Gonna do some Raspberry Pi Projects

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I'm intrigued by those mini computers, the Raspberry Pis. I've seen a lot of cool projects people have done with RPs. I plan to:

1. Create a Kodi TV box/music collection player
2. Create a networked hard drove or NAS
I might also make the TV box able to play vintage video games like Atari ones. It's intriguing how much cool stuff someone can do with such a tiny little computer. I found one video where they made a vintage 80s era Macintosh running System 6. That's not something that I would need, but I thought it was ingenious.

I don't desperately need the Kodi TV box either because I've got a Roku already that can run Plex, and I stream plenty of stuff over from my Linux Mint PC, but it would be cool to build my own box and take advantage of some Kodi features that Plex doesn't have. Then there's the Clementine or Amarok music player that would be cool to have.

There a zillion online guides for setting up RP projects. And the little computer doesn't cost that much. There are also a lot of different kinds of cases you can get. I'll let you know how my Kodi box and my NAS box turn out.