Goose Just Said Dallas had a very good draft

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Dallas had a very good draft.

I think Dallas showed patience. Getting Scandrick in the 5th was a steal. I had him rated as a third rounder.

Choice was a third round value. His health and staying on the field is an issue. But with three deep they are in good shape.

The picks in the third and the fourth are the type of bargaining picks to move up. (In regard to Ocho Cinco)

The Cowboys have 9 #1 picks on defense.

Felix Jones was a team pick. Mendenhall would have been a controversy because of number of carries.

With Pacmman and Jones, they have an elite set of returners.

Scandrick is a 4.35 corner. If he doesn't make a real contribution in the defensive backfield, he will in special teams this year. He was a steal.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Dallas did not show patience trading up from 28 to 25. They may have been able to stay pat and get the player they wanted or at least a comparable corner. Other than that they seemed to do fine in their selections. Not spectacular, but solid.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Well, we got 5 of his top 100 picks out of our 6 total picks.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
hard to be patient when one of the CBs you most covet is sitting there for the taking

StylisticS

Reaction score
Well the best corners was DRC, LM, Aqib Talib, and Mike Jenkins right? If we stayed at 28, we would have not gotten him. Because I believe that was who Houston coveted.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;2058682 said:

and still were able to pick up a 3rd and 4th in the process in next year's draft

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2058692 said:
and still were able to pick up a 3rd and 4th in the process in next year's draft
Damn. Jerry's a genius. ;) :D

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
StylisticS;2058689 said:
Well the best corners was DRC, LM, Aqib Talib, and Mike Jenkins right? If we stayed at 28, we would have not gotten him. Because I believe that was who Houston coveted.
:hammer:

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
theogt;2058682 said:

Then I guess he'd have to say our draft was super sweet...or else. :D

jbsg02

Reaction score
Picking up a 3rd and 4th next year is huge, thats where guys like Jamaal Charles and Reggie Smith went this year that have a good chance of being solid players who won't be called on to contribute right away

Woods

Reaction score
Next year, and if you guess the comp picks we could get, we could have

1 1st rounder
1 2nd rounder
2 3rd rounders
2 4 rounders
possibly 2 5th rounders (comp pick for Reeves)
possibly 2 6th rounders (comp pick for J Jones)
up to 3 7th rounders (comp pick for Davis and N Jones)

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bob Sacamano;2058692 said:
I was really surprised when Detroit gave us next year's 3rd for this year's 4th, but we'll gladly take it.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Woods;2058705 said:

1 1st rounder
1 2nd rounder
2 3rd rounders
2 4 rounders
Possibly 3 4th rounders if Pacman doesn't pan out, but let's hope he does.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2058709 said:
I was really surprised when Detroit gave us next year's 3rd for this year's 4th, but we'll gladly take it.

yes, we will

I don't know about tomson though

jbsg02

Reaction score
Woods;2058705 said:

1 1st rounder
1 2nd rounder
2 3rd rounders
2 4 rounders

That's the kinda ammo that lets us trade up a few spots here and there to get a targeted player, cause there's no way that many players make this team

Eddie

Reaction score
joseephuss;2058668 said:
Dallas did not show patience trading up from 28 to 25. They may have been able to stay pat and get the player they wanted or at least a comparable corner. Other than that they seemed to do fine in their selections. Not spectacular, but solid.

No, I'm pretty positive Jenkins would have been swept up by the Chargers one pick before #28.

xtreme_2k

Reaction score
joseephuss;2058668 said:

You kidding, Jenkins was rated as top rated cornerback in a lot of pre-draft rankings.

From Scout.com "Jenkins was projected by many draft experts to be taken somewhere in the first 10-15 selections in the first round.

He is TheRanchReport.com's No. 2 overall cornerback available in this year's draft, direclty behind Troy's Leodis McKelvin."

Who of the corners that was taken after him would have been better?

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
In other news, the Skins are really tearing this draft apart....a punter and a 180 lb QB in the 6th round. We're doomed.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I'm a bit shocked that Washington has done nothing to address their D-line today.

The Browns are the new version of the Skins - just gave away their 5th rounder next year for a low 6th this year.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
tomson75;2058719 said:
In other news, the Skins are really tearing this draft apart....a punter and a 180 lb QB in the 6th round. We're doomed.

Dude, that punter could be the secret weapon they use to beat us!!!!!!!!!!!