Good riddance Randy Gregory

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
rHtzetW.gif

Sam Williams must punch Rowdy in the throat before I will ever get upset over Jerry Jones drafting him.

On second thought, I cannot think of anything off-hand that will leave me disappoint with Randy Gregory's replacement. Maybe if he kicked a kitten..?

~looks again at animated gif~

nah. I got nuthin.

Ozone22

Reaction score
I don’t have an issue with players leaving for the money. My issue with him is how he trashed the DC fans and the DC Organization. After a lot of fans believed in him blindly because he was Cowboy player. I always try and hope the best for most people even when their history proves they will fail.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
After getting Williams, I'm totally fine now with him leaving.

We didn't have to pay him all that money, get a 2023 comp pick (hopefully a 4th) in exchange and found a replacement with more upside.

Good riddance Gregory.
Just hate it was such a messy divorce.

Proof

Reaction score
Gregory was very replaceable and was highly overrated by fans.

Williams may or may not be anything special himself. That's yet to be seen.

As long as he contributes and stays on the field he's already an upgrade as far as I'm concerned.

how do you suppose he got a 70 mil offer on a deep DE FA class?

Proof

Reaction score
I love the fans who, despite decades of incompetence and stupidity, still take the Jones boys side and think Gregory is the bad guy here. Lmao

weird take. Jerry has always been loyal to a fault, and his loyalty and coddling of Randy was an example of said stupidity. Randy who’s never been much for social media for the past 6 years all of a sudden engaging in arguments with fans and taking shots at the org should tell you all you need to know

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
how do you suppose he got a 70 mil offer on a deep DE FA class?
No clue. That's Denver's burden to bear thank goodness.

Call me crazy, but i'm not mad at all that a guy with 16.5 sacks in 5 years, immature as can be, and not dependable is somebody else's problem now.

Proof

Reaction score

Call me crazy, but i'm not mad at all that a guy with 16.5 sacks in 5 years, immature as can be, and not dependable is somebody else's problem now.

i’m not disagreeing with that take, but he flashed serious talent (think i read he forced the most turnovers in the league from the DE spot this year) and it’s clearly not just the delusional Dallas fan base that thought highly of him

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
weird take. Jerry has always been loyal to a fault, and his loyalty and coddling of Randy was an example of said stupidity. Randy who’s never been much for social media for the past 6 years all of a sudden engaging in arguments with fans and taking shots at the org should tell you all you need to know

The facts of what happened are what tell me all I need to know. The FO negotiated a contract with Gregory. He accepted the offer. Then when he came to sign they tried to change the offer and include a bs clause that no other franchise in the NFL puts in their deals and act like it was completely normal. So he left. Then they try to badmouth him like they never wanted him anyway. Lol. Jones boys gonna Jones. Stupid.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score

Immature as can be..

Based on what? He smoked weed? Something that's legal in most states now?

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
i’m not disagreeing with that take, but he flashed serious talent (think i read he forced the most turnovers in the league from the DE spot this year) and it’s clearly not just the delusional Dallas fan base that thought highly of him
Gregory’s problem has always been his head, as his recent behavior online just reinforced some more. Jerry wanted some guarantee that he would “behave” himself better for now a significant investment after not behaving — whether excusable or not due to his condition — a number of times when less was at stake (he was cheaper) and was forgiven for them. He refused, and then effectively acted like everyone in the organization jilted him.

Proof

Reaction score
The facts of what happened are what tell me all I need to know. The FO negotiated a contract with Gregory. He accepted the offer. Then when he came to sign they tried to change the offer and include a bs clause that no other franchise in the NFL puts in their deals and act like it was completely normal. So he left. Then they try to badmouth him like they never wanted him anyway. Lol. Jones boys gonna Jones. Stupid.

except that it’s been reported it’s language in every Cowboys contract. Seems far more likely that he preferred to be in Denver, was begrudgingly willing to potentially stay in Dallas but was able to blame the team for standard language protecting themselves from his unreliability. And jerry never badmouthed Randy whatsoever

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Immature as can be..

Based on what? He smoked weed? Something that's legal in most states now?
I understand that it's legal, but it was against the rules for him to be doing as per rules set forth by his employer.

I don't get why that's hard for some to understand. It doesn't matter if it's legal or if it's a stupid rule. It was still a rule and the only reason he is allowed to play football right now is because the NFL changed that rule, not because he stopped doing anything.

But to add to it... The way he's acting since he left, the pettiness on twitter, him laughing in the playoffs after getting stupid penalties... He's just somebody that I'm personally glad is out of our locker room and away from the young guys.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
except that it’s been reported it’s language in every Cowboys contract. Seems far more likely that he preferred to be in Denver, was begrudgingly willing to potentially stay in Dallas but was able to blame the team for standard language protecting themselves from his unreliability. And jerry never badmouthed Randy whatsoever

It was reported that it's standard language..for the Cowboys..not for any other team..which is what I said. And that doesn't change the fact that they tried to throw it in after Gregory had already agreed to the deal. Two things that matter when discussing the facts here.

The only thing that made him unreliable was the NFL s old policy towards smoking weed..which is gone now. And Gregory was a team leader last year.

And yes Jerry definitely tried to change reality after Gregory decided to leave. Claimed the Cowboys let him leave and didn't want him after he chose to go to Denver for the same years and money after they tried to change the offer last minute. Then claimed we just didn't value him very much and the two scrubs we signed instead (DA and Fowler) were more valuable. Lol..like a scored ex gf.

You live in delusional Jerry world if you want man..but the facts won't change.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After getting Williams, I'm totally fine now with him leaving.

We didn't have to pay him all that money, get a 2023 comp pick (hopefully a 4th) in exchange and found a replacement with more upside.

Good riddance Gregory.
I was worried. Drafting Williams makes me breath much easier.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We moved on from a player who had a drug problem to a player who was suspended for sexual battery. We’ll see how long we can go before we have breaking bad news about him. Just another second round pick we’re going to have to hold our breath with.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Glad we didn't end up with him. Too much money for a guy who has never played a full season. Paying 4 other players was a better use of the same money he was offered. 2 of those 4 players matched his 2021 sack totals.