Got sick and tired of the stinkin' fitted sheet popping off the corner

FloridaRob

Reaction score
I decided to bite the bullet on the expense of my sleeping ensemble and see how much difference that might make. I am am insomniac by night and a narcoleptic by day and really tired of that and really tired too much, I am tired of being tired. So, I began to investigate and research what is out there.

I began with the mattress and after many hours of research, settled on Saatva and I am in the trial period of 6 months. So far, I like it quite a lot. It is online but they don't send it in a shoe box so when you open it, out springs the 8 clowns that were in that tiny little car. They deliver and set it up. They wear masks but I think they always wear masks because they robbed me before they left.

Next up, pillows. I needed one for my head and one to go under my knees when back sleeping for my back or between my knees when on my side. I selected Pluto Pillows for custom made and it has taken 4 tries and different shipments to get it right on the pillows. Standard for head and king for knees and this company is great to work with and my guy was Henry that worked with me every time I played Goldilocks with the pillows but he had patience and got it just right. I rewarded him with his own nickname that he has shared with his fellow employees and they're envious of Buddy Slumber.

Next up, pillow cases and I sleep hot so the one for my head had to be extra special with the cool side of the pillow always present. I went with a silk one from Blissy and beware, gentlemen, this is a lady's site with the accent being on their hair not getting all matted and looking like they'd been on a 3 day gutter surfing drunk, my words not theirs. I ordered my pillow case and didn't hang around to correspond with them as I do you fine folks here. Everything was just so pretty. I found myself counting my knuckle hairs. Had it been cross dressing weekend, I might have stayed longer and actually joined.

Last up the sheets and I went with Luxe from Brooklinen and these sheets are cool, pricey but cool to look at and sleep on and the pillowcases tuck in so there's no flap to try and smother you in your sleep, at least that's what mine used to try and do. Had to pull a revolver on it one night.

Well, there it is, life enriched now? When you sit down to dinner tonight with your significant other and the subject of "how was your day" comes up, you have something new to contribute. You can tell them you read all about the sleeping habits and slumber investments of a silly septuagenarian on a sports site. They will all agree, they had a more interesting day than you and will offer you another glass of wine.

Coach, I bought the Saatva several years ago after several months of figuring out which one I wanted. . I have had it now for several years and still can't decide if I like it or not. I felt it was just a little too hard for me, so I ended up getting a MR Pillow mattress topper a few years ago. I go back and forth of leaving it on and taking it off. I think I finally decided I like it better with the topper on. I did take the box springs out and put bunky boards in. With the box Springs, mattress, and pillow topper on it I had to get a ladder to get in bed. Not it is at least manageable. Still I am hoping one day to get on a mattress that finally says, 'Oh yea baby you are home. " Until then I will toss and turn on my Saatva and Mr Pillow Topper arguing with myself where I like it or should get another one. I am leaning on getting another one. In other news, my new 77 inch OLED comes tomorrow morning baby. I am taking the day off and watching movies all day.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
A notice came to my phone that it's been delivered. In this complex, we get deliveries in a kind of lock mailbox that we type in a code to get. But I'm not done with my work shift yet, so I won't be getting it till later. The suspense is thrilling. This is a magnificent and momentous occasion, the fact that I might finally get rid of that sheet popup crap. Wow, this is the most important thing in my life. I'm on pins and needles wondering if it will work. It will be devastating if it doesn't.

Whelp, back to work. I'll have to resist the urge to knock off work early to kill the suspense. Will I defeat those evil sheet popups or will they win once again, causing me to crash into a deep, dark, and sobbing depression?

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I took off the sheets to wash them and put on a backup set. The backup set doesn't pop off. What the .................................... ?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Coach, I bought the Saatva several years ago after several months of figuring out which one I wanted. . I have had it now for several years and still can't decide if I like it or not. I felt it was just a little too hard for me, so I ended up getting a MR Pillow mattress topper a few years ago. I go back and forth of leaving it on and taking it off. I think I finally decided I like it better with the topper on. I did take the box springs out and put bunky boards in. With the box Springs, mattress, and pillow topper on it I had to get a ladder to get in bed. Not it is at least manageable. Still I am hoping one day to get on a mattress that finally says, 'Oh yea baby you are home. " Until then I will toss and turn on my Saatva and Mr Pillow Topper arguing with myself where I like it or should get another one. I am leaning on getting another one. In other news, my new 77 inch OLED comes tomorrow morning baby. I am taking the day off and watching movies all day.
In bed?