Goodluck this week and next:

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Sooo, the wife and I are off on a cruise to Spain, South of France and Italy for 2 weeks. Leave tomorrow morning. Hopefully they get satelite or something on the ship.
Going with another diehard Cowboys fan and his wife, so we will be trying to catch the game somewhere. Just wanted to say good luck to our Boys this weekend and next, will try to get internet service somewhere over there.
I know the timeing sucks, but what do you do?
Goodluck to all, and be safe on the 11th, kiwi out...:starspin

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
Sounds like a great trip! I have a solution to your football viewing dilemma and it all hinges on you having internet access on the cruise ship.

1-Verify that you are able to use a laptop on the ship (most have internet access), either hardwired or WiFi will do.
2-If #1 holds true then go to Circuit City or BestBuy and purchase a Slingbox ($200 or so) www.slingmedia.com
3-Connect slingbox at home to cable or satellite TV and to a high speed internet connection (cable or dsl)
4-Watch your home tv from the cruiseship over the internet!!!

It works great, I have it and watch TV on my computer at the office.

Good luck!

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Richmond Cowboy said:
Sounds like a great trip! I have a solution to your football viewing dilemma and it all hinges on you having internet access on the cruise ship.

1-Verify that you are able to use a laptop on the ship (most have internet access), either hardwired or WiFi will do.
2-If #1 holds true then go to Circuit City or BestBuy and purchase a Slingbox ($200 or so) www.slingmedia.com
3-Connect slingbox at home to cable or satellite TV and to a high speed internet connection (cable or dsl)

Good luck!

What's the quality like on that sling box? Is it choppy like we saw on that TVU for the niner game or is it just like regular TV? Thanks.

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy said:
What's the quality like on that sling box? Is it choppy like we saw on that TVU for the niner game or is it just like regular TV? Thanks.

It's not nearly as choppy as TVU, I opened both TVU and Slingbox right next to each other and there was no comparison. If you go full screen mode though the definition is not as great as conventional TV. It worked great for world cup matches this past summer.

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
kiheikiwi said:
I know the timeing sucks, but what do you do?

Reschedule ******!!! :p:

(Just kidding. Have fun!! )

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Richmond Cowboy said:
It's not nearly as choppy as TVU, I opened both TVU and Slingbox right next to each other and there was no comparison. If you go full screen mode though the definition is not as great as conventional TV. It worked great for world cup matches this past summer.

Is there any lag time?
Also, is the audio in sync with the picture?

I appreciate the info because I have been thinking about getting slingbox for a while. Just haven't pulled the trigger.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Richmond Cowboy said:

Good luck!

Thanks mate, will check it out after work today!

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
I'll be missing the first two games of October because of a cruise. Before buying something like that you need to double check the price of internet access. I know the cruise I'm going on charges a heft fee to use their computers but I don't know what the charge would be if you had your own laptop.

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy said:
Is there any lag time?
Also, is the audio in sync with the picture?

I appreciate the info because I have been thinking about getting slingbox for a while. Just haven't pulled the trigger.

Short lag time of a few seconds, audio is in sync. Definitely worth it.