Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
If anyone has a PS2, please buy this game. It is simply incredible.

That's all I gotta' say. This game is going to dominate my life for quite a while.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Avery said:

That's all I gotta' say. This game is going to dominate my life for quite a while.

Where can we buy the "Humping Storm Trooper" game for the PS2... looks intriguing...

Duane

Reaction score
Avery said:

It looks awesome. Too bad I have an XBOX and will be stuck with GTA: Vice City for a while. Hopefully it'll be out for my system by summer.

Avery

Reaction score
trickblue said:
Where can we buy the "Humping Storm Trooper" game for the PS2... looks intriguing...

I think it'd be easier if you just played Leisure Suit Larry and put on the Star Wars theme.

LatinG187

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
Duane said:
It looks awesome. Too bad I have an XBOX and will be stuck with GTA: Vice City for a while. Hopefully it'll be out for my system by summer.

Same here.All I got is a XBOX,but I wish I had a PS2 just for this game.

Duane

Reaction score
LatinG187 said:
Same here.All I got is a XBOX,but I wish I had a PS2 just for this game.

Good news is that we'll get Halo 2 next month and when GTA: SA comes out for us it'll have better graphics and sound.

LatinG187

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
Duane said:
Good news is that we'll get Halo 2 next month

I just placed my pre-order for Halo 2 this past Saturday.I'm pumped to play this game.I still play the first one like I just got it yesterday.

Duane said:
and when GTA: SA comes out for us it'll have better graphics and sound.

That's true,the GTA: Double Pack looked alot better than the PS2 versions and I love having Custom Soundtracks.I have also been hearing that we could POSSIBLY get GTA: San Andreas sooner than expected considering that XBOX has been outselling PS2 in recent months.I'm trying not to read much about this game so whenever it comes to XBOX everything will be new to me.

Duane

Reaction score
LatinG187 said:
That's true,the GTA: Double Pack looked alot better than the PS2 versions and I love having Custom Soundtracks.I have also been hearing that we could POSSIBLY get GTA: San Andreas sooner than expected considering that XBOX has been outselling PS2 in recent months.I'm trying not to read much about this game so whenever it comes to XBOX everything will be new to me.

I'm doing the same. I read the Gamespot review and that's it. I'm not reading the message boards or anything else until I can play it.

Avery

Reaction score
I almost want to buy a XBOX solely because of Halo 2. However, I'm a little hesitant seeing as how the next generation consoles might be coming out next Xmas.

Think it would be worth it?

San Andreas would be even better on the Xbox (less freeze-up/better frame rate). I'm pretty sure Rockstar would like to pound it out before the holidays but I doubt that will happen.

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
Don't mean to hijack the thread but since there are so many gamers here and some w/ X-Box, thought y'all might be able to help me figure out what is wrong w/ my sons...

A few weeks after the warranty expired .... blinking green/amber/red/amber light on the power button when you try to turn it on ....and nothing happens...black screen like the tv hasn't been turned on... has anyone seen that before? Microsoft was no help for the paid tech support call.

Really would appreciate any help. I'm computer savvy and have no problem taking the thing apart to repair it if a part needs replacing...just need to know where to look... processor, mainboard, fuses, vrm's, graphics, etc...

thank you for letting me interrupt...

Duane

Reaction score
CowboysPrincess said:
Don't mean to hijack the thread but since there are so many gamers here and some w/ X-Box, thought y'all might be able to help me figure out what is wrong w/ my sons...

A few weeks after the warranty expired .... blinking green/amber/red/amber light on the power button when you try to turn it on ....and nothing happens...black screen like the tv hasn't been turned on... has anyone seen that before? Microsoft was no help for the paid tech support call.

Really would appreciate any help. I'm computer savvy and have no problem taking the thing apart to repair it if a part needs replacing...just need to know where to look... processor, mainboard, fuses, vrm's, graphics, etc...

thank you for letting me interrupt...
Sounds to me like the harddrive pooped out.

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
Duane said:
Sounds to me like the harddrive pooped out.

You couldn't have said fuse, could you... :D

Guess I'd better look into a parts xbox

Thanx Duane for taking the time to help me

Duane

Reaction score
CowboysPrincess said:
You couldn't have said fuse, could you... :D

Guess I'd better look into a parts xbox

Thanx Duane for taking the time to help me
I'm no expert but it sounds a lot like the hard drive has died. There are tons of xbox modding forums on the net. You might want to surf there and check them out. That or you could cut your losses and buy a used one for under $100.

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
Duane said:
I'm no expert but it sounds a lot like the hard drive has died. There are tons of xbox modding forums on the net. You might want to surf there and check them out. That or you could cut your losses and buy a used one for under $100.

probably would be cheaper to just buy a used one like you said.