Diggs: B
Gallimore: C
Robinson: F
Biadasz: C+
Anae: F
DiNucci: F

Creeper

Reaction score
I worry that Lamb will not be a #1 receiver and will become an excellent slot receiver. A #1 has to be able to beat press regularly and I don't see Lamb doing that yet. But he could learn.

Diggs is a tale of two seasons. Early in the year he had issues, like all the Cowboys DBs, but he seemed to find something later.

I think the same can be said of Gallimore. He played much better at the end of the year. But DTs need time to develop. Kinlaw and Derrick Brown were not impactful much of the season either. But I bet they will be much more dominant next year. So will Gallimore. He showed signs. He needs another DT next to him.

Biadasz showed promise but we did not see enough of him to grade him yet. I think he needs a year to get stronger. I hate to say that because it makes him sound like Connor Williams, but if he came in year stronger he would not have lasted in the draft as long as he did.

I know we cannot grade Reggie Robinson or Anae because they got so little playing time, but that says something doesn't it? With Anae it was a numbers game. Too many DEs on the team. With Robinson, it was disappointing that even when the Cowboys had so many injuries in the secondary, they never called on Robinson to fill in. At one point they took guys off the practice squad who were really horrible before they gave Robinson a chance. That has to mean something.

Some people are making a argument that Carter was brought in to play while Anae wasn;t even activated. But I think that's because Carter can play inside, like they do with Aldon Smith. Anae is more of a pure pass rusher from the outside. The Cowboys were pretty healthy at DE, although if Anae could not beat out Dorance Armstrong that is a concern.

DiNucci is a project and always was. I would not expect him to grade higher than an F. I am sure he never expected to play this year, and the Cowboys never expected to play him. With no preseason games, he was literally thrown into the pool to sink or swim. Like most beginners, he sank. But I don't think that means anything. Imagine how few reps he got in practices with DAK AND Dalton on the roster.

It is too early to grade this draft class but I am optimistic. The one thing I would say is the entire draft was a strong one. Lots of rookies all over the NFL looked pretty good. If every team had a good draft then the Cowboys did not really make as much progress as it looks. The hard part about drafting is finding starters when the draft class is weak, like in 2021. If the Cowboys can find 3 or 4 starters in the 2021 draft class, I think they will make a huge leap against the competition.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I’m thinking considering none of them even saw the turf at the Star until July these dudes were Fantastic.

Im thinking if Gallimore spends the offseason in the weight room, and the light turns on he could be a game wrecker. He has all the intangibles to be that dude. Remember his 40 time folks? That’s a big man moving that fast.

Just the speed and hustle should get him some clean up sacks with Gregory and Lawrence on the edges. A DT fast enough to chase down some QBs is big deal.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I think the same can be said of Gallimore. He played much better at the end of the year. But DTs need time to develop. Kinlaw and Derrick Brown were not impactful much of the season either. But I bet they will be much more dominant next year. So will Gallimore. He showed signs. He needs another DT next to him.

Biadasz showed promise but we did not see enough of him to grade him yet. I think he needs a year to get stronger. I hate to say that because it makes him sound like Connor Williams, but if he came in year stronger he would not have lasted in the draft as long as he did.

Interior oline/dline is where the real power is in the NFL. Takes a real stud to be able to compete with that power as a rookie. They just haven't grown into that power yet.

Both Gallimore and Biadasz weren't quite ready yet. Next year should be better for both.

Williams came into the league at 21, and moving from LT. Just not ready physically for the league. At 23 this year, he had a *good* season despite his relative weakness being power off the snap. I don't think any of Smith, Frederick, or Martin made a pro bowl until 23. Two seasons for Smith. Williams will continue to grow more powerful for the next 2-3 years. He'll have a good career, if never being a road grader.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Unless another team give Looney an usually big 1 or 2 year deal

Looney got the Veteran Cap Benefit: $1.25M from us this year, bumping his pay to 2.4mil. We'll have that edge for signing Looney against other teams as long as we want him or until we want to use the veteran cap benefit on someone else.

Early in the season Looney was looking good, but he faded toward the end. That fade probably cut off a chance for interest elsewhere that would rise above the cap benefit delta.

king987

Reaction score
All in all, I thought it was a pretty solid draft looking at it currently. I mean, you can bill 4 of your top 5 picks as starters next season, and you wouldn't be crazy at all.

After the fourth round, there isn't much to speak about, but that's why they're considered dart throws.

I'm still stunned there is still any debate about CeeDee being taken by Dallas. The dude is a beast and will only get better.

Motorola

Reaction score
74 catches 935 receiving yards 82 rushing yards and 4 Touchdowns and you give him a B? LoL tough crowd. A rookie with 1,000 yards gets an A in my book
2nd to Justin Jefferson - Vikings - 88 REC, 1,400 YDS, 7TDS
He along with Lamb 1st team NFL All-Rookie at WR.

Mr_437

Reaction score
#17 pick - B+ (Lamb)
#51 pick - B (Diggs)
#82 pick - C+ (Gallimore)
#123 pick - F (Robinson)
#146 pick - C+ (Biadasz)
#179 pick - C (Anae)
#231 pick - F (DiNucci)

Lamb and Diggs played like rookies, but they made several big plays too.

I thought Gallimore and Biadasz were the guys who would swing the draft to a good one or bad one. So far, we just don't have enough reps to know, but they played well enough to view them as starters next season.

Anae is a guy who needs an opportunity.

Robinson and DiNucci had sponsors in the FO, and look to be questionable draft choices. Most draft guys have DAL drafting a CB high in the draft...Robinson was supposed to help and now we don't even count him.

conner01

Reaction score
We got 3 starters in Diggs, Biadasz and Lamb but Lamb is a wasted pick unless we're getting rid of Cooper or Gallup.
We play plenty of 3 WR sets
But Cooper will be gone before Lamb finishes half his rookie deal

conner01

Reaction score
#17 pick - B+ (Lamb)
#51 pick - B (Diggs)
#82 pick - C+ (Gallimore)
#123 pick - F (Robinson)
#146 pick - C+ (Biadasz)
#179 pick - C (Anae)
#231 pick - F (DiNucci)

Lamb and Diggs played like rookies, but they made several big plays too.

I thought Gallimore and Biadasz were the guys who would swing the draft to a good one or bad one. So far, we just don't have enough reps to know, but they played well enough to view them as starters next season.

Anae is a guy who needs an opportunity.

Robinson and DiNucci had sponsors in the FO, and look to be questionable draft choices. Most draft guys have DAL drafting a CB high in the draft...Robinson was supposed to help and now we don't even count him.
I don’t agree on Biadasz or Gallimore
They didn’t play all year but when they played they played well
Biadasz played extremely well

Mr_437

Reaction score
I don’t agree on Biadasz or Gallimore
They didn’t play all year but when they played they played well
Biadasz played extremely well
I said they played well and will be starters next season. What part do you disagree with?

dallasdave

Reaction score
74 catches 935 receiving yards 82 rushing yards and 4 Touchdowns and you give him a B? LoL tough crowd. A rookie with 1,000 yards gets an A in my book
:yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock:Indeed :yourock:-a wish all Dallas Cowboys picks were this good

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eh, too many bad players is why we are so bad against the run. Get you a wall at 1T if you want, but Gallimore is exactly what you want in a 3T. 310 pounds with explosion.

Even the giant 350 pound DTs dont work the same in this league. You need do it all types anymore, not one trick ponies. At least get a pair of DTs that compliment each other. Olines are too adaptable, and blocking schemes have evolved. If a team knows a guy just shoots gaps theyll play your aggressiveness against you and let you over run the play. You get bigger power players teams will move the line and get them out of position. Poe could sit there and be a wall all day, but teams just worked around him with ease.
We got played several times like that.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lamb gets a B because he still dropped the ball at times. Biadasz gets an Incomplete because for some reason they Wally Pipped him for the bum Looney.

Not a good draft class, gotta do better this year.
You get 3 starters out of a draft and you consider it a bad draft class?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s a really generous A for lamb were you grading on a curve?
He was probably grading him as a rookie. Lamb's contribution was pretty significant for a first year player, and especially one sharing targets with Cooper and Gallup.