Good Game Cowboys.

Blitzburgh06

Reaction score
Not even sure if I can post here but I figured I'd make a thread saying good game.

It was a tough game I was at work and a buddy was texting me updates needless to say I was so mad until 4th quater..I can't thank our defense enough. The Dallas D played lights out today and they couldn't have done more.

The Cowboys offense lost this today. That pick 6 killed you guys. I'm glad we have a stellar D because our Offense is below average and it is starting to get old. If the Steelers O could match half of the Ds playing we would be so dominant. Ben didn't throw any picks thank god thats a nice thing to see.

I am proving wrong on thinking your D was overrated I will eat crow for that proved me wrong big time today. Now I look at Romo and question his brain? Lol who the hell was he throwing to on that first pick..Ike Taylor just made a play and Townsend well he had a easy pick 6. Needless to say those weeks where Romo was out it killed you guys and pretty much it looks like a far stretch for you to make the playoffs.

Please duck tape T.Os mouth? I'll pay money for it?

All in all good game hard fought by both teams down to the end.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Blitzburgh06;2472664 said:
Not even sure if I can post here but I figured I'd make a thread saying good game.

It was a tough game I was at work and a buddy was texting me updates needless to say I was so mad until 4th quater..I can't thank our defense enough. The Dallas D played lights out today and they couldn't have done more.

The Cowboys offense lost this today. That pick 6 killed you guys. I'm glad we have a stellar D because our Offense is below average and it is starting to get old. If the Steelers O could match half of the Ds playing we would be so dominant. Ben didn't throw any picks thank god thats a nice thing to see.

I am proving wrong on thinking your D was overrated I will eat crow for that proved me wrong big time today. Now I look at Romo and question his brain? Lol who the hell was he throwing to on that first pick..Ike Taylor just made a play and Townsend well he had a easy pick 6. Needless to say those weeks where Romo was out it killed you guys and pretty much it looks like a far stretch for you to make the playoffs.

Hey-Classy post!

If anything-the only other AFC team I expect to threaten the Steelers are the Colts(largely b/c they're hot, have gotten healthy, and Peyton is back in rhythm after missing TC)-otherwise, the Titans will be one and done b/c their 50 year old QB only does checkdowns, the Jets have fallen back to earth, the Pats have surprised alot of people(but that's as far as they'll go), Denver doesn't have a defense, and Flacco still has another year or 2 in Baltimore(otherwise, he's not ready for the spotlight).

Your Steelers really showed alot of heart when the game was on the line, and made all the plays to win the game. I wish we have this "Wins have to be EARNED" mentality like you guys.:(

Anyhow-best of luck to the rest of your season!

Blitzburgh06

Reaction score
Boysboy;2472667 said:
Hey-Classy post!

If anything-the only other AFC team I expect to threaten the Steelers are the Colts(largely b/c they're hot, have gotten healthy, and Peyton is back in rhythm after missing TC)-otherwise, the Titans will be one and done b/c their 50 year old QB only does checkdowns, the Jets have fallen back to earth, the Pats have surprised alot of people(but that's as far as they'll go), Denver doesn't have a defense, and Flacco still has another year or 2 in Baltimore(otherwise, he's not ready for the spotlight).

Your Steelers really showed alot of heart when the game was on the line, and made all the plays to win the game. I wish we have this "Wins have to be EARNED" mentality like you guys.:(

Anyhow-best of luck to the rest of your season!
Hey thanks! I see the titans as a threat just because we haven't played them yet and I don't know how they would fare against us. I feel they are a little overrated but they don't make the schedule they play it.

The Jets are so inconsistent one game they beat the undefeated the titans, the week before they lost to the raiders.

Colts they are good and they have Manning but Manning and company seem to be struggling..when they played us in Pittsburgh the score should have been something like 38-20 cause Harrison dropped 2 easy TD passes lol.

Our offense is bad below average and it showed once again today, Your defense came to play and knew what was on the line, Your offense however was just GAH. I feel for you though because the Steelers have had some games like that, (See Giants and Eagles game) I can't say enough for our defense..they are the reason we are 10-3. I wouldn't fret though, I don't think the cowboys will make the playoffs BUT next year will be a different story, As long as Romo and his Wide outs get on the same page and he doesn't play stupid. If your D continues to improve I see a big competition for the division with the giants next year!

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Far stretch for us to make the playoffs?

We are currently in the freaking playoffs as the 6th seed, try to pay attention son.

I will expect a fruit basket or something for this early Christmas gift we gave yall.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2472735 said:

We are currently in the freaking playoffs as the 6th seed, try to pay attention son.

I will expect a fruit basket or something for this early Christmas gift we gave yall.

We have a very tough stretch ahead-don't think for a minute the Giants are exposed and RIP(didn't we say this after they lost to Cleveland?), the Ravens play a similar style D to Pitt, and Philly of course hates us(whether they're in the playoff picture or not).

Tampa, Atlanta, and Philly and much easier schedules than we do.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Boysboy;2472740 said:
We have a very tough stretch ahead-don't think for a minute the Giants are exposed and RIP(didn't we say this after they lost to Cleveland?), the Ravens play a similar style D to Pitt, and Philly of course hates us(whether they're in the playoff picture or not).

At least we get 2 of the 3 at home:)

Blitzburgh06

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2472735 said:

You obviously haven't saw the Ravens play yet.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Blitzburgh06;2473603 said:
You obviously haven't saw the Ravens play yet.

Rex Ryan is a brilliant mind. To be frank-I HATED his dad(Buddy Ryan) when he was in the league. He coached in our division for a number of years(Eagles and Cards)-nothing but a disrespectful, trash-talking cheap-shot artist.

However-you have to admire their very, very, very aggressive approach on D, which the players just feed off of to infinity. I wish we had a coach like that.

Blitzburgh06

Reaction score
Boysboy;2473615 said:
Rex Ryan is a brilliant mind. To be frank-I HATED his dad(Buddy Ryan) when he was in the league. He coached in our division for a number of years(Eagles and Cards)-nothing but a disrespectful, trash-talking cheap-shot artist.

However-you have to admire their very, very, very aggressive approach on D, which the players just feed off of to infinity. I wish we had a coach like that.
There defense is AMAZING 2nd best in the league, They got Suggs, Lewis, Reed, Scott and thats just a few of there standouts. They are physical and tough to run on. What's scary is there offense has picked up and Flacco is playing well which makes them that much harder.

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
Boysboy;2472740 said:

Yes but they still had Plax and a healthy Jacobs and no outside distractions.

RoadRunner

Reaction score
I don't consider it a good game when one team that should win coughs it up that badly.

Dallas did far more on their own to lose the game than Pittsburgh did to win it.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Merry Christmas to you and yours, Steeler fan. Romo delivered some early presents.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Blitzburgh06;2472664 said:

It was not a good game. It was a travesty of a game. It was an embarassment that we outplayed you for 53 minutes, only to hand you the game in the end. But you guys did what you needed to do to win, so my hat goes off to you guys.

These Cowboys better pull their heads out of their ***** or this season is a waste. You guys, meanwhile, have one of, if not the toughest schedules of the last 20 years, and are sitting at 10-3, and could be getting a first round bye. Congratulations.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
RoadRunner;2474379 said:
I don't consider it a good game when one team that should win coughs it up that badly.

Dallas did far more on their own to lose the game than Pittsburgh did to win it.

That says it all...and that's the reason this board is so upset right now. I'd much rather Pittsburgh blow Dallas away or if Dallas brought a complete game and lost because the Steelers were the better team.

I still have to say that I'm not sold on Roethlisburger. I'm probably in the minority on that one.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Boysboy;2473615 said:

If Romo plays against Baltimore the way he played against Pittsburgh, Reed might be named to the Hall of Fame right after the game. :(

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Aikmaniac;2474397 said:
That says it all...and that's the reason this board is so upset right now. I'd much rather Pittsburgh blow Dallas away or if Dallas brought a complete game.

I still have to say that I'm not sold on Roethlisburger. I'm probably in the minority on that one.

Not sold in what way? :confused:

He's tough.

He didn't turn the ball over.

He made enough plays to win.

He's solid if unspectacular.

But at the end of the day, he's a winner.

Boysboy

Reaction score
tyke1doe;2474398 said:
If Romo plays against Baltimore the way he played against Pittsburgh, Reed might be named to the Hall of Fame right after the game. :(

Remember when TO shafted the Ravens in '04(somehow, he got the trade voided and threw Kyle Bohler under the bus on national tv)? I'm afraid if they're up by double digits in the 4th, Ray Lewis and Ed Reed may just talk Harbaugh into rubbing it into us by running up the score on national tv in our LAST TX Stadium game.:(

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
tyke1doe;2474402 said:

He's tough.

I'm not sold that he's a top 5 QB in the league like everyone proclaims him to be.

Those facts you listed mimic Trent Dilfer during the championship season with the Ravens.

Blitzburgh06

Reaction score
RoadRunner;2474379 said:

I understand what you are saying but there is 60 minutes in a football game and no matter what happens a W is a W and the Steelers made plays when they had too. Townsend ran it in to help seal the deal.

ScipioCowboy;2474384 said:
Merry Christmas to you and yours, Steeler fan. Romo delivered some early presents.
The only christmas present for me will be beating the ravens this week.

NextGenBoys;2474385 said:
It was not a good game. It was a travesty of a game. It was an embarassment that we outplayed you for 53 minutes, only to hand you the game in the end. But you guys did what you needed to do to win, so my hat goes off to you guys.

These Cowboys better pull their heads out of their ***** or this season is a waste. You guys, meanwhile, have one of, if not the toughest schedules of the last 20 years, and are sitting at 10-3, and could be getting a first round bye. Congratulations.
Hey man thanks! I def didn't see us at 10-3 I thought we'd be somewhere like 8-5 right now or something because I knew how hard all of our opponents were.

Aikmaniac;2474397 said:
That says it all...and that's the reason this board is so upset right now. I'd much rather Pittsburgh blow Dallas away or if Dallas brought a complete game and lost because the Steelers were the better team.

The Steelers were the better team..I mean Dallas D came to play and proved me wrong but your offense sucked it up. Pittsburgh made the plays at the end when Dallas couldn't.

A lot of people aren't sol on Roethlisberger and thats fine I am I love what the guy can do for us.

tyke1doe;2474398 said:
Ed Reed is very dangerous..Romo will find that out..

Damn Romo had to face the 2 of the best safties in the NFL 2 weeks in a row lol

Blitzburgh06

Reaction score
tyke1doe;2474402 said:

He's tough.

The thing with Ben though is he has a great team around him, He has a top 5 defense every year backing him up, A solid running game (Not so much this year) and a trusty reciever in Ward, Washington has stepped up this year and Holmes is helping too, And a solid tight end in Miller.

Last year Ben was amazing 32 TDs 11 Ints if it wasn't for Brady being so amazing (Which I think he is overrated I mean anyone can toss a ball up to Moss. He's good but not what they make him to be) Ben would have gotten MVP probably or have been a runner up. Note that he got sacked 51 times too.