Great game, but what was the deal with those bubble screens?

Cowboy from New York

Reaction score
Anyone hear good analysis on how we got gashed on those two bubble screens? I saw Church got crushed by a pulling lineman on the one that scored but main problem seemed to be bad angles by Wilcox.

In interest for next week, I think GB runs the same thing, not sure if Lions do regularly.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anyone hear good analysis on how we got gashed on those two bubble screens? I saw Church got crushed by a pulling lineman on the one that scored but main problem seemed to be bad angles by Wilcox.

In interest for next week, I think GB runs the same thing, not sure if Lions do regularly.

I thought the first one was on the replacement LB, but I"m not sure. Maybe it's a different outcome with McClain in the lineup next week. Assuming he can go.

Either way, there's only so much they're going to do against us with their screen games if we're piling up points offensively like we have been in recent weeks.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
I thought the first one was on the replacement LB, but I"m not sure. Maybe it's a different outcome with McClain in the lineup next week. Assuming he can go.

Either way, there's only so much they're going to do against us with their screen games if we're piling up points offensively like we have been in recent weeks.

I think RoMac will be a go next week. I think they really wanted to give him the week off to give his knee as much recoup time as they could.

dguinta1

Reaction score
Not going to stop everything especially with a bend don't break D. A D which has helped us to a 12 win season. GO COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Cowboys have struggled to defend the bubble screens for a few years now. But that one to jackson there wasnt even a guy on him. He was left alone and was a blown coverage.

montgod

Reaction score
10 Words: RG3 can only throw screens and sucks at everything else.

I will give him a small amount of credit for his long ball... specifically the ones to DJax, but other than that, he definitely has lost his mojo.