Got to fix the run game

Gaede

Reaction score
We need to fix the OL, but we also need to commit to running even when it's not pretty. So many times we'd just move off the run, even if it was working

quickccc

Reaction score
Since this team will be hamstrung with the highest paid mattress spokesman for years to come, they need to revisit the run game philosophy.
The line from Zeke's rookie season is no more. They should upgrade a few Oline positions.
Tyron can still play, but getting 12 games out of him might be optimistic at this point. LG is a problem.

And they should not have given Collins his job back. The only way I can see getting the most out of Dak is to improve the run game to protect him.

Then there's Zeke. He has one more big $ year on his contract, but they should trade or cut him. Draft 2 RB's in the lower rounds.

Draft: G, T, LB, RB, LB, G, RB.

1) Run scheme - run philosophy ?

- Simply have to wait what happens to Kellen Moore. - Otherwise expect much of the same ole,.. same ole
One moment he is constantly trying to run out of the shotgun with delay sprint draws... and always up the middle, never misdirections and rarely deception
(ala Pollard's wild-cat big run vs KC Chiefs)

Dunno if OL coach Philibin is also responsible for a part of run game scheme as well - but we are very simplistic and predictable in that area.
No telling tell how many of our run plays have been tracked, pin-pointed and dragged from behind the line.

You would think Kellen would learn on the run, such like get few more pitchout to get Pollard to the edge (ala Saints game TD run)
Won't happen until Moore is gone, and new refreshed scheme and approach made here.

2) Others are the OL and blocking of the TEs. I have no issue with Collins to where he needs to be let go.
Some have proposed moving him to LG while Steele starts at RT. But i'd prefer a starter that does not need to be schemed-helped and protected vs
the better edge rushers.
- Williams is the one I'm letting go. and i'm drafting a OG/C combo prospect in early and late rounds for the LG and center roles. Tyron issue makes it tough.
- Either cut Smith and move Collins to LT, while Steele/Josh Ball battle out for RT. and draft your LG, and possible C.

3) .I'd give Schultz a low ball offer, or he walks.- frankly 'd prefer a better combo catch/block is needed. Schultz's weak blocking is showing up too often. whether in line, or in space.
Don't even mention Jarwin- dude is soft and injury-prone.