Got tired of manuals with minuscule print

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I bought a really nice Peterson strobe guitar tuner. It's a wonderful device, and so I want to learn all its features. However, the manual that came with was just a single piece of paper with practically microscopic print. I could barely read any of it. I could either struggle through it with a magnifying glass or some up with some other solution.
Here's what I did. I found the PDF version of the manual online. So then I viewed it on my PC with its font comfortably big enough, and then I made screenshots of each section. I then assembled all those in order in a LibreOffice Writer file. Then I printed it up and bound it with my GBC binder. The results you can see in this photo with their crappy manual on the left and my enlarged and printed one on the right.
One time I bought a digital watch with large numbers so that it's easy to see even without reading glasses. They advertised with pridefully as a watch that's super easy to read, which it is. Then even its manual had print that you need a magnifying glass to read. I felt like saying to them, "HELLO! Your watch is marketed for people who have trouble seeing close!"
Anyway, I found a solution. At some point, I may invest in a tablet computer so I could just enlarge the PDF on the screen.

peterson-manual-photo-1.jpg

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dude, I don't think the manual is at fault. I can read the one on the left almost as easily as the one on the right, even at the bad angle it's at. Have you tried reading glasses?

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Signs that you're getting old. When you have to use the zoom camera feature on your phone to see the ingredients on the box.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
Signs that you're getting old. When you have to use the zoom camera feature on your phone to see the ingredients on the box.
I'm beyond that. Using magnifying glass apps now to read medicine bottles. How many of these am I supposed to take? Getting old is brutal.