Good/Bad of Blue-White

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I live in Jersey and yesterday the Giants had their Blue/White game. It was horribly produced and panned by all NY fans.

They also complained about not showing anything. And that maybe Judge didn't want to show anything to the rest of the league.

If these teams are keeping their cards close to the vest, good for them. That's what I would do.

Well, on a positive note, at least we as fans, weren't the only ones being disappointed at not seeing any football. :cool:

Let's just hope the upcoming season will be one worth watching. ;)

Last edited:

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
They never showed anything? I only watched a little of it when there was a story about Blake Jarwin, it was a very cookie-cutter boring fluff piece that gives 0 insight. Also heard Michael saying Earl would add so much to the team even if he wasn't the old Earl Thomas, so I sighed and rolled my eyes and stopped watching.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
This was McCarthy ideal of not airing it and they mentioned it very early in the broadcast along with the fact players would not have numbers or names on uniform. McCarthy is not planning on giving away anything to opposing teams in terms of player progress or formations. I get that some fans are upset all I can say is get over it. McCarthy interview after their scrimmage seem pretty happy with what they got accomplished and will start spending more time this week getting them ready for the opener against the Rams.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It's a shame Jerry had to criticize McCarthy for sitting at his desk during the scrimmage.

He'll always find a way to compromise his HC! Is he just jealous of MM being liked? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

erod

Reaction score
We saw more action in the Percy Howard documentary before the "scrimmage".

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I'm always for not giving away information to a competitor but if you ran a vanilla playbook just like preseason games what are you really giving away? I'm pretty sure every team has already heard the reports about who is doing well at camp and have a fairly good idea of our personnel.

The secrets are in how we'll use them.

To say this would be a televised scrimmage was a blatant lie.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Does it really matter?
Is there really such thing as "secrets' in the NFL, anymore?
They all run the same pass patterns.
They all run sweep left, sweep right, off tackle left off tackle right.
Basically, teams have seen it all.
It comes down to who executes better.....
Give what away?
Did I say anything about giving something away?

Read my post again.

The point is that McCarthy is in charge which is very good. The HC has not been in charge since Parcells departed.

Shane612

Reaction score
Did I say anything about giving something away?

Read my post again.

The point is that McCarthy is in charge which is very good. The HC has not been in charge since Parcells departed.

Good: McCarthy in charge. This is not a Jerry type move. He has always tended to show too much with regards to giving things away to other teams.

jay94

Reaction score
They got paid for advertisements. This was sponsored by American Airlines tonight. Interesting how AA has money for this.

The FED gives it away to corporations at the cost of inflation to the masses.

Flamma

Reaction score
We’re gonna see some really really bad football across the nfl for the first month

Probably the first week or two. Injuries too. But when you think about it, how much do the starters play in pre season in a normal year?

Jipper

Reaction score
Probably the first week or two. Injuries too. But when you think about it, how much do the starters play in pre season in a normal year?

I don’t know that it’s so much a question of pure playing time as much as it is preparation and routine.

The starters typically play in the first 3 games as 1 or 2 series, 1 half and 1 half plus a drive or two in the 3rd quarter respectively

I think the issue we’re going to see is that these guys are just going to be off for at least the first two weeks; week 3 and 4 should look better but will still be off and hopefully by week 5 we are good

As for injuries....it’s going to be rough all over the nfl and I just hope for the best for all of these guys

glimmerman

Reaction score
I am still slightly upset. Lol. I was so pumped to watch this. Was funny, I kept thinking ok, they will start showing something. They were just hiding some of it. Next thing you know it was over. Lol.