Good Late Round Pick

tm1119

Reaction score
Jeremy Bloom. Yes, the guy that skis. Hes entering the draft this year as a WR/PR/KR. The guy has 4.3 speed and has proven that he could be a decent slot reciever. Since a lot of people seem to think that Hester would be a good fit I think that drafting this guy 3 rounds later in about the 4th or 5th would be even better.

SALADIN

Jumper
Reaction score
tm1119 said:
Jeremy Bloom. Yes, the guy that skis. Hes entering the draft this year as a WR/PR/KR. The guy has 4.3 speed and has proven that he could be a decent slot reciever. Since a lot of people seem to think that Hester would be a good fit I think that drafting this guy 3 rounds later in about the 4th or 5th would be even better.

A less talented Tim Dwight on the field.

Bloom’s a terrific athlete, but is a slightly above average WR. And with his very slight build he’s at best a training camp column by whatever cities beat reporter he may sign with.

To quote Birenn Fielzs, “I wouldn’t mind seeing Jeremy Bloom signed as a FA novelty return man in the Cowboys training camp but, if NFL teams won’t be cool with him running the moguls in the next few off season’s then Bloom is not worth drafting... Hopefully he’ll be an Olympian however, if Jeremy Bloomfield is anymore than that on the NFL gridiron…I’ll eat my hat.”

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
tm1119 said:
I would hate to see this kid get smashed by a Keith Davis type on ST, he may never get up again. (way too small)

tm1119

Reaction score
Jeremy bloom 5'9 175 (trying to add 10 lbs of football weight before combine)

Steve Smith- 5'9 185

Santana Moss- 5'10 190

10 lbs isnt that big deal. and how many undersized players have to become successful before people look at size as a hige deal.

neosapien23

Reaction score
We already have a similar player in Tom Crowder. What NFLE team did he go to?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
tm1119 said:
Jeremy bloom 5'9 175 (trying to add 10 lbs of football weight before combine)

Steve Smith- 5'9 185

Santana Moss- 5'10 190

10 lbs isnt that big deal. and how many undersized players have to become successful before people look at size as a hige deal.
I've seen the guy, he's frail. His muscle mass wouldn't make it in the NFL. Now as long as he doesn't get touched, he could dominate.. (the kid is fasssst). BTW/ if you want a small quick/fast guy, Sinorice Moss is the man. I want that kid on my team soooooon.

Plus, I question his heart to really play football. He said something about the Olympics and whatever, but if he wants this, he may have to give it full time.

Ceasaleo88

Reaction score
U guys are makin way too big of a deal about his size. I remember seeing him play for Colorado those 2 years he was there and he was a beast. He's an athlete, loves to compete and has the right mind set from what I've seen and heard. I wouldn't mind using a late round pick on him. I don't know if any of u remember the game he had against FSU, I think his Soph. season, but he was basically their only weapon and ran away from some pretty good DB's. He could be a steal in my opinion.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's not his size that worries me....it would be his committment.

They were doing a story on sportscenter the other day and he seemed to indicate that skiing is still a big part of his life and seen no reason to not keep doing it.

Now as a 7th rounder or undrafted FA I have no problem with them bringing him in for a look, it could not hurt but otherwise I say don't bother.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
SALADIN said:
A less talented Tim Dwight on the field.

Bloom’s a terrific athlete, but is a slightly above average WR. And with his very slight build he’s at best a training camp column by whatever cities beat reporter he may sign with.

To quote Birenn Fielzs, “I wouldn’t mind seeing Jeremy Bloom signed as a FA novelty return man in the Cowboys training camp but, if NFL teams won’t be cool with him running the moguls in the next few off season’s then Bloom is not worth drafting... Hopefully he’ll be an Olympian however, if Jeremy Bloomfield is anymore than that on the NFL gridiron…I’ll eat my hat.”

I'd give up a late second day pick for a less talented Tim Dwight. That's not really a bad thing.

Do you realize how few sixth and seventh rounders even made active rosters across the league last year? He seems like the perfect type of player to take a flyer on looking at risk/return.

On a side note, the NCAA really screwed this guy over. I realize the need for rules regarding endorsements but I think anyone with half a brain could understand that his potential endorsements from a goggle manufacturer or ski apparel company had nothing to do with whether he played NCAA football in the company's mind.

kartr

Reaction score
tm1119 said:

I like Gerrick McPhearson better. He plays CB for Maryland and has 4.23 speed. He benches like 350 lbs and squats more and I believe has 42 inch vertical leap. I think he's had relatives play in the NFL too, so he has a pedigree. I also like Brad Smith as a kind of Randle El type that could play QB/WR/RB/KR. I know we have Crayton already, but Smith is more versatile and may be a better runner. Kind of like getting 4 players in one.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
kartr said:
I like Gerrick McPhearson better. He plays CB for Maryland and has 4.23 speed. He benches like 350 lbs and squats more and I believe has 42 inch vertical leap. I think he's had relatives play in the NFL too, so he has a pedigree. I also like Brad Smith as a kind of Randle El type that could play QB/WR/RB/KR. I know we have Crayton already, but Smith is more versatile and may be a better runner. Kind of like getting 4 players in one.
4.23 speed.

:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

SALADIN

Jumper
Reaction score
kartr said:

4.23? I'll bet he doesn't break 4.4 when he's timed electronicly at the combine.

Also, help me understand this "pedigree" thing. So, if a relative of mine plays in the NFL then that means that I have a chance at playing in the NFL?

If so, how does that explain the thousands and thousands of players who are playing or have played in the NFL but have never had ANY relative play in the NFL. Where was there pedigree?

And if this premise of pedigree does in fact have any validity then how come the NFL isn't saturated with the sons of former NFL players? What team did Tom Brady Sr. play for? What about Aikmans' 2nd cousin once removed...let's see his stats.

These are people not race horses and show dogs.