Gramatica's FG, winning the way we did...

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Was that a good way to win the way we did. A hard fought back and forth close game. I think it is. The stock was rising maybe a little to fast. A pull back was needed for a market correction.

We needed a little dose of tough reality, and not a perfect Romo performance. Kind of a reminder to keep from getting ahead of oursekves.

BP sais Vandy's issues were causing in game decisions. But with MG 46 Yarder and winning can get those game plans and strategies back on line. And the team can have a K they can believe in and trust. So instead of pushing for those extra yards, or a longer pass down field with the possibility of a bad play on our part. Or a good play by the other team. They really can play for field position and FG's the way thaey want.

I think this win will strengthen the team the way it came about, than if we were to blow them out.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
you think parcells told witten to grab marty so he wouldn't tear a ligament?

Reaction score
the bears barely eeking by the cards a few weeks back didn't stop their stock from skyrocketting or the media crowning their *****. we are playing our game and i don't think there's a team that can stop us when we're playing our to potential(thanx shockey).

Doomsday101

Reaction score
jazzcat22;1210962 said:
Was that a good way to win the way we did. A hard fought back and forth close game. I think it is. The stock was rising maybe a little to fast. A pull back was needed for a market correction.

We needed a little dose of tough reality, and not a perfect Romo performance. Kind of a reminder to keep from getting ahead of oursekves.

BP sais Vandy's issues were causing in game decisions. But with MG 46 Yarder and winning can get those game plans and strategies back on line. And the team can have a K they can believe in and trust. So instead of pushing for those extra yards, or a longer pass down field with the possibility of a bad play on our part. Or a good play by the other team. They really can play for field position and FG's the way thaey want.

I think this win will strengthen the team the way it came about, than if we were to blow them out.

I agree. I think it helps to boost Gramatica confidence and the teams confidence in him.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Agreed! We needed a team win, in a close game, in the enemy's stadium. It was a hard fought win against a good team. It only builds momentum and confidence.

Our upcoming game against the Saints will be another hard fought game. Let's just hope our Cowboys are ready to play hard and with confidence.

We need to come out of the gates swinging, and play four quarters of good football.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
We have answered many questions and have many different types of signature wins with our wins since Romo's debut.

1) Romo's first start, we beat a pretty good team at their house, I think they had won 4 in a row.

2) Upset the only undefeated team left in the league.

3) After that great win, we turned around and beat up a team that we should beat up. We didn't overlook them or have a "Colts" hangover.

4) Then we go on the road, and defeat a division rival, who had their backs to the wall, who had come together, who had galvanized I heard, in a "must win" for them.

We now have an opportunity to beat another division leading, playoff team in December.

This is starting to get impressive, we could be witnessing history in the making.

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
bigbadroy;1210968 said:

Yeah - I also think that Tuna can't stand the sight of a midget running around the field like he's just won the Super Bowl after making every kick.

lspain1

Reaction score
dallascowboysfan31;1210969 said:
i don't think there's a team that can stop us when we're playing our to potential(thanx shockey).

I really hope that we are not buying this cheese. The Giants came VERY close to stopping us and other teams can as well. Gramatica was a key component we desperately needed. It paid off at the best possible time. Make no mistake, the Seahawks, Giants, and Bears can give us all we can handle. We need to win this week to continue working for a first round bye. We do not have much margin for error.

DrunkWithPower

Reaction score
A lot of you are crowning MG as our salvation, but he did miss his first try this week. I for one am reserving judgement until I see a few more attempts in different situations. I do agree the last kick was clutch but that doesn't mean he can do it consistently.

The again, I would love for our kicker curse to end...

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
bigbadroy;1210968 said:

At first, I thought Witten was celebrating just as much and just happened to run into a half-cocked Gramatica just as he was leaving his feet for a patented "Gramatica celebration".

But then I thought... perhaps Witten was just being "heads up" in making sure that Gramatica didn't cause an "unsportsman-like conduct" penalty for excessive celebration.

I chalk it up to Witten understanding the situation while still being able to celebrate moderately. Signs of a team bound for good things.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
I'll give him the first kick, it was his first in what 2 years? But then the rest were good, and the last was dead on. I just hope the production continues.

royhitshard

Reaction score
bigbadroy;1210968 said:

I think he just loves midgets. Maybe he thought he was an elf sent from Santa as an early Christmas gift and wanted to show the love. :D

Just speculation at this point.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
lspain1;1211083 said:
I really hope that we are not buying this cheese. The Giants came VERY close to stopping us and other teams can as well. Gramatica was a key component we desperately needed. It paid off at the best possible time. Make no mistake, the Seahawks, Giants, and Bears can give us all we can handle. We need to win this week to continue working for a first round bye. We do not have much margin for error.

DallasCowboysfan31 did say "when we play to our potential", so he isn't buying the cheese ... and I agree with him. Nobody scares me if we play the way we are capable.

The problem is playing to your potential every week, nobody can do it forever.

Verdict

Reaction score
lspain1;1211083 said:

I hope we dodge other NFC East teams in the playoffs.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
bigbadroy;1210968 said:

That was Bill Gramatica who did that, not Martin.

AmadeoV

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;1211197 said:
I'll give him the first kick, it was his first in what 2 years? But then the rest were good, and the last was dead on. I just hope the production continues.

Well, he was 1-for-1 with the Colts earlier this year. Not that that's much, as he's been bouncing around the league for a while, but he hasn't been entirely out of the league like Morten Andersen, etc.

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
Having a reliable FG kicker does more than give leaway to the play-caller. It also takes pressure off of the offense, allowing the offense to play more loose and with less tension, knowing that that it's not solely up them - or else - to score all points.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Good to see we have confidence in our kicker now. Martin was injured, so that definately impacted his perfomances the last few years. If guys like Morten Anderson, etc. are any indicator, kickers can go for a while. Kicking a FG from that distance, those circumstances, those weather conditions, it was nice to see him make it.

I'm glad Romo had the slump game and we still won. We all knew one of those was coming, but he better pick apart a weak NO defense.