Good prison movies...

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Isn't Clancy Brown, the prison guard in Shawshank, the same actor that Sean Penn beat the crap out with the soda cans in Bad Boys?

It's been a long time since I saw Bad Boys... good flick by the way...

But wasn't that Esai Morales that he canned?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Can not believe I did not think of the Great Escape...I guess I normally think of it as a WWII movie but it fits this genre as well.

Gotta love the Cooler King.
And the Scrounger.

jman

Reaction score
Does American History X qualify as a prison movie?

If so add that to the list of must see.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Hostile said:
My list will cheat because I'm going to include prison camps from war movies.

1. Cool Hand Luke
2. The Great Escape
3. Stalag 17
4. The Shawshank Redemption
5. The Longest Yard (Original)
6. The Green Mile
7. Brubaker
8. The Jericho Mile
9. Stir Crazy
10. Breakout
11. Escape From Alcatraz

See Hostile we are showing are age I would have Cool Hand Luke with Paul Newman #1 as well;some of these youngins have probaly never seen that one or Brubaker with Robert Redford. If you guys have not seen Cool Hand watch it just to see Newman eat 50 hardboiled Eggs on a bet :lmao:

War Camp Prision Movies
Another under rated one even though it has Stallone in it (Michael Cain is also in it) Victory

The Bridge On The River Kwai is awsome

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
trickblue said:
It's been a long time since I saw Bad Boys... good flick by the way...

But wasn't that Esai Morales that he canned?

Both were in the movie and both were the "bad guys" of the movie.

Clancey Brown also played in the older TV Show Earth two, played the drill sgt in Starship Troopers, played the bad guy in the Original Highlaner movie (did a very good job in that role IMO)...I think I also seen him in Carnival show on HBO but I did not watch the series just seen an ad for the show once.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kangaroo said:
See Hostile we are showing are age I would have Cool Hand Luke with Paul Newman #1 as well;some of these youngins have probaly never seen that one or Brubaker with Robert Redford. If you guys have not seen Cool Hand watch it just to see Newman eat 50 hardboiled Eggs on a bet :lmao:

War Camp Prision Movies
Another under rated one even though it has Stallone in it (Michael Cain is also in it) Victory

I like cool hand luke when George Kennedy says..."My boy says he can eat fitty eggs (sounds like fitty not fifty) then he can eat fitty eggs"

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Kangaroo said:

War Camp Prision Movies

I can't believe I forgot that one. Nice call.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
I like cool hand luke when George Kennedy says..."My boy says he can eat fitty eggs (sounds like fitty not fifty) then he can eat fitty eggs"
My favorite part by far is the poker game where he keeps raising while he was bluffing.

"Well, sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand."

I used to try and get boozeman to watch this movie as he'd never seen it. It was a joke between us that he promised he would but never did.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile said:
My favorite part by far is the poker game where he keeps raising while he was bluffing.

"Well, sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand."

I used to try and get boozeman to watch this movie as he'd never seen it. It was a joke between us that he promised he would but never did.

If you can watch that movie and at least not enjoy some part of it or a scene or line...then something is just wrong.

Even if you just happen to catch yourself saying...Shakin it Boss..Shakin it Boss :D

Now I still like many other movies a great deal better...but this one is a good one.

On a side note....

I have heard there is talk of remaking Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid...and the guys playing them are Matt Damon and Ben Affleck.

I just hate the idea of them remaking that classic movie.

Hollywood is so bad now days...there is even talk of making a He-Man Movie...even though there had already been one that was just flat out horrible.

trickblue

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
If you can watch that movie and at least not enjoy some part of it or a scene or line...then something is just wrong.
Even if you just happen to catch yourself saying...Shakin it Boss..Shakin it Boss :D
Now I still like many other movies a great deal better...but this one is a good one.
On a side note....
I have heard there is talk of remaking Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid...and the guys playing them are Matt Damon and Ben Affleck.
I just hate the idea of them remaking that classic movie.
Hollywood is so bad now days...there is even talk of making a He-Man Movie...even though there had already been one that was just flat out horrible.

Ben Affleck is the kiss of death for movies these days... and with good reason...

He is pompous, he can't act and his hairpiece is very bad...

I would absolutely refuse to see that remake...

trickblue

Reaction score
Does "The Dirty Dozen" qualify for this genre?

If so it moves near the top of the list!

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
trickblue said:
Ben Affleck is the kiss of death for movies these days... and with good reason...

He is pompous, he can't act and his hairpiece is very bad...

I would absolutely refuse to see that remake...

Damon never really bothered me...I actually think he does a pretty good job acting...but I am right there with you on Affleck...that guy just annoys me.

Although I have to admit I found it funny awhile back.

Was watching the movie Dazed and Confused and it had been years since I seen it and did not realize but Affleck plays that guy Obannon (sp?)...the one that is the real jerk that is spanking the kids.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
trickblue said:
Does "The Dirty Dozen" qualify for this genre?
If so it moves near the top of the list!

Well it starts off in prison lol.

trickblue

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Damon never really bothered me...I actually think he does a pretty good job acting...but I am right there with you on Affleck...that guy just annoys me.
Although I have to admit I found it funny awhile back.
Was watching the movie Dazed and Confused and it had been years since I seen it and did not realize but Affleck plays that guy Obannon (sp?)...the one that is the real jerk that is spanking the kids.

I like Damon just fine too... he seems like an OK guy...

I haven't watched D&C in years...

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I loved many of the movies mentionned here.
Never really considered how many good prison movies there are.

1. Shawshank. 1st time I understood the greatness of both Robbins and Freeman
2. Green Mile(better as a series of books but still quite good)
3. Cool Hand Luke. I still watch it about once per year.
4. Penitentiary 2. I liked all 3 but 2 was the best. Fight scenes were very good and prison politics brutally honest.
5. Redemption. Didnt hurt that JAmie Foxx is alocal kid but he has really become quite an actor.
6. Longest Yard. One of my very early favorites. I liked a lot of Burt's stuff growing up such as Sharky and Bandit flicks.
7. Bad Boys. I got told alot that I favored Sean Penn. --not sure that is a compliment btw lol-- but he was a great juvenile delinquent. ...was a better attorney acting alongside Pacino.
8. Stir Crazy. I wouldn't have included it if others didn't list it but man those guys were literally insanely funny. Watching them try to act bad when they first get in the cell brings tears to my eyes.
9. The Mack. OK well he is getting out of prison but an excellent movie with Pryor in it. Goldie is the man.
10. Goodfellas. Enough prison scenes for me to justify it. I watch it at least 2 times a year.