THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
'Goose' cooked: Tony Siragusa out as Fox NFL analyst as '16 lineups announced
Sporting News
Michael McCarthy

BBvso4H.img

Tony Siragusa, aka "Goose," is officially cooked at Fox Sports. So ends the run of NFL broadcast TV's only "on-field analyst."

Fox released its NFL announcer pairings for the 2016 season Tuesday afternoon. The most prominent name missing was that of Siragusa, the Super Bowl-winning defensive lineman who worked Fox's NFL coverage for 12 seasons.

Ryan Glasspiegel of The Big Lead and Mike Florio at Pro Football Talk reported Siragusa was on his way out in March. Tuesday's bland press release without a mention of Siragusa made it official.

I liked the big lug on the air. The outgoing Siragusa was unique among sideline reporters.

For one thing, the New Jersey native provided the much-needed perspective of a defensive lineman. NFL TV partners are loaded with former offensive linemen giving their insights.

Besides the departure of Siragusa, TV viewers will not notice many big changes on Fox's NFL game coverage this season.

Joe Buck and Troy Aikman are back as the lead announce team for the 15th straight season along with sideline reporter Erin Andrews. The trio will call Fox's coverage of Super Bowl LI from NRG Stadium in Houston on Feb. 5, 2017.

Fox's NFL announcing lineup (play-by-play announcers/game analysts/sideline reporters) for the 2016 season:

— Joe Buck, Troy Aikman, Erin Andrews

— Kevin Burkhardt, John Lynch, Pam Oliver

— Kenny Albert, Daryl Johnston, Laura Okmin

— Thom Brennaman, Charles Davis, Peter Schrager

— Chris Myers, Ronde Barber, Jennifer Hale

— Dick Stockton, Chris Spielman, Kristina Pink

— Sam Rose n, David Diehl, Shannon Spake/Holly Sonders

Read more: 'Goose' cooked: Tony Siragusa out as Fox NFL analyst as '16 lineups announced

jimmy40

Reaction score
swap Erin Andrews for Holly Sonders and we'd have something worth talking about

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Do the sideline reporters really bring that much to the game.
Other than Injury updates.

rynochop

Reaction score
Other than Injury updates.

That's a pretty good reason, not sure how else the booth would find out.

Surprised no ones talked about Tom Jackson being out at ESPN, or well, retired. Used to never miss Gameday back in the day, I know it's been downhill though

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Well my favorite team for years was Kenny, Moose, & Goose .
Last season they got rid of Goose, put him elsewhere and added the chick, and it just wasnt the same.
I missed the goose.
Clearly, they want a chick on each team, only one team without a girl.
Moose could provide commentary as a former player and it is rare to have defensive player, most are offensive (some are also offensive lol).

Moose could have stepped on some toes, or done something off color in personal life, to make them want to drop him.

but Kenny, Moose, & Goose was the best announcing team in Football.

I actually find the girls to be oddities that dont belong, and are forced on us, and they dont add anything to the game they are
a distraction and a Reminder that PC is everywhere.
The questions they ask the coaches , at end of half are ********, and the answers are usually predictable and boring.

I dont blame the girls, it is just PC and the NFL Trying to be appealing to women and whoever they think like the female reporters.
I have noticed that most of these football girls, have whiny voices, not even suited to the work they do.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I liked the lineup a while back of Moose and Dick Stockton....to me that was one of the best football announce teams the NFL ever had.

rynochop

Reaction score
I liked the lineup a while back of Moose and Dick Stockton....to me that was one of the best football announce teams the NFL ever had.
Yeah, Stockton is good, I forgot they were teamed up. My only problem with Moose is he tends to talk way too much and dominates the broadcast....seems like it's just been the couple years it's been like that.

Deep_South

Reaction score
I thought Siragusa was a nice guy who struggled mightily to find anything of interest to pass on to the audience.