News: Gosselin: NFC East not what it used to be, but here’s how it stacks up

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
http://0.gravatar.com/avatar/aad4279854214d6c7647ef5de117bad9?s=52&d=http%3A%2F%2Fres.***BANNED-URL***%2Fresources%2Fimages%2FSD-logo-50.jpg%3Fs%3D52&r=G
By Rick Gosselin / Columnist
rgosselin@***BANNED-URL***
8:23 pm on July 13, 2013 | Permalink

The key for the Commanders will be the health of quarterback Robert Griffin III, who underwent surgery on his right knee in January. But Adrian Peterson has proved that Texans are superhuman healers, and Griffin says he’ll be back for training camp. If so, pencil in the Commanders as the NFC East favorite.

The Eagles are the wild card in this division because of new coach Chip Kelly. Can he execute the fast-break offense with the same degree of efficiency in the NFL that he did at Oregon?

I do like the continuity and pedigree of the Giants. The coaching staff and players have championship know-how with those two Lombardi trophies since 2007. Eli Manning is a two-time Super Bowl MVP. New York also has the best combination of offensive and defensive lines in this division.

The defense should be better with the return of linebackers Sean Lee and Bruce Carter and safety Barry Church from injuries. How quickly can the Cowboys adapt to the scheme of Monte Kiffin?

Offensively, the Cowboys both hope and expect DeMarco Murray and Dez Bryant to take the next step as offensive weapons. But does the addition of a rookie center solve all that ailed the Cowboys on the offensive line a year ago?

Right now I stack ’em Commanders, Giants, Cowboys and Eagles in the East. I’ll be going to Oxnard next weekend to see if the Cowboys can change my mind.

Read the rest: http://cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***...t-used-to-be-but-heres-how-it-stacks-up.html/

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
"Right now this is how I stack 'em... just as the finished last year. So simple. No skill involved at all."

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
This division is completely up for grabs this year. 9-7 could very well win it, and I think any of those teams could do it.

I think it will come down to who beats themselves and who doesnt, which, unfortunately, does not bode well for Dallas.

Dwight

Reaction score
The team that has the best oline and dline in the division will win. All about the trenches.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not what it used to be...except for those two Superbowl trophies in the last 6 seasons.

Gameover

Reaction score
cowboys are best in this division. doesn't mean they'll win it. they have been the best team since 2006.

Ren

Reaction score
cowboys are best in this division. doesn't mean they'll win it. they have been the best team since 2006.

If you don't win you're not the best, division titles are not decided on paper

DFWJC

Reaction score
It's too early to pick this stuff. And for the NFCE in particular, it's a crapshoot anyway.

One thing for certain is that Gosselin would not be picking Dallas. I'm almost surprised he didn't have them in the cellar.

ejthedj

Reaction score
Hey Gosselin, the East has won 3 superbowls in 18 years post salary cap. There are 32 teams. So, with a four team division, you should have won less than 2 at this point. So, how has it been a "smack in the face" to the division. Seems like we're still above average. *******

Gameover

Reaction score
If you don't win you're not the best, division titles are not decided on paper
best team doesn't always win ... especially when that team is relying on the likes of Tony Romo.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I just don't see how the Cowboys can be ranked ahead of them though.

When you break the Giants down on offense they mirror us. Great weapons, no offensive line. I'd be willing to call it a push, but honestly I just don't think they're better on offense if both teams are healthy.

Both teams also look bad on defense, but the Giants are trotting a poor, very thin LB core, a bad group of CBs, questionable safeties, and Jason Pierre Paul is recovering from back surgery and may not even play week 1.

Although the Cowboys are switching schemes, it just seems like the Giants defense is in a bigger transition and overall weaker.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

I like your homerism, but The Cowboys haven't been the best in the division for some time. The glaring weakness at both offensive line and safety have hurt them. If these 2 areas of the team improve significantly and if they don't suffer a lot of injuries to key players, then the Cowboys will contend for the division title.

Hardline

Reaction score
RGIII will not take the league by storm this season and that gimmick offense will be better defended .The Giants are just as big a question mark as Dallas and the eagles could go either way. Very good or very bad.

dstovall5

Reaction score
best team doesn't always win ... especially when that team is relying on the likes of Tony Romo.

Now this a very intelligent post, this man here understands our problems and shortcomings. It's all Tony Romo's fault, heck if we had any other QB at the helm last year we would've been 10 - 6 at least. Tony didn't hand the ball off correctly that's we were ranked 31st in rushing, and It's also his fault our defense was decimated with injuries! Jerry should've cut this scrub because everyone knows top 10-12 QBs grow on trees.

maxdallasfan

Reaction score
Similar to the "experts" power rankings that get shoved down our throats on a weekly basis.

Has anyone ever compared their rankings from week 1 to week 17? Now that would be funny.