Goose Just Said Dallas had a very good draft

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The extra picks for next year seem to be fodder for a veteran WR.

I think the Cowboys executed a perfectly game-planned draft. Add Felix and Tashard to fill out RB where we had no bodies at all, add 2 CBs to replace Reeves and Jones and pick up some extra draft picks to trade off for a veteran WR which is our biggest need if Terry Glenn isn't remarkably healed.

We got speed on the field which we needed and filled the holes we add other than WR. Unfortunately we just couldn't fill WR from this draft class because it was so soft there. 2 of the guys I liked a good bit, Donnie Avery and Jordy Nelson went a round earlier than projected. Neither is a number 1 WR imho and most of the other guys are not even numbers 2's imho.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
jterrell;2058747 said:
The extra picks for next year seem to be fodder for a veteran WR.

I think the Cowboys executed a perfectly game-planned draft. Add Felix and Tashard to fill out RB where we had no bodies at all, add 2 CBs to replace Reeves and Jones and pick up some extra draft picks to trade off for a veteran WR which is our biggest need if Terry Glenn isn't remarkably healed.

We got speed on the field which we needed and filled the holes we add other than WR. Unfortunately we just couldn't fill WR from this draft class because it was so soft there. 2 of the guys I liked a good bit, Donnie Avery and Jordy Nelson went a round earlier than projected. Neither is a number 1 WR imho and most of the other guys are not even numbers 2's imho.

a vet WR doesn't have to be Roy Williams

San Diego traded a 2nd and 4th I believe for Chris Chambers and that helped them out tremendously

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Vintage;2058745 said:
Dude, that punter could be the secret weapon they use to beat us!!!!!!!!!!!

they are gonna use the fumblerooski with the punter as ball carrier.

danny snyder wrote that one up while he took a break form playing a lilliputian on broadway.

Valor

Benched
Reaction score
Funny how Goose is no longer an "idiot" when he blesses our picks. Quite a few fans said he should stick to mocks and not player evaluations.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
joseephuss;2058668 said:
Dallas did not show patience trading up from 28 to 25. They may have been able to stay pat and get the player they wanted or at least a comparable corner. Other than that they seemed to do fine in their selections. Not spectacular, but solid.

I think they would have lost the last top CB if they had waited.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2058754 said:
a vet WR doesn't have to be Roy Williams

San Diego traded a 2nd and 4th I believe for Chris Chambers and that helped them out tremendously

Yea we may have to lower our sites to get a guy but now we have the fodder to go get one.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
joseephuss;2058668 said:
Dallas did not show patience trading up from 28 to 25. They may have been able to stay pat and get the player they wanted or at least a comparable corner. Other than that they seemed to do fine in their selections. Not spectacular, but solid.

thats not true...they wanted Jenkins, and so did Houston and San Diego

Houstan said they traded back with Jenkins in mind, and SD took Cason

Jenkins is more gifted than Cason and has alot more upside

David

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Valor;2058757 said:
Funny how Goose is no longer an "idiot" when he blesses our picks. Quite a few fans said he should stick to mocks and not player evaluations.

fans are talking about his top 100 rankings versus our selections, whether he liked our moves or not is irrelevant to me personally beyond that we got good value.

his top 100 and mocks are what has been accurate historically... well that and he did say last year in training camp the giants would win the super bowl... the bastage.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Although I realize it's just business as usual in that cesspool called ES, but the Skins' fans are actually praising their draft and trashing ours. Homerism at its best. They needed defensive linemen more than anything and they got none. They also needed OL and took one. Two receivers and a TE? Not to mention a punter and a backup QB. Yea, they really took it to us. :lmao2:

Whatever makes me feel better about themselves.

SMCowboy

Reaction score
joseephuss;2058668 said:

Dallas had Mike Jenkins ranked HIGHER than DRC or Talib (even Goose said so). They were even talking on ESPN that some think Dallas had Mike Jenkins ranked as the #1 CB in the draft. to only give up a 5th and a 7th for either your #1 or #2 ranked Cb when CB is a big need is a great move.

Angus

Reaction score
Valor;2058757 said:

Well, his credibility went up when it was discovered that he had anticipated Jerry Jones' board.

:D

dstew60105

Reaction score
joseephuss;2058668 said:

Some people are just never happy. They gave up nothing to guarantee the player they wanted. Great move.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dbair1967;2058768 said:
thats not true...they wanted Jenkins, and so did Houston and San Diego

Houstan said they traded back with Jenkins in mind, and SD took Cason

Jenkins is more gifted than Cason and has alot more upside

David

But Cason went a lot earlier than you thought, huh?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
We did well with our firsts. If they had targeted a complete RB in the later rounds and are happy with that, then Jerry should be congratulated for the pick of Jones. If Choice turns into a servicable everydown back then we are in good shape here.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Valor;2058757 said:
That's "fan" normal...

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
joseephuss;2058668 said:

On the Blitz, they said that Dallas got word that Houston was going to take Mike. So they did what they had to do!

Valor

Benched
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2058876 said:
That's "fan" normal...

He's notorious for bashing our second day picks (and not without good reasons). Maybe he's mellowing.

Ren

Reaction score
joseephuss;2058668 said:

No Houston was going to draft Jenkins and there's a huge drop of in CB talent after him that's why they moved up