Got any male puppy names ??

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
I was all excited when I started this thread, because we were getting a new puppy, .. and then went on vacation and forgot all about starting it.

When I got on the board tonight I had a real nice PM from Juke suggesting a good training book and offering his help if needed.

We have had a very hard time agreeing on a name for the little guy. We have looked at 100's and 100's, .. literally.

He is a Brown Schnauzer (known as 'liver' color), which I had never seen before. I was calling him Brown Schnauzer, Brown Schnauzer, Brown Schnauzer and then kinda shortened it to Brauzer. I really liked that name because it was unique to him, but other family members couldn't warm up to it.

We liked Barkley and Gunner, .. but I think we are going with Trooper.

On his papers I may name him Trooper von Brauzer. My last dog's middle name was Cowboy.

My wife and I had a great time looking at all of the names you guys suggested. Thanks! We had thought of many of them already.

Anyway, I'll keep you posted, .. I am picking him up Wed, Aug. 11th.

Should be fun, can't wait.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
nyc;3479227 said:
Just because your wife abuses you, doesn't mean all wives abuse their husbands. :laugh2:

SkinsandTerps;3479237 said:
That is just their bondage fetish. It is not considered abuse if he is a willing participant.

Just don't forget the safe word :laugh1:

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;3485459 said:

On his papers I may name him Trooper von Brauzer. My last dog's middle name was Cowboy.

The spelling will be Trouper, instead of Trooper I think.

Like, "he is quite a little trouper."
Not like a State Police Trooper.

We'll see.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;3485459 said:
I was all excited when I started this thread, because we were getting a new puppy, .. and then went on vacation and forgot all about starting it.

When I got on the board tonight I had a real nice PM from Juke suggesting a good training book and offering his help if needed.

We have had a very hard time agreeing on a name for the little guy. We have looked at 100's and 100's, .. literally.

He is a Brown Schnauzer (known as 'liver' color), which I had never seen before. I was calling him Brown Schnauzer, Brown Schnauzer, Brown Schnauzer and then kinda shortened it to Brauzer. I really liked that name because it was unique to him, but other family members couldn't warm up to it.

My wife and I had a great time looking at all of the names you guys suggested. Thanks! We had thought of many of them already.

Anyway, I'll keep you posted, .. I am picking him up Wed, Aug. 11th.

Should be fun, can't wait.

Trooper von Brauzer? :lmao: That's awesome!

Trooper von Brauzerpants :lmao:

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
DCowGirl85;3501650 said:
I know a good name....Buster! I love it!

Buster is a great name !

I seemed to like male names that ended with 'er', .. or 'c', 'k', or 'ck' sound. (ie Trooper, Barker, Gunner, .. Mac and BlackJack)

I think we have settled on his name being "Trooper von Brauzer", and of course just call him "Trooper".

We have had him for a week now and he is doing great. Juke gave me a good book to read and some helpful suggestions.

The puppy "season" of a dog's life is a lot of fun and very enjoyable, .. but also a lot of work and time consuming. But all of the time and effort put in now makes for a great dog for many years to come.

I hope I can accomplish raising him into a great adult dog.

Maybe I can post some pics sometime.

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
I like to use cool city names.
My three dogs are Vegas, Reno & Memphis. :)

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;3490935 said:

The former members of ABBA will be very flattered!

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;3490935 said:

Not like a State Police Trooper.

We'll see.

Very good. Most people don't know this. Well...most people also don't know the difference between your and you're either.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
I once had a dog named Bob Barker...

I can't believe no one suggested "Landry", "Bullet", "Meredith" or "Tex"...

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
trickblue;3510707 said:
I once had a dog named Bob Barker...

I can't believe no one suggested "Landry", "Bullet", "Meredith" or "Tex"...

My wife and I thought of Landry and Tex.

I had a dog named Barker in the early 90's.

We liked Barkley for this one, but decided on Trooper.

Yes, we went with Trooper instead of Trouper. Trouper sounded like a dancer or theatre type. (Not that there is anything wrong with that. :D )

I just felt Trooper sounded more masculine, like law enforcement or military.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;3512327 said:
My wife and I thought of Landry and Tex.

I had a dog named Barker in the early 90's.

We liked Barkley for this one, but decided on Trooper.

Yes, we went with Trooper instead of Trouper. Trouper sounded like a dancer or theatre type. (Not that there is anything wrong with that. :D )

I just felt Trooper sounded more masculine, like law enforcement or military.

I'm happy for you and your wife. This puppy will need to learn the way of the NFL season in a hurry. :laugh2:

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Doomsday101;3512429 said:
I'm happy for you and your wife. This puppy will need to learn the way of the NFL season in a hurry. :laugh2:

Thanks Dooms.

Yes he will need to learn early about "game day" when the Cowboys or Mountaineers play.

My last dog would always jump up and bark at me when I would get excited and cheer.

My son's dog hides when the Cowboys are on. :D

Doomsday101

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;3522701 said:
Thanks Dooms.

Yes he will need to learn early about "game day" when the Cowboys or Mountaineers play.

My last dog would always jump up and bark at me when I would get excited and cheer.

My son's dog hides when the Cowboys are on. :D

Mine are the same way when Dallas scores and everyone is the room is high fiving each other my dogs have to get into the act. I have to say they are well behaved during the game. All I need to tell them is it is football season go lay down. :laugh2:

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101;3522791 said:
Mine are the same way when Dallas scores and everyone is the room is high fiving each other my dogs have to get into the act. I have to say they are well behaved during the game. All I need to tell them is it is football season go lay down. :laugh2:

Sounds like my dogs...except I have an expletive I shout out when a play goes bad and they both run away from me. :laugh1: