Good thing Landry isn't coaching these days!

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
NFL won't let Nolan suit up on sidelines

Apparently, the NFL would rather its coaches dress more like Bill Belichick and less like Tom Landry.

According to a report in the San Francisco Chronicle, 49ers coach Mike Nolan recently petitioned the NFL to allow him to wear a suit on the sidelines during games ... and was turned down.
"To me, it's professional. I think it's respectful," Nolan said. "There was certainly no deal, no one came to me, there was nothing to gain. I wasn't trying to put the spotlight on me. But what I was trying to say, there's somebody in charge and this is what they look like."

Not in the NFL they don't. In the NFL, the guy in charge is wearing league-sanctioned team garb. According to Nolan, marketing issues were the reason the NFL denied his request to dress up on Sundays.

Nolan said another reason behind the request was a desire to honor his father, Dick, who worked the 49ers sidelines from 1968-75 in a suit and tie.

"I must say looking at the pictures of my dad — they are all around my office — I thought, 'I'm going to do that,' " Nolan said. "But they are not going to let me."

VirusX

Reaction score
So much for " This is a Bussiness. " Friggin stupid.
:angryno: