Got a feeling Dak's first game will be Detroit

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
CowboyRoy. Stranger things have happened. Would anyone thought Dallas be 3-1 after laying a turd against Tampa Bay?

Definitely not. But the Oline looked terrible against Tampa and we didnt know at the time that Cincy was so bad.

Cmac

Reaction score
If the Cowboys are 5-1 going into the Detroit game and Dak gets named starter, he will be firmly on the hot seat. That is a lot of pressure.
.....but just like Cooper Rush.......his play should be evaluated. It shouldn't be about win/loss before examining his performance. But I suspect this board will not do that, as some are more interested for failure.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree on Detroit but the record is gonna take perfect performances from Rush.
He's good but not sure about perfect.
Hoping for best
Bigger question:
What if we're 5-1 in 1st place and Dak loses against Detroit? Who starts against Chicago?

FTWayne

Reaction score
He's out for the season. Rush becomes Foles and Dak become the present Wentz.

pitt33

Reaction score
If the Cowboys are 5-1 going into the Detroit game and Dak gets named starter, he will be firmly on the hot seat. That is a lot of pressure.
He’s going to feel pressure regardless of what game he comes back for.

Let’s hope he doesn’t screw it up.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
....must be "a true fan" i guess

Being a blind homer makes you a true fan? Thats news to me. Being a blind homer just makes you a fan that is useless in any real, rational football conversation.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
.....but just like Cooper Rush.......his play should be evaluated. It shouldn't be about win/loss before examining his performance. But I suspect this board will not do that, as some are more interested for failure.

I do not think people are interested in seeing Dak fail but rather a return to his 2016 approach which is what people are seeing in Rush this season: focus on the running game with a strong defense and a game manager type QB approach.

If for some unforeseen reason Rush is able to lead Dallas to wins against the Rams and Eagles and Dak is then named the starter again thereafter, then there will be a lot of pressure for Dak to win and if he should falter in his first few starts back, people will get restless.

That is the nature of fans.

Cmac

Reaction score
I do not think people are interested in seeing Dak fail but rather a return to his 2016 approach which is what people are seeing in Rush this season: focus on the running game with a strong defense and a game manager type QB approach.

If for some unforeseen reason Rush is able to lead Dallas to wins against the Rams and Eagles and Dak is then named the starter again thereafter, then there will be a lot of pressure for Dak to win and if he should falter in his first few starts back, people will get restless.

That is the nature of fans.
I agree......as long as the ship is riding ok.....Cooper Rush should remain the starting QB.......no need to rush Dak back too early. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Dak, our starting QB should not come back until fully healed. Meanwhile, until or if Cooper Rush has an epic failing (his play), we should ride the wave. Cooper and others too, have kept this team afloat.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Romo was notorious for that.

Loved Romo but he was a poor game manager. Even when we were up 20 points in the 2nd half he was winging the ball and trying to make the crazy play. Garrett the idiot had a lot to do with that, but it was Romo as well.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
You mean like Romo used to do by throwing untimely picks?

Side by side comparison of Romo vs. Dak their first 6 seasons (stats for Romo go into 7th season to match equal games played)

Dak 86 games 53-33 record .616 winning % 1,938 of 2,918 66.4% Comp % 22,217 yards 143 TD's 51 INT's playoff record 1-3

Romo 86 games 52-34 record .605 winning % 1,906 of 2,943 64.8% comp % 23,443 yards 161 TD's 80 INT's playoff record 1-3

I think the whole Romo vs. Dak debate can be thrown away because as you look at the stats above, Romo and Dak have in essence been the same QB for Dallas. (keep in mind Romo only played another 39 games after the above stats as injuries cut his career short)

Last edited:

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I am certainly no homer, i just try to tell it like i see it... and if it butt hurts some here, it ain't my problem. But this is the NFL, and Dallas has a shot against the eagles just like anyone else. Heck, the eagles could get beat this weekend in Arizona. You never know. First things first.... worry about the Rams. One freaking game at a time.

sbark

Reaction score
Being a blind homer makes you a true fan? Thats news to me. Being a blind homer just makes you a fan that is useless in any real, rational football conversation.
lol
From a poster who blindlynever sees a fault in daks play

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
The Lions have the #1 offense in the league in yards and points.

Might have to put up some points to get that win.