Article: Google just gave a demo of Assistant making an actual phone call

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Great. An opportunity of getting even more telemarketing calls but they will be ones that will take me a second longer determining it is not a real person before hanging up.

I don't answer my home phone at all. I only answer my cell if I recognize the number, or I'm expecting a call.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't answer my home phone at all. I only answer my cell if I recognize the number, or I'm expecting a call.
Have you ever received a robocall calling with a number you recognized? I had that happen once. In fact, it was MY cell number on the caller id. Crazy stuff.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Have you ever received a robocall calling with a number you recognized? I had that happen once. In fact, it was MY cell number on the caller id. Crazy stuff.

I get robo calls all the time to my cell phone that come from my same area code and prefix, just a different last four digits. That is a blaring siren telling me it's a bull**** call.

Hopefully those will stop now that the FCC fined that guy $120M. If not and it's a different guy, hopefully they will fine that guy $200B and life in solitary confinement.