Grand Funk Railroad. So underrated

Hardline

Reaction score
Grand-Funk-Railroad-The-American-Band-at-Music-Charts-Magazine-Don-Brewer-gives-Grand-Funk-Railroad-history-of-famous-rock-band.png

GettyImages-73907685.jpg

triplets_93

Reaction score
GFR deserve to be in the RRHOF !!!

I saw GFR 3 times. Mark Farner was quite the showman, along with his singing and playing.

Here's a live combo of "Black Licorice" and "The Railroad"

Hardline

Reaction score
GFR deserve to be in the RRHOF !!!

I saw GFR 3 times. Mark Farner was quite the showman, along with his singing and playing.

Here's a live combo of "Black Licorice" and "The Railroad"

Totally agree. GFR was the very definition of a Rock and Roll band.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Level 9 Classic!!

"It’s hard to believe that a band who once sold out New York’s Shea Stadium faster than the Beatles, and who were also the first US rock band to have 10 platinum discs in a row, have now almost been erased from memory,"
By Peter Makowski
( Classic Rock )

pete026

Reaction score
Trashed by the media, early on. Made it only by their dedicated fan following.

Somewhat simplistic rock & roll music that just has a great groove! My older brother turned me on to them and bought my first album when I was 8 years old.

Last edited:

RS12

Reaction score
True, I am your captain is an all time great. According Mark Farner the drummer is as big of a dirt bag as Henry Paul.

pete026

Reaction score
True, I am your captain is an all time great. According Mark Farner the drummer is as big of a dirt bag as Henry Paul.
I know about the riff between Mark Farner and Don Brewer but I don't know the story behind the Henry Paul reference, assuming this has to do with the Outlaws? I listened to the Outlaws in the 70s but haven't followed them since.

RS12

Reaction score
I know about the riff between Mark Farner and Don Brewer but I don't know the story behind the Henry Paul reference, assuming this has to do with the Outlaws? I listened to the Outlaws in the 70s but haven't followed them since.
My understanding is another case of scamming the band name out from under other band members and their families. To be fair Huey Thomasson and Billy Jones who were the heart of the band are long dead, but Henry Paul is generally disliked by many Outlaw fans to this day even though he ended up with the band name.

ESisback

Reaction score
VERY underrated! Someone said they’re NOT in the RnR HOF! That’s nuts, especially since Tupac and Dolly Parton are!

Their current guitar player is Bruce Kulick, who played 12 years with Kiss. He’s great!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There were two live albums in my constant rotation when they first came out and for years after. Grand Funk Live, 1st live album, and Allman Brothers Band at Fillmore East, the best live album of all time……according to me.

Hardline

Reaction score
There were two live albums in my constant rotation when they first came out and for years after. Grand Funk Live, 1st live album, and Allman Brothers Band at Fillmore East, the best live album of all time……according to me.
Great choices.