Great FG block by Canty, huge effort

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
He folded up his guy and dove way up and forward for one heck of an effort and great play. It squished the confidence out of Minni. Watkins made a nice alert play running the ball back too. Even Carpenter made a nice block on Watkins return, pancaking the kicker I think.

Hatcher made quite the strip on the forced fumble too. Nice, smart play.

LarryCanadian

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
LarryCanadian;1722956 said:
He folded up his guy and dove way up and forward for one heck of an effort and great play. It squished the confidence out of Minni. Watkins made a nice alert play running the ball back too. Even Carpenter made a nice block on Watkins return, pancaking the kicker I think.

Hatcher made quite the strip on the forced fumble too. Nice, smart play.

LarryCanadian

Great hustle on the Dline. They really took it to a good Oline and won.

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
I wish Canty would have tackled Taylor for the Safety. I guess that's too much to ask.

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
Yeah, our Dline seems to allow QB's and runners in the backfield to get out of almost certain sacks/tackles-for-losses more frequently than you'd expect. Ware had a couple of sacks today that just didn't bring the QB down. 1 got called for a ground, but 1 I think the ball got out, where I thought he had a sure sack.

Larry

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I liked the ST play -- that is really encouraging -- we don't have the D or the O to completely dominate teams week after week - but if we can mix in the occassional great ST play, it makes us very strong.

Canty -- and the entire DL including the backups were very good today - several frustrating misses but great play nonetheless

badleelee

Reaction score
abersonc;1722987 said:
I liked the ST play -- that is really encouraging -- we don't have the D or the O to completely dominate teams week after week - but if we can mix in the occassional great ST play, it makes us very strong.

Canty -- and the entire DL including the backups were very good today - several frustrating misses but great play nonetheless

True.....

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
whens the last time we have blocked any kind of kick...