Great expect a more conservative game plan

DallasDomination

Reaction score
I was just listening to BP press Conference and he just said he should of played more Conservative before the half of the Jags game...That just jumps to me as a coach that doesnt really like to take chances.

Hey in this game you have to take chances and be aggresive to win. Look at the Steelers and Colts and all the other good teams. They play with anothger level, not this conservative, no mistake calm game plan. Story of the year so far after game 1, this team has Awesome players playing a Vanilla game plan. Great:rolleyes:

Dont expect to see us opening anything up against the Commanders:banghead: :banghead:

cowboys19

Reaction score
parcells is right he should have played more Conservative. Would have been 10-3.

believe it or not parcells was pretty agressive throughout the game. No he/Palmer didnt call a great game, but i think the pass run ratio was 60/40 somehting like that. If we started passing any more jacksonville would have noticed this and Bledsoe would have been picked off.

The only reason why we didnt score more points was because lack of execution, not because of bad playcalling

JMHO

BigD_95

Reaction score
I actually agree with Bill. If he is talking about right before halftime. Dallas had the ball with around 2 min to go and it was like 2nd & 17. Bledsoe throws a int and we go to halftime 10-10.

If Dallas does a draw or screen and even if it doesnt work. We punt and go to halftime 10-3 and getting the ball to start the half.

I felt it was bad to pass there.

Rgular_Skinman

Reaction score
Well, being that the "Fat Tuna" is already losing credibility with his lackluster of a fanbase; I just add a little more flame to the fire.

Exactly how conservative do you think that BP will go against us?

cowboys19

Reaction score
Rgular_Skinman said:
Well, being that the "Fat Tuna" is already losing credibility with his lackluster of a fanbase; I just add a little more flame to the fire.

How do you think he is losing credibility with his lackluster fan base?

I would think he has one of the biggest fan bases in football. including former and active players

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Why is this bad? Do you actually want interceptaBledsoe throwing the ball any more than he absolutely has to?

2much2soon

Reaction score
Other than all the runs up the middle it didn't seem overly conservative to me.
They did go for it on 4th down and ran off-tackle at that.
There were several of those 2nd-down-and-short runs up the middle that were just screaming for play action and wing it deep to Ownes/Glenn, though. Given BPs love for play action passes in those situations I can't believe we didn't see it more.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
When Parcells says Conservative he means Vanilla. And I know he was right about the last game but after listening to him I just got this feeling he's going to take a step back against the redkins.

Stupid Bledsoe and his bad execution are going to hurt us..Vanilla man:mad:

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Well if you ask me you should run on a 3rd and long..Not drw play to Barber:rolleyes: ..W/E that game sucked.

superpunk

Reaction score
Listening comprehension is where it's at. Parcells knows he should have played it safer BEFORE THE HALF. Not doing so led to a big swing. we were up 10-3, he was being very aggerssive going for more. This has no bearing on a gameplan, it's just coaching within the game.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Rgular_Skinman said:

Probably pretty conservative. It should only take 1 to 3 FGs to get it done, with that offense down in Washington.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
DallasDomination said:
I was just listening to BP press Conference and he just said he should of played more Conservative before the half of the Jags game...That just jumps to me as a coach that doesnt really like to take chances.

Hey in this game you have to take chances and be aggresive to win. Look at the Steelers and Colts and all the other good teams. They play with anothger level, not this conservative, no mistake calm game plan. Story of the year so far after game 1, this team has Awesome players playing a Vanilla game plan. Great:rolleyes:

Dont expect to see us opening anything up against the Commanders:banghead: :banghead:

Once Dallas was faced with 1-20 because of a holding call right before halftime it would have been a better ideal to just go into half with a lead. While you may think that is conservative I would consider it being smart.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
2much2soon said:
Other than all the runs up the middle it didn't seem overly conservative to me.
They did go for it on 4th down and ran off-tackle at that.
There were several of those 2nd-down-and-short runs up the middle that were just screaming for play action and wing it deep to Ownes/Glenn, though. Given BPs love for play action passes in those situations I can't believe we didn't see it more.

Actually, I think that was supposed to be up the middle and Barbar broke it off tackle. Not designed that way. Just good vision and feet by MB or...... am I confused and that was another play?

:laugh2:

DallasDomination

Reaction score
If it was 1st and 20 and we did nothing but run or short pass plays before the half BP would be getting riped for not being more aggresive...It's a double standard I Guess.

for me it's not a double standard. Teams that play aggresive Win, Teams that are affraid to take chances get their butts mopped all over the floor. That's how I see it. Dontplay dumb play smart and aggresive on both sides of the field.

A little adjustments and we should be a very good team. Sunday should be fun...Hopefully.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
BigD_95 said:
I actually agree with Bill. If he is talking about right before halftime. Dallas had the ball with around 2 min to go and it was like 2nd & 17. Bledsoe throws a int and we go to halftime 10-10.

If Dallas does a draw or screen and even if it doesnt work. We punt and go to halftime 10-3 and getting the ball to start the half.

I felt it was bad to pass there.
It's a shame that we have this "supposed" all world quarterback, and we are getting the same Quincy Carter "don't let the QB do too much" attitude from Bill Parcells already.

THis is supposed to be the great Bledsoe, not Quincy. The guy should know better than to throw an interception in a crucial time like this, that's why we are giving him all the rope in the world. Sad.......

Derinyar

Reaction score
You have to balance agressive and safe. We probably should have played it safer right before the half. I think we did try a few agressive passing plays, but they were pretty much foiled by lack of execution.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Derinyar said:
You have to balance agressive and safe. We probably should have played it safer right before the half. I think we did try a few agressive passing plays, but they were pretty much foiled by lack of execution.
I liked the play calling there, but your QB has to be able to play under duress. He knew he couldn't afford to turn the ball over there, and he has to be smarter than that. Plus, we could've actually stopped them and allowed them only 3, but we didn't.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I thought throwing at the end of the half showed we weren't being "conservative" and of course it burned us.

It happens.

NFL football is basically conservative football. Teams that throw all over the place like the Colts never win when it counts. The Steelers won last year with arguably the most conservative offence in the NFL. Their bus driver QB is basically told don't lose the game while their RBs and defence win it.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
DallasDomination said:
If it was 1st and 20 and we did nothing but run or short pass plays before the half BP would be getting riped for not being more aggresive...It's a double standard I Guess.

for me it's not a double standard. Teams that play aggresive Win, Teams that are affraid to take chances get their butts mopped all over the floor. That's how I see it. Dontplay dumb play smart and aggresive on both sides of the field.

A little adjustments and we should be a very good team. Sunday should be fun...Hopefully.

I think there are times to be aggressive and times to be conservative and when looking at 1st and 20 late in the second odds are you’re going to get burnt being overly aggressive. Had we not had the holding call Dallas would have had the ball at around the 46 or 47 yard line and I would have been aggressive at least trying to get a FG. Once the holding call took place I think we would have been better off going into half with a 10-3 lead.

2much2soon

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Actually, I think that was supposed to be up the middle and Barbar broke it off tackle. Not designed that way. Just good vision and feet by MB or...... am I confused and that was another play?

:laugh2:

it might of been designed to go up the middle but I think there was a minor jailbreak of d-linemen that Barber avoided and broke outside.