Good riddance Randy Gregory

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
I understand that it's legal, but it was against the rules for him to be doing as per rules set forth by his employer.

I don't get why that's hard for some to understand. It doesn't matter if it's legal or if it's a stupid rule. It was still a rule and the only reason he is allowed to play football right now is because the NFL changed that rule, not because he stopped doing anything.

But to add to it... The way he's acting since he left, the pettiness on twitter, him laughing in the playoffs after getting stupid penalties... He's just somebody that I'm personally glad is out of our locker room and away from the young guys.

I understand perfectly. But what happened is what should have happened. He shouldn't have been forced to stop smoking weed now that it's legal almost everywhere. The NFL changed it's old outdated rules..as it should.

That being the case solves his "reliability" issue as far as I'm concerned.

You may not like him..but let's be honest..you know next to nothing about him. Our coaches and players thought highly enough if him that he was a team leader last year. So I think that should be considered.

And as for the Twitter banter..I'd have something to say too if my ex employer was trying to bad talk me and lie about why I left. Don't blame him much for defending himself. At this point he should move on though and let Jerry be Jerry.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I understand perfectly. But what happened is what should have happened. He shouldn't have been forced to stop smoking weed now that it's legal almost everywhere. The NFL changed it's old outdated rules..as it should.

That being the case solves his "reliability" issue as far as I'm concerned.

You may not like him..but let's be honest..you know next to nothing about him. Our coaches and players thought highly enough if him that he was a team leader last year. So I think that should be considered.

And as for the Twitter banter..I'd have something to say too if my ex employer was trying to bad talk me and lie about why I left. Don't blame him much for defending himself. At this point he should move on though and let Jerry be Jerry.
I'm thankful that Gregory saved Jerry from himself in this case and signed with Denver.

That's the best thing Gregory ever did for the Cowboys.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
After getting Williams, I'm totally fine now with him leaving.

We didn't have to pay him all that money, get a 2023 comp pick (hopefully a 4th) in exchange and found a replacement with more upside.

Good riddance Gregory.

But we'll miss his excellent dominoes skills.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Possibly. But he hasn't shown the consistency to date to crack double digits in a season. Looks like an All-Pro for two weeks, then silent for a month. Maybe he finally puts it all together in Denver. The physical talent is there to produce more. That's what got him paid.
Denver plays the 3-4. He's not a DE anymore he's an OLB. He's taking D Ware's old position once again. Only he won't be wearing 94 this time around.

Guess he'll win a ring with them like Ware did also.

Cmac

Reaction score
Board enjoys watching players leave and get discarded......JJ is so bone-headed, I wish he'd do the same for the coaching staff, starting with KMoore, the one that goes on a coaching job tour, only to return, every year......our soon-to-be HC.

mmohican29

Reaction score

We didn't have to pay him all that money, get a 2023 comp pick (hopefully a 4th) in exchange and found a replacement with more upside.

Good riddance Gregory.

The Cowboys did everything right by RG. He's a good player, but cost us multiple times with terribly unnecessary penalties- especially in the playoff game: and stood there smiling and shaking his head with no accountability.

Ok with him gone. I no longer wish him well NFL career-wise.

LittleD

Reaction score
Buh-bye! Randy. Never see ya and never knew ya. Have much fun up there in the land of Toke.

DanA

Reaction score
I was waving goodbye before he packed his bags and paraphernalia up to leave.

:lmao:

And you just know that on the flight to Denver he had his arm taking up the entire middle arm rest (neutral zone infraction)

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Good riddance Gregory.
Gregory was a better player than many fans will acknowledge.
- However, he had the emotional maturity of a 13 year old girl obsessed with boy bands.
- Every year he has at least 1 game where he has an emotional meltdown about a penalty and then ends up getting multiple because of his reactions.
- In 2021 he had a meltdown over a penalty on a teammate.
- He then started waving his hands and pointing to refs after several plays.
- Players always lose when they challenge the refs, unless their name if Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady.