Gonna go ahead and say it. We are Super Bowl bound

Status
Not open for further replies.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Let's tap the brakes a little with this whole Super Bowl thing. While I would love nothing better than to see us in the Super Bowl, let's first witness a few regular season games and gauge from there!! I do, however, like your enthusiasm!!

Zman5

Reaction score
Floaty right before making this post...

Best-Way-To-Smoke-Weed_6.gif

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Im in.
I see development and a step forward with Armstrong, Carter, Anae,, still looking for Golstons name, got a couple to go before it gets real.
Just saying that we have some possible designated PRs stepping up at the right time, and its going to be hard to make a cut there, Quinn loves those guys, guaranteed value to this defense, and all fit the profile that he needs.
Wouldnt surprise me if Golston is being hidden on purpose and stashed on PS.

No way I'm exposing Golston to waivers....He'd get snatched up a minute. :popcorn:

MikeB80

Reaction score
I am really curious as to what was good about the defense? The pressure? That is pretty common in preseason games. Teams are not prepared to block anything more than basic defensive looks so if you bring extra pressure it should give teams, any teams trouble in the preseason.

the other element is players winning one on one matchups and getting home. Time and time again we have seen players perform at high levels because of these one on one matchups. They almost never result in success in the regular season.

junior glymph could not be blocked that one year in wades scheme in the summer. Jamaica Rector looked like he was going to replace Patrick crayton as the third wr in the summer of 06. It just doesn’t translate most of the time.

sometimes it does to be fair though. Ware came out of the gates like a man among boys in 05 and then played that way for a decade. Romo looked the part in the summer of 05 and 06 and then ended up being a great player here.

I think when everything is said and done this year the league will not look much different when we get to championship weekend. Tampa and Kansas City have the coaching staffs and the players to be excellent. Buffalo, Baltimore, Green Bay, LA Rams are a notch below because they all have one flaw they have to overcome.

I just don’t see much change in the nfl landscape going into this season. That will all change weekly based on injuries I guess however.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
How many others teams have a chance , in your opinion?

Tampa Bay has a chance to repeat.....The teams I got making the playoffs..

E- Dallas
W- Arizona
N- Minnesota
S- Tampa Bay

Wildcards....SF, Carolina

Close....

Rams....they need a RB
GB.....implodes...Rodgers exits
N.O....No Brees...No playoffs

bigE79

Reaction score
After watching last nights loss to the Cardinals...I came away convinced we are the team to beat in the NFC.

Why?

Defensive pressure....

If teams are gonna live in the spread/shotgun offense...and we rush 5 or 6 guys like we did all night long last night....

We are gonna be a hand full to deal with.

And to think we didn't even have our starters going....

Seriously....I'm buying in now.

If you look @ this team...the majority of our guys are hitting their prime....right now.

Breaking down position by position...we have as much talent as anyone in the league.

The only thing I see keeping us from getting to the top is bad coaching and/or injury.

Injuries happen...

But right now...on the coaching front....Kellen has the weapons....and I think we have enough depth on the O-line to keep things from happening like they did last season....

Defensively....Adding Dan Quinn's aggressiveness is gonna be huge.

It looks like getting after the QB isn't just going to be lip service this year. We got some dudes this year...

And we haven't even seen D-Law and Gregory yet....

It just feels like we are so much deeper on defense than years past....and we are finally phasing out the guys that teams used to target....

Anthony Brown
Jaylon
Lee
Crawford
Thompson

Still a little worried about special teams....if we can find someone to return kicks...and if Zuerlein will be healthy....but for now....I'm buying into what direction we are headed as a team.

It's been a long time since I could say with confidence...I feel like we can compete with anybody...and mean it.

I just feel like our time is now...and for whatever comes our way Jerry needs to push all in to make it happen now. If injuries hit...so be it....push through it. Make the moves necessary to go all the way. We have the talent now...now all we need is the commitment to see it through...
Lee and Crawford weren't fazed out,they retired.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I am really curious as to what was good about the defense? The pressure? That is pretty common in preseason games. Teams are not prepared to block anything more than basic defensive looks so if you bring extra pressure it should give teams, any teams trouble in the preseason.

the other element is players winning one on one matchups and getting home. Time and time again we have seen players perform at high levels because of these one on one matchups. They almost never result in success in the regular season.

junior glymph could not be blocked that one year in wades scheme in the summer. Jamaica Rector looked like he was going to replace Patrick crayton as the third wr in the summer of 06. It just doesn’t translate most of the time.

sometimes it does to be fair though. Ware came out of the gates like a man among boys in 05 and then played that way for a decade. Romo looked the part in the summer of 05 and 06 and then ended up being a great player here.

I think when everything is said and done this year the league will not look much different when we get to championship weekend. Tampa and Kansas City have the coaching staffs and the players to be excellent. Buffalo, Baltimore, Green Bay, LA Rams are a notch below because they all have one flaw they have to overcome.

I just don’t see much change in the nfl landscape going into this season. That will all change weekly based on injuries I guess however.

Yup...The pressure....haven't seen a defensive coordinator that was willing to blitz as often as Quinn....and stay with it.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Tampa Bay has a chance to repeat.....The teams I got making the playoffs..

E- Dallas
W- Arizona
N- Minnesota
S- Tampa Bay

Wildcards....SF, Carolina

Close....

Rams....they need a RB
GB.....implodes...Rodgers exits
N.O....No Brees...No playoffs

As far as the saints go I hope they are terrible. Having said that I think brees was not very good the last two years no matter what the stats say. His arm was shot. I think it was brees that made them easy to game plan for and beat in the playoffs the last two seasons.

If they get decent an play from Winston with his arm that changes their dynamic I think. Big if and I hope they are terrible but I think having a vertical element to that passing game is going to be interesting

Praxit

Reaction score
..me likey. Good to see ya again, Floaty. ;).. In only 2 rookie games, I too see Quinn influence on the defense. I'm feeling good about this group.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Lee and Crawford weren't fazed out,they retired.

Tyrone Crawford said his body is not able to do this anymore. He gave it one last shot last year because he and Lawrence are best friends and his body didn’t hold up at all. Can’t imagine any situation where he would return. I bet he has lost a bunch of weight and is enjoying not being in perpetual physical pain at the moment.

bigE79

Reaction score
Tyrone Crawford said his body is not able to do this anymore. He gave it one last shot last year because he and Lawrence are best friends and his body didn’t hold up at all. Can’t imagine any situation where he would return. I bet he has lost a bunch of weight and is enjoying not being in perpetual physical pain at the moment.
Totally agree,but that wasn't the point of my comment.

Aven8

Reaction score
ST’s will be fine. Dowdle should be the primary kick returner.

Status
Not open for further replies.