Gonna try a different beard dye!

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
When I was asleep, Amber Heard slipped into my apartment and put a potion into my water filtering pitcher. That crap caused my beard to go grey! It's not like I age or anything. My beard has gone mostly grey because of the dirty deeds of that evil woman. See how much she hates me? Anyway, so I started coloring my beard with Just For Men. It's all right. I don't hate it, though I have to use a hack to get it exactly how I want it. I mix their M30 (light brown) together with their M35 (medium brown) to get exactly the shade of brown I want. And I have to do it about once a week.

Whelp, I've decided to try something different. I sent off for this Cleverman beard dye. The math might work out as cheaper than JFM, depending on how many treatments I get from one kit.

Now is the inevitable time where someone urges me to "own your greys" or to be proud of them or whatever. Pffffft! I waited too long to grow a beard. I never saw it in my natural brown color. So I dye it. It's my choice. I want to do that, so I get to. Someone else can let his beard be grey if he wants. I ain't ready for that. Plus, letting it be grey would let Amber Heard win. She's the one who spiked my water with that potion. I take pride in her seeing me with a beautiful, brown beard, and she eats her heart out. Her evil plan didn't work. I found a solution.

Anyway, if you like your grey beard, that's great. Go for it. I want a brown one. I will say that living with the grey has one big advantage. It's less expensive. I keep having to buy this dye stuff. I could just live with it being half grey. Or I could shave it off. Nah! Having a nice, brown, goatee-style beard infuriates Amber Heard, so I'm going with that.

Just to be clear, I'm not any kind of sponsor for Just for Men or for Cleverman. JFM ain't bad, and I haven't even tried Cleverman yet. If I think it works better, I'm going with it. Or if it works equally well and turns out to be less expensive per treatment, I'll switch to it. The other one out there that keeps bugging me with ads is Simpler Hair Color. Whatever.

Anyway, just wanted to update y'all on my efforts to keep my beard brown. I know everyone was on the edge of his seat worried about it.

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
Glad it worked out for you. I've heard that sometimes heard will put itchy, scratch stuff in you're beard dye. Causing you to scratch you're face endlessly. It can be a nightmare, be careful.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I saw on slickdeals that men were using Revlon Colorsilk on their beards.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Cleverman worked really well. It's more goopy than Just for Men. I'm finding the color a little too dark, so I might switch to the slightly lighter shade. The kit is really well organized. It does seem to also last longer than JFM.

JBond

Reaction score
I decided to go older naturally. Shaved the head (what little I had left) and let the grey beard grow some. Wife likes it and that is all that matters.