Grade the Cowboys pick of Tyler Smith T Tulsa at 24th overall

How would you grade our 1st round pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I have the pick a C. Cowboys could have traded back a few spots and likely still get him. As for the player? I like him, he was playing tackle but in Dallas he will play guard, the man is a road grader in run blocking and unlike Williams do not see him getting pushed back. Kid is strong and nasty and putting him on the inside I think will help out a lot

Yeah, like those times we couldn't get a 3rd & 2 or 4th and 1?
Yup, we could use a road grader. LOL

Last edited:

Creeper

Reaction score
This is a pick we can grade 8 games into next season. If he starts at LG and has 8 holding penalties 9 games into the season I think the bust label will get posted lots of times.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Linderbaum may be better long term, but Biadasz is likely better this year and next.

Any marginal improvement you think you get out of Linderbaum is swamped by the much larger improvement at LG and backup T from Smith.

BPA is bogus in the first round. Makes no sense to be drafting guys to sit, or to sit other quality players.

Biadasz is a quality starter already, and should only improve the next couple of years. If Linderbaum were some hulking C we could play at LG, great. But he's not. And Biadasz isn't a G either. No room on the oline for 2 centers at once.

Build a team. Don't just collect players. Adding another pure C to the team doesn't improve the team. I'm a big believer in C as one of the key team positions, but we already got a quality one for the next 2 years. Now is just not the time for another.