Grade the Joey Porter Jr. trade

Grade the Joey Porter Jr trade


  • Total voters
    89
B+

He’s arguably a top 10 CB in the league and he cost a 6th, and a 2nd two years from now. The chances of getting someone of his talent with either of those picks would be in the single-digit percentile.

I’m not giving it an A- because I’d prefer we traded for a DL or LB. And he obviously needs a new contract. The rumor I’ve seen is he does not want to set a record or anything, but he does want more guaranteed than Pittsburgh was willing to pay.

If Parker lets Porter play to his strengths often (man coverage), which would allow Downs to be freed up more to become the menace he was in college, then it’s an A+ trade.

JPJ is the true CB1 that we were all hoping Bland would magically become or Revel would develop into.
"He’s arguably a top 10 CB in the league"



We still don't know how he will fit with this Cowboys Team. Keep in mind he had TJ Watt on his Steeler team, and this is something Dallas doesn't have.
Not saying this isn't an upgrade, but I don't think it's the same kind of upgrade that some people think it will be.

Added: If Dallas were to get some good pass rush going (By either someone already on the team or bringing in an FA and or Trade) this trade will look pretty damn good.
 
The trade isn't bad. A second rounder two years from now is a good price for a starting corner today.

What worries me is the contract extension, or lack thereof. JPJ wanted top five, Surtain, Gonzo type money, and I don't even think he's a top ten corner. We are either going to have to overpay him, play the Jerry franchise tag game (when has that EVER worked out in the team's favor?), or let him walk after this season. That's the part I'm not excited about.
 
I mean they said the plan. Sign him or get a comp pick for him. The plan is clear.
If he leaves and signs a record contract for a CB, we probably get a 3rd back for him. If he plays well and makes a difference for us this year, that trade will look even better. Since he and his family are lifelong fans of our team, he just might return to us. If he's asking too much then I think we can use the FT tag on him.
 
B+


Defense needed more “dudes”


Only dudes we had were Quinnen, Caleb, Jaishawn, and maybe Thompson
 
And it's a 2028 one. I can't point my finger to why people value picks so much. Part of me feels like they just want to have something to root for om draft day. We have enough prospects. Let's get some vets.
Yep yep.

It took a long time but the "GM" finally realized that if you cant draft it....buy it.

31 other teams do it all the time
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,046
Messages
14,659,210
Members
24,226
Latest member
Dorsett99Yards
Back
Top