Good Game Cowboys.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not to be too much of a sore loser. You've wished the 'boys well and acknowledged a good game. Yep, classy fan.

Personally, I'm sick of Pittsburgh. For all the hype, the 'boys stood toe-to-toe with them and should've won. They didn't, but they should've.

Pitt is good, but so are the 'boys. See you in four years. :cool:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don Corleone;2474477 said:
Or in less than 2 months...in Tampa. I'm not throwing in the towel just yet.
That's if Pitt makes it. *sipping koolaid*

:cool:

Boysboy

Reaction score
Blitzburgh06;2474446 said:
The thing with Ben though is he has a great team around him, He has a top 5 defense every year backing him up, A solid running game (Not so much this year) and a trusty reciever in Ward, Washington has stepped up this year and Holmes is helping too, And a solid tight end in Miller.

Last year Ben was amazing 32 TDs 11 Ints if it wasn't for Brady being so amazing (Which I think he is overrated I mean anyone can toss a ball up to Moss. He's good but not what they make him to be) Ben would have gotten MVP probably or have been a runner up. Note that he got sacked 51 times too.

Like I said on another thread, my hatred for Big Ben was largely b/c he came in as a rookie and started having instant success, while our Dallas team was stinking it up a good one. Then the next year, he and the Steelers had that magical run all the way to the Super Bowl, while we crashed and burned at the end, and ended up watching the playoffs from our own sofas.

So yeah-if anything, the emotions just got caught up in a timing manner kind of thing. Not that we "hate" the guy, but it's alot like how in school, we would struggle with certain courses no matter how much we study, but then some guy sitting next to us wouldn't study much, but make an A.

thewireman

Reaction score
Yeah that was a gift game from the Cowboys, they should have won....but they didn't so props to the Steelers. Can you imagine if the Cowboys had a defense like the Steelers, man talk about deadly team

Also it should be illegal to play on Heinze field, players dropping left and right with ankle and knee injuries

Don Corleone

Reaction score
thewireman;2474504 said:
Can you imagine if the Cowboys had a defense like the Steelers, man talk about deadly team

IMO, the Cowboys defense played like the Steelers D. Our Special Teams and Offense cost us the game.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Aikmaniac;2474414 said:
I'm not sold that he's a top 5 QB in the league like everyone proclaims him to be.

What's your top 5 QB list?

And are most of the guys on that list stat compliers or winners?

Those facts you listed mimic Trent Dilfer during the championship season with the Ravens.

Uh, Roethlisberger is more than a manager. He had to make several plays with his arm and his scrambling ability during the Steelers Super Bowl run.

Moreover, I don't remember Dilfer doing anything more after the Ravens Super Bowl victory, do you?

Yet, Roethlisberger has his team in position to win the AFC Central division.

And, remember, he lost his long-time coach and was recovering from a motorcyle accident.

No, don't even compare Roethlisberger with Dilfer. Nice try, though. ;)

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Blitzburgh06;2474446 said:
The thing with Ben though is he has a great team around him, He has a top 5 defense every year backing him up, A solid running game (Not so much this year) and a trusty reciever in Ward, Washington has stepped up this year and Holmes is helping too, And a solid tight end in Miller.

Last year Ben was amazing 32 TDs 11 Ints if it wasn't for Brady being so amazing (Which I think he is overrated I mean anyone can toss a ball up to Moss. He's good but not what they make him to be) Ben would have gotten MVP probably or have been a runner up. Note that he got sacked 51 times too.

Translation: the way to win in the NFL in December and beyond is to play stout defense and consistently pound the ball via the running game.

See, Pittsburgh Steelers
See, NY Giants
See, Baltmore Ravens
See, Indianapolis Colts (it wasn't until Peyton started to feature the running game that they started to have success and eventually win the Super Bowl.)

Thanks for re-confirming that basic truism.

Blitzburgh06

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2474472 said:
Not to be too much of a sore loser. You've wished the 'boys well and acknowledged a good game. Yep, classy fan.

Personally, I'm sick of Pittsburgh. For all the hype, the 'boys stood toe-to-toe with them and should've won. They didn't, but they should've.

Pitt is good, but so are the 'boys. See you in four years. :cool:
Oh no doubt I understand what you are saying, Our team isn't really hyped that much except for the D and IMO the D showed again why it's number 1.

I don't think the Steelers will go to the superbowl this year though.

thewireman

Reaction score
Don Corleone;2474539 said:
IMO, the Cowboys defense played like the Steelers D. Our Special Teams and Offense cost us the game.

I agree, just saying having a consistently #1 rated defense every week would make this team deadly

Boysboy

Reaction score
Blitzburgh06;2474555 said:
Oh no doubt I understand what you are saying, Our team isn't really hyped that much except for the D and IMO the D showed again why it's number 1.

I don't think the Steelers will go to the superbowl this year though.

Look at the Colts-even my dad, who's a BIG Colts fan, has been somewhat disappointed that they're winning games only by the skins of their teeth in their current win streak.

Like I said earlier, wins have to be EARNED. That's what's frustrating about our Dallas team over the last few years-they don't have this kind of mentality, especially in the stretch run of the seasons.

30yrheel

Reaction score
congrats to pitt, but they don't impress me. a lot of fluky plays yesterday went pitt's way and even with 5 turnovers they barely win. their offense is terrible.
the defense is good, but please, it's not super bowl ravens good.