Great 4-2 and The Free Agents Earned Their Money

eromeopolk

Reaction score
You are what you are 4-2. Every game in the NFL is worth 1/17 of the season and the Joneboys have won 67% of the games played which if continued will get to the playoffs.

What was great about last nights win was finally the much celebrated FA, Gilmore, and Cooks showed up and showed out. Cooks got separation, and Gilmore got an interception game clinching.

Here is hoping the Dumbo GM makes moves to replenish and improve the roster for a Super Bowl run. But for know you are what you are 4-2, 2 games out from the division lead, and with 65% of the season left.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Neither Gilmore or Cooks were free agents.
Whatever traded players that would have been free agents when they did not make their teams. Unlike every other GM, Jerry Dumbo GM Jones does not trade players that are about to let go a year ahead to get draft picks/value.

Texans was not going to have Cooks block their WR growth and Indy was not going to block their young DB growth. So in my eyes they are free agent gonna be.

Jonesboys paid for the free agents and they earn the money last night.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Whatever traded players that would have been free agents when they did not make their teams. Unlike every other GM, Jerry Dumbo GM Jones does not trade players that are about to let go a year ahead to get draft picks/value.

Texans was not going to have Cooks block their WR growth and Indy was not going to block their young DB growth. So in my eyes they are free agent gonna be.

Wide receiver growth? They are starting an 11-year vet at WR presently who they signed to a cheaper deal in the off-season.

This isn't about blocking progress. It is about being cheap.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
You are what you are 4-2. Every game in the NFL is worth 1/17 of the season and the Joneboys have won 67% of the games played which if continued will get to the playoffs.

What was great about last nights win was finally the much celebrated FA, Gilmore, and Cooks showed up and showed out. Cooks got separation, and Gilmore got an interception game clinching.

Here is hoping the Dumbo GM makes moves to replenish and improve the roster for a Super Bowl run. But for know you are what you are 4-2, 2 games out from the division lead, and with 65% of the season left.
Super bowl run? No

Bottom Feed Bowl. Yes

DuceizBak

Reaction score
If SF can get knocked out by another team, Dallas has a chance. I just don’t think the Cowboys would be able to overcome the mental block that comes with having lost to those dudes 3 times in a row.
Exactly lol. San Franscisco will never beat another team as bad as they beat us the whole season. You can book it.
They literally have one of the worst offensive lines in the league, they are ranked 23rd in pass blocking and 20th in run blocking.

Our defensive line played horrible against them. I think the Bengals, Eagles (sadly), Seahawks, and Ravens get them. The Rams might split with them as well.

Cowboys overthink when it comes to the 49ers and get in their own way. I don't think the 49ers are that much better.
Another thing that also happens is that the 49ers are uncharacteristically typically very healthy against us. All of their star players are guys who tend to get injured (C-Mac, Deebo, Bosa, and Trent). I'm not wishing for injuries but I would not be surprised if they get bounced in the first playoff game.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score

Aren't we just 1 game back since the beagles lost? I usually would not care but I do love it when the eagles lose. Just makes my day. :)

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Wide receiver growth? They are starting an 11-year vet at WR presently who they signed to a cheaper deal in the off-season.

This isn't about blocking progress. It is about being cheap.
Go watch the Texans, until last week Nico Collins and Dell were the leading WRs in yards and catches and under the age of 24 (Dell is still 2nd in yardage behind Collins). WTH are you talking about. Woods is 3rd option at best. Metchie is on his way back.

No need for Cooks in Texan land.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Aren't we just 1 game back since the beagles lost? I usually would not care but I do love it when the eagles lose. Just makes my day. :)
Unless your sister is Halle or Scalett, a tie is like kissing your sister. Lets get 1 game up on Philly ;)

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
If SF can get knocked out by another team, Dallas has a chance. I just don’t think the Cowboys would be able to overcome the mental block that comes with having lost to those dudes 3 times in a row.
I think we take them in game 4, the law of averages gotta catch up with them. They may have more injuries than us by then.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Go watch the Texans, until last week Nico Collins and Dell were the leading WRs in yards and catches and under the age of 24 (Dell is still 2nd in yardage behind Collins). WTH are you talking about. Woods is 3rd option at best. Metchie is on his way back.

No need for Cooks in Texan land.
Woods has the most targets of any receiver on the Texans.

Doesn't sound like third option, bro.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Woods has the most targets of any receiver on the Texans.

Doesn't sound like third option, bro.
Catch the ball, run with the ball, score with the ball. Woods is a way distant 3rd. What counts is on the field. Targets do not count. It is called an incompletion on the QB stats.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

And didn’t we sign them to new contracts? I’m with you it’s free agency.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Neither Gilmore or Cooks were free agents.
And Jerry isn't really the GM but we are letting facts detract from a good rant.
Those trades do look key right now given where we'd be without them.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
And Jerry isn't really the GM but we are letting facts detract from a good rant.
Those trades do look key right now given where we'd be without them.
Well, hard to freaking tell after only five games.

Premature evaluator. Show them your O face