Great debut for Kellen Moore

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If you're surprised, you were never really paying attention in the first place.

He'll be Dallas' next head coach since there's a trend in today's NFL to hire young HCs....

I dont think he is HC material at this point. Let him be the little OC genius nerd. Get a real man to handle the HC duties. A grinder.

But lets be honest. Garrett isnt going anywhere. With Moore heading the offense this team is a true contender.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm gonna say it right now....they are not the same plays. Nice try Dak. :laugh:
I’ll go with Dak on this. He’s seen the playbooks both then and now, not to mention played with both, plus he is not the first person that has made these kinds of comments. Witten said something similar awhile back about what Moore was doing with the offense, and it was said after the Rams game last year that the Rams weren’t running different plays than the Cowboys, but they were doing a much better job disguising them with motion and shifts.

I will say there were a couple of plays that looked unfamiliar, but for the most part there weren’t plays that we haven’t seen, just maybe not as often or in the same situations. The play calling was a big difference.

Zman5

Reaction score
The last pre-season game was where I felt Moore was going to be a different OC than the ones we had past 10 years. All the new plays and shifts are great but biggest thing for me was how he quickly adjusted his play calling in that game. When he saw that the OL wasn't holding up and the QB was getting rushed , he immediately called quick crossing route plays to help the QB out.

How many times have we seen JG/Linehan keep calling the same plays that wasn't working? Not adjusting to the game situation until it was too late. Do you guys remember the game against ATL?

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Either Dak has been working on the deep ball and they felt more comfortable going with it this game or Dak has had the ability and it’s been leashed. Because deep and medium passes were excellent today. Maybe it’s because Gallup has developed.

Its because they threw out the lame Garrett playbook and let Moore do what was necessary in getting this offense going.

Garrett has offered nothing to this team. Nothing. He should quit coaching and become a motivational speaker. That is the only thing that he is good for.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
The last pre-season game was where I felt Moore was going to be a different OC than the ones we had past 10 years. All the new plays and shifts are great but biggest thing for me was how he quickly adjusted his play calling in that game. When he saw that the OL wasn't holding up and the QB was getting rushed , he immediately called quick crossing route plays to help the QB out.

How many times have we seen JG/Linehan keep calling the same plays that wasn't working? Not adjusting to the game situation until it was too late. Do you guys remember the game against ATL?

And when JG/Linehan went with a play that worked, they simply got away from it and went back to their boring, vanilla offense.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
We need more Moore threads. Can’t believe this is the only one after yesterday’s game.

I love this tweet from Bob Sturm:

SlammedZero

Reaction score
The though experiment I had in the offseason was, what if Moore blows up all year and we do awesome (let's say SB win or loss). Moore is offered a HC position elsewhere. Do we resign Garrett? Fire Garrett and promote Moore? Weird situation for a make or break management year.

Right? Winning with Garrett is a double edged sword.

Scotman

Reaction score
You guys are just seeing what you want to see. What I saw was a lot of unnecessary running around before the ball was even snapped. Our guys are going to be gassed by mid-season having run twice as far as every opponent.

I'm just kidding. That was a terrific debut for Kellen. I loved it in the 90's when we could just tell the defense what we were going to do and they simply couldn't stop it. But the talent level isn't nearly as lopsided as it was back then. Say what you want about the salary cap, but it did bring some parity to the league. Coaches are more important than ever, IMO.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We need more Moore threads. Can’t believe this is the only one after yesterday’s game.

I love this tweet from Bob Sturm:

Sturm nails it yet again!
:hammer:

See what this player talent can do with an actual coach?!?!? And one calling just his first game to boot!

Scotman

Reaction score
I'm just happy Dak could drive the Kellen bus without wrecking it.

giphy.gif

If Dak was driving a bus yesterday, it was this one.

kskboys

Reaction score
yeah, what the heck does Dak know about football. we should just come to you.....apprantley you know more than coaches, players.....
Dak has always been politically correct in his statements. There is absolutely no reason to throw Linehan under the bus. That's what this is about, and I respect Dak for it.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak has always been politically correct in his statements. There is absolutely no reason to throw Linehan under the bus. That's what this is about, and I respect Dak for it.
now, Dak is politically correct. Linehan is no longer here. its Moore. he could have just as easily said, there were a few new wrinkles and some new plays and we are excited to use them. but he didn't. so now, in order to prove yourself right, we defer to Dak being Politically correct. sounds like a spin to me

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Dallas offense between opp 21-30 yard lines

79 plays, 3 TD

8 plays, 3 TD

This is what I expected from Moore.

He's going to be high-octane.

Just look at his college career. Then look at him. He can't be the guy who put up those numbers, but he was.

You can see it here. If you watch his highlights, he's all over the map as far as throws on the field.

It's really great.

Gruden says Moore's offense was the most complicated he'd ever seen.

Go to about the 10:00 minute mark to hear Gruden talk about how advanced Moore's offense was in college.

Last edited: