Going to the Strategic Air Command Museum on 9/11/22

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
My brother will be in town on that day. Yep, same guy who occasionally posts here as JayBird777. Will be visiting the Strategic Air Command & Aerospace Museum in Ashland, Nebraska. It's an awesome museum any day of the week. It's got various airplanes and space capsules from history. However, this will be an extra special day, since there will be a ceremony honoring the people who lost their lives on 9/11/01. So I'll be honoring our country with my brother on that day.

We'll have to avoid learning anything about the game and will watch it later.

One cool fact about the museum: Every airplane in there is an Air Force plane, with one exception. They also have a Soviet Mig fighter plane. I have no idea how they managed to get that. Maybe I'll ask. Another interesting fact about the Omaha, Nebraska area: This is where a lot of B-29 bombers for World War II were built, including the Enola Gay and Boxcar ones designed specifically for the A-bomb.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
My brother will be in town on that day. Yep, same guy who occasionally posts here as JayBird777. Will be visiting the Strategic Air Command & Aerospace Museum in Ashland, Nebraska. It's an awesome museum any day of the week. It's got various airplanes and space capsules from history. However, this will be an extra special day, since there will be a ceremony honoring the people who lost their lives on 9/11/01. So I'll be honoring our country with my brother on that day.

We'll have to avoid learning anything about the game and will watch it later.

One cool fact about the museum: Every airplane in there is an Air Force plane, with one exception. They also have a Soviet Mig fighter plane. I have no idea how they managed to get that. Maybe I'll ask. Another interesting fact about the Omaha, Nebraska area: This is where a lot of B-29 bombers for World War II were built, including the Enola Gay and Boxcar ones designed specifically for the A-bomb.

That’s cool to hear. I had no idea there was a museum for that in Nebraska. Don’t know if I would miss the opening game for it, but definitely would take time to check that out if I’m ever in the area. Had an uncle who was a General in the Strategic Air Command. I enjoyed talking to him, at least what he could talk about. ;)

Creeper

Reaction score
I went to the website. They have quite a collection of military jets. Sounds like a great place to spend a day or two.