Gomer Pyle strikes again!!!

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2473387 said:
Been watching since 1965, sorry 2 1/2 years as a starting QB does not tell anyone what a player will or will not do over the long haul. As I said Peyton it was said he could not win the big one be it in college or the Pros and the critics were wrong. What has happened in the past has no bearing on the future

I agree...but given his propensity for being careless with the way he handles the ball...and his somewhat wreckless nature...aren't ya just starting to get a tiny bit concerned about Romo?

thor_01

Reaction score
if you dont learn from your past, then you can bet the same mistakes are coming in your future, and all history is relevant, but again I am not asking you to agree with me, believe as you will he is the second coming of Unitas for all I care, but it is still my opinion though thrilling and fun to watch for the most part Romo in the end will be just as unsatisfying as a choclate cake with no choclate....................

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
thor_01;2473190 said:
I just came to the rare realization, no matter how bad I want Romo to be
Roger Staubach or Troy Aikman, he is simply Danny White and nothing more.
He is able to set team records for stats, he is able to win regular season games against lesser or equal opponents, but he can not nor ever will he win the big games, he lacks the intangible to do that whatever it is.

He is gonna be here a while, he is good enough to keep his job, but he will never take this team any higher than it has already been with him, not his fault he just doesn't have that little extra gene that makes you a champion.

So sit back and enjoy the ride, cause he will win more than he loses, he will always keep them in the hunt, he will set records and make you believe this is the year from time to time, but he will never catch the fox, it is just not in this hound to finish the job.

it took Manning 9 years to win a superbowl....i fail to see the point in jumping to conclusions.....

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Yeah, yeah, yeah.

And Peyton and Eli were choke artist, run of the mill, QBs who wouldn't ever win the big games after they started out 0-2 in their playoff careers too.

You see how well that worked out for the peanut galleries who were trying their hand at telling the future.

thor_01

Reaction score
I never said Eli and Peyton were anything, never cared one way or another, if they are not on the Cowboys roster I couldnt care less what they do as long as when we play them they graciously lose, therefore though I am familiar with their careers both pro and college as well as their heritage I made no conclusions about them public one war or another nor do I have any now, so your comparison is poor conjecture on your part, nor have I ever sat in a peanut gallery, but I have sat at many a Cowboys game.........

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Juke99;2473401 said:
I agree...but given his propensity for being careless with the way he handles the ball...and his somewhat wreckless nature...aren't ya just starting to get a tiny bit concerned about Romo?

I've likened him to Farve in that way. Favre was talented enough to win several championships, but his propensity for being (not careless) but forcing things is what caused him to only win one Superbowl. (that and the 90s Cowboys)

Romo made some dumb mistakes last night, but all three of his INTs had receiver blame attached to them. TO and Witten didn't complete their routes and TO didn't contest the other one when the defender clearly played the ball perfectly. TO should have at least contested the INT. Instead he just watched it happen. Irvin never did that. Jerry Rice never did that. ME-O does that.

zeromaster

Reaction score
The thing to bear in mind about the Mannings and Elway is they were highly regarded and drafted coming out of college, so there's more invested in terms of time and slack given. While Dallas has invested the money now, it will be interesting to see over the terms of Tony's contract what the slack factor will be.

I think another thing that concerns people here is that had the Super Bowl been yesterday, the Cowboys would not have been the one hoisting a sixth trophy. While the game conditions and point of the season render this a far-fetched analogy, It's still somewhat fair to say that Pittsburgh stands a slightly better chance of achieving this right now.

Fortunately there's three weeks to go in the season and the playoffs to come, but the frustrating thing is that Dallas could have gone a long way toward shutting up the critics by making a couple more first downs and getting a field goal or touchdown when it really mattered, and walking out of there with what would have been a very impressive win.

As it is, the margin for error is gone now. I just hope we don't have to console ourselves with injury allowances and questionable playcalling in a month or so.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Juke99;2473401 said:

I think he needs to do a better job of protecting the ball but I also think he has the ability to bounce back after a bad game. I will also say that while I think some of those passes were on him I also think some where on his WR and TE in not being where they should have been. Romo last int even Witten pointed at himself after the play so was that Romo or Witten?

All in all I felt Romo had a bad day I don't deny that at all he had some balls slip out of his hand and some that were off target the reasons overall do not matter only the results.

I also think there is a fine line for a QB between keeping aggressive and becoming passive I have faith in Romo to do the job and while some claim he lacks leadership or takes his job seriously or lacks mental ability to win the big games I don't I think he can lead this team to a championship

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Goldenrichards83;2473217 said:
Why do you guys keep disrespecting Danny White. He took us to 3 straight NFC Championships, Romo hasn't won a playoff game yet. You guys act as if Danny White lost all 3 of those games by himself. Last I check this isn't golf, its a team sport. Go look at his stats in those games, know your history.

Danny White should have stopped this...

1.jpg

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2473498 said:
I think he needs to do a better job of protecting the ball but I also think he has the ability to bounce back after a bad game. I will also say that while I think some of those passes were on him I also think some where on his WR and TE in not being where they should have been. Romo last int even Witten pointed at himself after the play so was that Romo or Witten?

All in all I felt Romo had a bad day I don't deny that at all he had some balls slip out of his hand and some that were off target the reasons overall do not matter only the results.

I also think there is a fine line for a QB between keeping aggressive and becoming passive I have faith in Romo to do the job and while some claim he lacks leadership or takes his job seriously or lacks mental ability to win the big games I don't I think he can lead this team to a championship

so you too are saying we cant win it all with romo?

they might as well rename this the romosuxzone.

good thing I havent seen anyone call out tony curtis for costing the team a timeout for not being able to lineup right. We could have used that timeout for a challenge that cost us 3 points.

Or you know, the entire group of wr and tight ends for being unable to line up right and not know the plays making the qb have to do their job for them and taking attention away from him identifying players on the defense.

its absurd the way people are treating romo today. he had a bad game, and really he was mostly bad on the side of the field we finished on, the side by the way that only yielded 3 points to either team. Throwing into the wind in freezing cold temperatures and a ferocious pass rush usually makes all qbs play poorly.

but not ours. Apparently he just sucks.

What a bunch of bandwagon hoppers we have here.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
theebs;2473611 said:
so you too are saying we cant win it all with romo?

they might as well rename this the romosuxzone.

good thing I havent seen anyone call out tony curtis for costing the team a timeout for not being able to lineup right. We could have used that timeout for a challenge that cost us 3 points.

Or you know, the entire group of wr and tight ends for being unable to line up right and not know the plays making the qb have to do their job for them and taking attention away from him identifying players on the defense.

its absurd the way people are treating romo today. he had a bad game, and really he was mostly bad on the side of the field we finished on, the side by the way that only yielded 3 points to either team. Throwing into the wind in freezing cold temperatures and a ferocious pass rush usually makes all qbs play poorly.

but not ours. Apparently he just sucks.

What a bunch of bandwagon hoppers we have here.

Evidently you did not read my post. I feel Romo can lead this team to a championship

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2473498 said:

Doomsday101;2473622 said:
Evidently you did not read my post. I feel Romo can lead this team to a championship

well if I did, that makes sense because I am an idiot. I just thought you were saying you like romo, but you dont think we can win a championship with him.

Venger

Reaction score
Romo has one glaring problem - taking care of the ball. I'd almost live with the picks if I could avoid the constant fumbling. Guy puts the ball on the ground more than the center does. No reason to think we were going to win the game without that last INT, but it sure made it unlikely. The loss was due to many factors, but a glaring problem week in, week out, is Romo gifting the ball.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
theebs;2473628 said:
well if I did, that makes sense because I am an idiot. I just thought you were saying you like romo, but you dont think we can win a championship with him.

"I have faith in Romo to do the job and while some claim he lacks leadership or takes his job seriously or lacks mental ability to win the big games I don't, I think he can lead this team to a championship.

Did the comma help. Some claim he lacks the leadership and so forth I don't think that is the case I think he can lead us to a championship. Is that better?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2473639 said:
"I have faith in Romo to do the job and while some claim he lacks leadership or takes his job seriously or lacks mental ability to win the big games I don't, I think he can lead this team to a championship.

Did the comma help. Some claim he lacks the leadership and so forth I don't think that is the case I think he can lead us to a championship. Is that better?

Told you I am an idiot.

TOOMBS

Reaction score
thor_01;2473190 said:
I just came to the rare realization, no matter how bad I want Romo to be
Roger Staubach or Troy Aikman, he is simply Danny White and nothing more.
He is able to set team records for stats, he is able to win regular season games against lesser or equal opponents, but he can not nor ever will he win the big games, he lacks the intangible to do that whatever it is.

He is gonna be here a while, he is good enough to keep his job, but he will never take this team any higher than it has already been with him, not his fault he just doesn't have that little extra gene that makes you a champion.

So sit back and enjoy the ride, cause he will win more than he loses, he will always keep them in the hunt, he will set records and make you believe this is the year from time to time, but he will never catch the fox, it is just not in this hound to finish the job.

Tr1 has made the exact same comparison about Romo and White, and actually called Romo, Gomer Pyle....... and your name is Thor_01

wonder if your IP addy is from Annapolis, MD.

lcharles

Negativity King
Reaction score
I wish he was Danny White, at least our punts would be better. :(

Aven8

Reaction score
"I had an option route. I made a break and slipped," Witten said. "It was completely on me. I told the offense. It’s the little things that matter. You feel horrible because you feel accountable and you feel like you’re a [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Pro [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Bowl[/FONT][/FONT] player. You get a chance to put the team on your back like all the other play makers in this room you want the ball in your hands and you slip."

thor_01

Reaction score
TOOMBS;2473670 said:
Tr1 has made the exact same comparison about Romo and White, and actually called Romo, Gomer Pyle....... and your name is Thor_01

wonder if your IP addy is from Annapolis, MD.

I dont know nor do I care who you are trying to compare me to, however, In answer to your query my addy is and always has been Texas

as I have been a member of this board longer than you have, by almost 2 years, I would imagine you can find some to anwer you query if it is legit and find that I am by no means whatever its name is