score
What don't you like about Davis Mills? I don't see him in our mock. I'm hoping we can get him with a 3rd. Jackson Carman is an inspired pick.