Good Cowboys Players Just ‘Passing Through’

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Keyshawn Johnson, Thomas Everitt, Ray Horton, Jay Novacek, Terry Glenn, Rahib ‘Rocket’ Ismael... sure, most will remember Charles Haley and Dieon Sanders. But how about excellent but lesser-known contributors like La’roi Glover whom played for less successful versions of the Dallas Cowboys yet were excellent nonetheless?

Name your favorite ‘journeymen’ Dallas Cowboys.

Herb Adderly helped us win Super Bowl 6 after years with the Packers.

CapnB

Reaction score
This is one whose career is a "what could've been" story, because he flashed some excellence really briefly, but...

Remember WR Patrick Jeffers?

We traded for him after training camp, if I recall right, in 1998. I'm not even sure what we gave up. Future considerations or something, basically nothing.

He started the year on the scout team and learning the offense, basically non-existent. Then he came on and averaged almost 20 yards per catch. And was one of the few guys who played well in the playoffs.

We let him walk because we didn't want to match the $1M offer sheet, deciding the one million bucks and a late round compensation pick were worth more to us than him. So he went to Carolina and had a monster season, averaging 17 yards per catch and scoring 12 touchdowns. He was an amazing weapon, showing the flashes he'd demonstrated late in 1998 could be stretched out into a full season. Part of a pretty unbelievable season by Steve Beuerlein, of all people.

Then he suffered an injury the next preseason and his career was basically over right after he'd blown up.

I remember Jeffers... Basically a clone of Ed McCaffery if im not mistaken

John813

Reaction score
Roger Staubach was pretty good. Came from Vietnam to play here.

Laurent Robinson was good here. One of the few moments in his NFL he was actually healthy.

Jason Ferguson was a good NT here.

Marc Colombo.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
What’s so funny? I freaking loved the performance of Robert Quinn last season. I’m actually worried Dallas may lose his valuable services.

I guess because he's technically still a Cowboy but probably not for long?

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Scott Case
Hard hitting Safety who played Awesome vs Pittsburgh in the 95 Super Bowl. Could have won the MVP in that game.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Alonzo Spellman......

.....just kiddin.........

.......Probably RoMc.......when the rollercoaster was at its highest peak.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Thomas Everrett was another player, made the key interception in the end zone in SB 27. After Norton's fantastic stop of Kennth Davis.

One of the great goal line stands against a high powered offense.
Was it an INT of a FF?

Wasnt there an FF early in the game near the goal line?