GRAPH: Run Defense and Pass Rush Grades: 2023 NFL Defensive Tackles

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I have to admit I am a little surprised Osa Odighizuwa is in the top right quadrant. I expected to see him in the top left considering how bad the run defense is.

I am also shocked by where Jonathan Allen is, top left and one of the worst run defenders in the league.

And can we call Javon Kinlaw a major bust yet?
No legit NFL linebackers for several years now. Well, since Quinn. That’s a big part of the run defense.

phildadon86

Reaction score
No legit NFL linebackers for several years now. Well, since Quinn. That’s a big part of the run defense.
Judging what Quinn has done since taking over the Commanders and the fact he wanted Wagner here but the FO didnt want to spend the money on him and spent the money on LVE your attempt to blame Quinn for the lack of LBs is disengenous at best.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Judging what Quinn has done since taking over the Commanders and the fact he wanted Wagner here but the FO didnt want to spend the money on him and spent the money on LVE your attempt to blame Quinn for the lack of LBs is disengenous at best.
I judged him by what he did here Which is to field the worst run defense in the NFL. He’s great for Madden players as he focuses on turnovers and sacks. When the opposing team is running rock right down your throat on every play, like in the playoffs, its failures rear it’s ugly head.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I made this point before the draft.

We had guys lobbying for WR before DT. Mind numbing.
The only way this makes sense is that the Cowboys insiders believe Mazi is a 60-70 snap defensive leviathan.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I judged him by what he did here Which is to field the worst run defense in the NFL. He’s great for Madden players as he focuses on turnovers and sacks. When the opposing team is running rock right down your throat on every play, like in the playoffs, its failures rear it’s ugly head.
Hard to stop the run when the FO wont give you the tools or players to stop the run though isnt it?

You can sit here and play lollipops and rainbows all you want with this FO but the reality is much different.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hard to stop the run when the FO wont give you the tools or players to stop the run though isnt it?

You can sit here and play lollipops and rainbows all you want with this FO but the reality is much different.
You must’ve misunderstood me. I’m not defending the FO so please don’t say something that’s false. I get that you’re trying to change the narrative. You do that a lot.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Yet another problem….doubling, tripling, quadrupling down on mistakes hoping to prove yourself right.

They figure they just invested huge capital into Mazi, so no need to attempt to improve the DT position with free agents that cover their other draft failures.

This is not an awful team or roster by any means, but I just don’t see how they are ever going to be able to stop the run.

We all know that situation peaks with an early playoff exit, but Jerry and kid don’t agree. Ball just didn’t bounce right. Three playoff wins short and it’s about that? How is one really supposed to be encouraged by these two being in charge?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Why is Calais Campbell not on this graph? He played very well for an old DT for the Falcons last year: 6.5 sacks, 1 forced fumble/recover, 32 solo tackles and 56 total tackles.

I wish Jerry would go after him since he's currently a free agent.
Even if he plays inside sometimes, he’s ultimately an oversized End

Chasing6

Reaction score
In the GB game, several times they didn't even bother to block Micah, just chipped him to the outside and ran right past him.
Micah on plays on passing downs. He rests on run plays.