Gomer Pyle strikes again!!!

thor_01

Reaction score
I just came to the rare realization, no matter how bad I want Romo to be
Roger Staubach or Troy Aikman, he is simply Danny White and nothing more.
He is able to set team records for stats, he is able to win regular season games against lesser or equal opponents, but he can not nor ever will he win the big games, he lacks the intangible to do that whatever it is.

He is gonna be here a while, he is good enough to keep his job, but he will never take this team any higher than it has already been with him, not his fault he just doesn't have that little extra gene that makes you a champion.

So sit back and enjoy the ride, cause he will win more than he loses, he will always keep them in the hunt, he will set records and make you believe this is the year from time to time, but he will never catch the fox, it is just not in this hound to finish the job.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
cant you just add this to one of the other fifty threads about how romo is a bus driver and cant win?

How many posters does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

1fisher

Reaction score
theebs;2473194 said:
cant you just add this to one of the other fifty threads about how romo is a bus driver and cant win?

How many posters does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

psst... if we don't open them they will die... ;) :D

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Well, I don't think I'll get into the Romo is White discussion...but I'll say this about White...I don't think he was a choke artist like Craig Morton...or Dandy Don...I just think that White didn't necessarily elevate his performance to Staubach status in big games...I don't think White LOST games the way Morton and Meredith did...I just don't think he stepped up and won them...(although his game vs Atlanta is legendary)

Aven8

Reaction score
Man this is getting old. How have the other QB's done against this defense???

Doomsday101

Reaction score
And if he wins you will talk about eating crow. Please Romo has the talent to win and win big

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Danny White went 5-5 in the playoffs, 6-5 if you give him the Falcons game he helped save in '78.

At this point, it belittles Danny White's career to compare Romo to him.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2473209 said:
And if he wins you will talk about eating crow. Please Romo has the talent to win and win big
I don't think anyone disputes that he has the talent.

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
Why do you guys keep disrespecting Danny White. He took us to 3 straight NFC Championships, Romo hasn't won a playoff game yet. You guys act as if Danny White lost all 3 of those games by himself. Last I check this isn't golf, its a team sport. Go look at his stats in those games, know your history.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Goldenrichards83;2473217 said:
Why do you guys keep disrespecting Danny White. He took us to 3 straight NFC Championships, Romo hasn't won a playoff game yet. You guys act as if Danny White lost all 3 of those games by himself. Last I check this isn't golf, its a team sport. Go look at his stats in those games, know your history.

:hammer:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Double Trouble;2473213 said:
I don't think anyone disputes that he has the talent.

Yet cast him as one who can't win the big one after seeing him play all these years? I guess I have listened to so many so called experts over the years be it the ones who said Manning (both Eli and Peyton) could not win the big ones or Elway choke jobs in the SB could not get over the hump only to be proven wrong yet some are throwing this lable on Romo after what 2 years? Give me a break or go get a clue

thor_01

Reaction score
None have done real well against their defense, but the point is that championship qb's play like champions in the big games, they elivate their game not deflate it, they step up not maintain the status quo, and when they have their opponent down they know how to finish, the Gomer Pyle routine is long past got old, throwing and interception that costs you the game isn't Awww shucks time nor does that attitude instill anything in the team your supposed to be leading other than an oh well attitude.

SacredStar

Reaction score
It seems that every game Dallas loses is a big game. What, doesn't the games they win also fall into the "big game" category?

Yesterday was important, but it didn't end the season.

Some here act as if the only reason Dallas has trouble is solely because of Romo.

That just is not the case.

The blame of every loss is spread to the entire team, just as the praise of every win is a team achievement.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2473230 said:
Yet cast him as one who can't win the big one after seeing him play all these years? I guess I have listened to so many so called experts over the years be it the ones who said Manning (both Eli and Peyton) could not win the big ones or Elway choke jobs in the SB could not get over the hump only to be proven wrong yet some are throwing this lable on Romo after what 2 years? Give me a break or go get a clue
Peyton was hardly futile. He won some playoff games. He just wasn't able to get past a better NE team.

Elway choke jobs? :lmao2: Elway was the only reason those teams ever got anywhere. There are few if any QBs who carried their teams the way Elway did when he got the Broncos to the SB, where they were totally overmatched in almost every phase of the game. Horrible comparison. No team outguns Dallas the way the NYG or 49ers did the Broncos in those days.

Eli is a little closer fit.

Yesterday was just a continuation of what we've seen from Romo for 3 seasons now. He's money up until December, then he chokes. Pretend that isn't the case but he is. He's also 28 years old, and has been with the team for 6 years. He's not a 25 yr old in his 3rd season. He should be in the prime of his career right now.

You want to use Eli as an example, and I hope you're right. Eli is more the exception to the rule than the rule.

1fisher

Reaction score
theebs;2473204 said:
agreed...

wait I did it again...

Me too.... I'm done with this thread (I hope)

any ideas on derailing this thing? :D

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Double Trouble;2473275 said:
Peyton was hardly futile. He won some playoff games. He just wasn't able to get past a better NE team.

Elway choke jobs? :lmao2: Elway was the only reason those teams ever got anywhere. There are few if any QBs who carried their teams the way Elway did when he got the Broncos to the SB, where they were totally overmatched in almost every phase of the game. Horrible comparison. No team outguns Dallas the way the NYG or 49ers did the Broncos in those days.

Eli is a little closer fit.

Yesterday was just a continuation of what we've seen from Romo for 3 seasons now. He's money up until December, then he chokes. Pretend that isn't the case but he is. He's also 28 years old, and has been with the team for 6 years. He's not a 25 yr old in his 3rd season. He should be in the prime of his career right now.

You want to use Eli as an example, and I hope you're right. Eli is more the exception to the rule than the rule.

The point is people are always quick to label a player of what they will do in their career. This season will mark 2 1/2 years as a starter and the season is not yet over. As for Elway yes he got them there and many times played like crap once they made it to the show and was not until they had a running back who could put up 2,000 yards rushing that he ended up winning a SB. I do think Elway and Peyton are great QB's but the critics made statements that ended up being dead wrong.

thor_01

Reaction score
no the point is if you have watched 48 years of Dallas Cowboys football its not history like you read about its your past that you lived just like yesterday, and you begin to see not only similarities in play and attitude but future results become a trend, I am not blaming Romo for every loss or mistake no more than I did Danny White, I rooted just as I will for Romo every weekend, but in the end the inevitable truth is some just don't have that championship gene and Gomer Romo apparently didnt inherit one.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
thor_01;2473365 said:
no the point is if you have watched 48 years of Dallas Cowboys football its not history like you read about its your past that you lived just like yesterday, and you begin to see not only similarities in play and attitude but future results become a trend, I am not blaming Romo for every loss or mistake no more than I did Danny White, I rooted just as I will for Romo every weekend, but in the end the inevitable truth is some just don't have that championship gene and Gomer Romo apparently didnt inherit one.

Been watching since 1965, sorry 2 1/2 years as a starting QB does not tell anyone what a player will or will not do over the long haul. As I said Peyton it was said he could not win the big one be it in college or the Pros and the critics were wrong. What has happened in the past has no bearing on the future