goodbye g-men

dalengal

Reaction score
:laugh2: :lmao: :laugh1: glad to see they not only lost, but got ther butts kick.... what do u think cowboy fans?

CliffnDallas

Reaction score
I wish they had represented our division better. They died with out honor.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Overrated.
All season long.

Especially Eli.

Tiki Barber is the whole NY team and when he gets shut down, they lose and lose badly because Eli is not good.

TonyS

Reaction score
This is typical of a Coughlin-coached team. Barber said it, "We were outcoached."

Watch them implode next year and Coughlin will be gone after 2007.

Woods

Reaction score
I wonder how many more years Strahan has left at DE? He's been such a mainstay on their DL for so many years.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
Overrated.
All season long.

Especially Eli.

Tiki Barber is the whole NY team and when he gets shut down, they lose and lose badly because Eli is not good.

How can a roookie QB that goes to playoffs in less than 2 years be over rated.
He just got some valuable playing time this year and last AND in a playoff game. This will pay off major dividends in the future. We CANNOT say as much.

JPM

Reaction score
Woods said:
I wonder how many more years Strahan has left at DE? He's been such a mainstay on their DL for so many years.

I'm wondering how many years Tiki has left. They have Strahan's replacement.
Tiki has been getting so many touched the last 2 years too.

sago1

Reaction score
Actually Giants defense is pretty good particularly with the emergence of DE Osiomyihour (?sp) who in 3rd season came out of nowhere to have 12-1/2 sacks. Of course as a second rounder starting his 3rd season, Cowboy fans would have burned him at the stake, called him a bust and demanded he be cut -- thus spending his 3rd season with another team.

Did want Giants to represent us better especially since they playing at home. We would have done better then that. Sad to see Skins win though & certainly they weren't impressive on offense.

Double

Reaction score
I think the Giants are really over-rated this season. Thought records don’t reflect it but in the NFCE this season, the order is Foreskins, Cowboys, Gints, Iggles. The gints have that extra home game and they are atrocious on the road and won’t have made the playoffs if not for the lucky win against Denver and another game which they should have lost. We are better than the Gints and would have represented the NFCE in the playoffs. Isnt this the Carolina team we went to their house and ran like crazy. All this NFC teams in the playoffs are beatable and there is no clear favorite…. Anything can happen. Don’t be surprised if Carolina goes in to Chicago and beats them or the foreskins go to seattle and beat a rather soft Seahawks team. That is why our missing the playoffs this year is a little too much to swallow, we would have made noise if we are in the playoffs, the balance in the NFC this year is unbelievable. :venting:

mwmilsted

Reaction score
dalengal said:
:laugh2: :lmao: :laugh1: glad to see they not only lost, but got ther butts kick.... what do u think cowboy fans?
Great game. The Panthers showed the g-men how good they really are. Am reading about the game in the NYC papers and the writers are pointing the finger at Coughlin for not adjusting to the Panther's game plan and generating no offense whatsoever.

Sounds like Parcells should read this stuff. The Dallas media is so light on Parcells and HIS poor game planning, it makes you think that the Cowboys players are responsible for all of the losses. Why, the Dallas papers would never think of blaming Parcells for any losses. It's the kicker, it's the right tackle, it's poor tackling, or maybe it's Zimmer, etc. Why does JJ keep his head in the sand about who he hires. I predict the same thing will happen next year and the Cowboys will finish no better than 9 and 7, no matter who they sign in the offseason or draft in April. Everyone is just limited by Parcells.

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
Interesting factoid- 11 of the last 15 teams to win by shutout in the playoffs lost the next week- does not bode well for the Panthers.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
dalengal said:

I was pulling for the Giants. I have nothing aginst them and they are the only team in the NFC East outside of Dallas that I have respect for.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Gotta love this article!!!

JINTS RIP COACHES

By PAUL SCHWARTZ

January 9, 2006 -- Standing behind a lectern, analyzing a game he wanted to forget, Tiki Barber, in full public view yesterday, stated, "I think in some ways we were out-coached," and later willingly explained precisely why.
A few minutes later, off to the side, after posing for pictures, greeting family and friends and receiving a big hug from his wife, Ginny, Barber was asked again about his critique of the Giants coaching staff.

"It was obvious," he said. "They knew what we were doing. We didn't adjust."

It was the most stinging but hardly the only abuse heaped on the strategies employed by the Giants in their desultory 23-0 playoff loss to the Panthers at Giants Stadium. Players far and near in the locker room sprinkled frustration with their own shoddy performance along with disgust at the game plan they were handed, and the inability of the Giants to alter an approach that clearly wasn't working.

"We knew they were going to try to stop the run," Amani Toomer said. "I just felt like we didn't adjust quickly enough. I don't know what happened."

The worst game of the season for Barber (13-41) came after the Panthers, predictably enough, brought safety Mike Minter near the line of scrimmage, adding an extra defender to contain a running back who gained 1,860 yards and finished fourth in the league's MVP voting. As a result, Toomer and Plaxico Burress were often left in single coverage against the talented Carolina cornerbacks.

Burress did not have a catch and was thrown to one time.

"That's just a testament to our game plan not being the right one," Barber said.

Knowing Panthers coach John Fox — the former Giants defensive coordinator — would load up to stop him, Barber wanted to see his team accelerate its pace and change up its usual running style.

"We spend a lot of time at the line of scrimmage sometimes dissecting the defense, and that allows them to bring up an extra guy in the box," Barber said. "When we have gone on quick sounds, we were effective. I think we played into their scheme and it ended up ultimately costing us the game."

There were times when Jeremy Shockey waved his arms in disgust after he ran free but Eli Manning did not spot him.

"They had a good game plan against us," Shockey said. "They really forced us off the run in the first quarter. We kept trying to pound the ball and there was nothing there.

"The second half they came out and did some different things, forced us to pass the ball. They were in zone and they did a great job. If I were their defensive coordinator I would have done the same thing. They knew we were going to do something different and they had the better hand. They definitely called it."

Back to: Giants | Sports | Home